• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Ask an ISTJ Anything!

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Are you distrustful? Or have lack of belief in competency in others at first?

Perceive first. I give them two chances, any more than that and it's proven that they're either cheaters, untrustworthy, or just incompetent. But in general I assume people aren't trustworthy, and make backup plans.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Give me an example of a situation where you give someone a compliment.

"Good job, your work met my impossibly high standards that I felt it fit to let you know that."

Fe style compliments seem to be less awkward, but I don't feel like faking it.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Do you ask nosey questions sometimes ?

No, but I try to make conversation.

If I'm in the situation where I want to suss stuff out, I can probably figure it out via inference and existing data, and a huge dose of skepticism. Knowing that my judgment may not be 100% correct but trusting it anyway. Elementary, etc etc, watson, etc,

I mostly err on the side of 'boundaries' to the extent where I find it hard to make friends.

bradly22

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was wondering if ISTJs and ISFJs were compatible? That is because they share the Si cognitive function. Does the Si function make them compatible?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I was wondering if ISTJs and ISFJs were compatible? That is because they share the Si cognitive function. Does the Si function make them compatible?

It is one of my favourite pairings.

... I also know old married couples that are likely ISTJ/ISFJ combination, and it seems stable and complimentary. There's a lot in common due to Si dom. They have Fe/Ti and Te/Fi so ways of doing things are different, but there's a lot of understanding, and there's usually a willingness to stick together even when there's arguments, due to Si's preference for what they already have an extensive data set on and can predict easily.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
bradly22 said:

Hello. I think you might enjoy the "ISTJ Appreciation" Thread on page 2; it was started by an ISFJ and there are several mentions of the ISTJ/ISFJ relationship. Personally, I think the ISFJ is probably my favorite type; you guys are very loyal and sweet and these are important qualities.

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
Do you like taking things apart?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Lloyd said:
Do you like taking things apart?

Not really, but if it's a simple object (a carafe with a screw-on lid), I'll take it apart to clean it.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For you how would you say Te and Ti differ. Plus how does your tert Fi show and manifest.

Most of the time when Ti makes a point I'm confused and I ask them "What?" although that one word is insufficient for Ti and I have to be more specific with my question(s).
Ti also gets so caught up in whatever is going on inside their own head, that they almost never consider what I tell them, and that's why conversation is often so difficult with them.
I'm not sure how to explain Te, because I haven't met enough TJ types to have a proper opinion, except that bossy Te is unhealthy and nobody should assume all TJs are bossy.

Fi can be seen in what beliefs you defend, or what beliefs you refuse to compromise, even if you don't necessarily defend them.
It can also be something to the effect of "Don't tell me what to feel, that's my decision" in response to somebody that actually is trying to control/manipulate your feelings.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I haven't met a single ISFJ that I liked, and I've met several. Why? Too much drama, and I live up to the cliche that as an ISTJ, I have no patience for drama.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
How do you view Ni as your 8th function? Ni is the worst function for ISTJ

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How do you view Ni as your 8th function? Ni is the worst function for ISTJ

More like worst function in general.

OohBurn.gif

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
If you are given a chance to eat a durian, would you try it? Any exotic foods you wanna try?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If you are given a chance to eat a durian, would you try it? Any exotic foods you wanna try?

Part of me would maybe want to because it was in animal crossing, but I probably wouldn't because of the smell. I don't have anything on my to do list, but really. Maybe squid ink ice cream since it looked pretty and someone said it reminded them of me, but I think it would taste bad tbh, so idk.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If an apple juice box and a kiwi lime pie were in front of you... which would you choose first?