• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

junathan

I liked SFVB and SFBL the most! I like being authenthic and what i life my life for, described at SFVB. I also like about the harmony, responsibility and kindness described at the SFBL. To be honest i think SFBL takes it but i really liked SFBL aswell.
Glad you resonate with SFVB haha. A few of my friends took the test and got SFVB as well haha, and they are pretty chill 😎

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
And I’ve been thinking about what you said here, and I don’t really get the logic… could you help me understand it if you don’t mind?

What I was getting at, was in the questioning itself, I kind of had to rank my answers. So say in one group I strongly agree with all the statements. I have to rank my answers and pick the statement I agree with most, then next most, then 3rd, then fourth. So even though I might strongly agree with the lowest ranking statement - once my options are used up it creates the impression I am neutral with one of the statements, even though I feel I strongly agree with it. I didn't think that was a great approach, but I rolled with it.

If I was to apply the same standard the test forced upon me to the how the test ranks my type, the scoring should not be able to rank me "low" on all the type categories. Think of the scoring as agreeing/disagreeing that I match the personality type listed. So once the test ranks me low on one type (i.e. it strongly disagrees I am that type), that low option should be removed for the other types (just like the test removed my option to strongly agree/disagree with multiple statements). The test should have said, well, I can't tell what type he really is, but I have to rank one option the highest.

But it didn't. In my view, the test failed to live up to it's own standards.

Anyways, no big deal, I'm not mystified by my type, I'm INTP through and through. I just took the test (and maybe I did rush a little, but I did consider the questions honestly) just to see what it was all about.

I also took the Sakinorva test mentioned earlier in the thread. I know it's not MBTI per se, but it had some MBTI like outcomes. It scored me as INTP for the Grant function type and the two others which used MBTI letters. So I felt that test was accurate in it's way.

junathan

What I was getting at, was in the questioning itself, I kind of had to rank my answers. So say in one group I strongly agree with all the statements. I have to rank my answers and pick the statement I agree with most, then next most, then 3rd, then fourth. So even though I might strongly agree with the lowest ranking statement - once my options are used up it creates the impression I am neutral with one of the statements, even though I feel I strongly agree with it. I didn't think that was a great approach, but I rolled with it.

If I was to apply the same standard the test forced upon me to the how the test ranks my type, the scoring should not be able to rank me "low" on all the type categories. Think of the scoring as agreeing/disagreeing that I match the personality type listed. So once the test ranks me low on one type (i.e. it strongly disagrees I am that type), that low option should be removed for the other types (just like the test removed my option to strongly agree/disagree with multiple statements). The test should have said, well, I can't tell what type he really is, but I have to rank one option the highest.

But it didn't. In my view, the test failed to live up to it's own standards.

Anyways, no big deal, I'm not mystified by my type, I'm INTP through and through. I just took the test (and maybe I did rush a little, but I did consider the questions honestly) just to see what it was all about.

I also took the Sakinorva test mentioned earlier in the thread. I know it's not MBTI per se, but it had some MBTI like outcomes. It scored me as INTP for the Grant function type and the two others which used MBTI letters. So I felt that test was accurate in it's way.
Oh that's an interesting way to look at it. Personally, I think it's the complete opposite. 🤔

If the test didn't force me to pick one choice over another, then the test would have failed in the sense that I did not really answer what I preferred. Like if there's a test to determine if I'm more of a dog lover or a cat lover, and suppose the test allowed me to prefer both equally, then the test would be pointless unfortunately. 😕

So, if you strongly agree with all statements then wouldn't you not have a type? Because you prefer to do everything equally... or learned to accept that all preferences are good.

SensEye

MBTI Type
INTp
If the test didn't force me to pick one choice over another, then the test would have failed in the sense that I did not really answer what I preferred. Like if there's a test to determine if I'm more of a dog lover or a cat lover, and suppose the test allowed me to prefer both equally, then the test would be pointless unfortunately. 😕
Just for clarity, even though I didn't necessarily agree with that approach, I could live with it. My main beef is the test did not apply that approach to itself. It could happily rank me low across all types (which is like disagreeing with all the answers). Also, in reality I did not really run into the issue of wanting to rank all 4 questions the same very often. So I have no idea why that test could not type me. But I had other issues with that test right from question one. So I will just leave it as that test is no good for me (and I would argue, nobody with an NT type).

@Pionart - I'll chalk up your typing as the result of a small sample size. So I won't be offended. ;)

@aGuyWhoDoesntKnowHisMBTI - I'm not really sure. I don't really consider myself a type guru. I pretty much stick to MBTI (it works for me) and have not really explored other typing methodologies. There is a test I took a long time ago (note my join date) and unfortunately I can't remember where I found it. It was an MBTI test but one thing I really liked about it was in the results, it showed a grid that showed how the test scored you across all 16 types. That would be a useful tool for you I think but I've tried to find that test again before with no luck, so unless someone else here with a better memory has encountered it, I can't direct you to it.

The fact that you are religious, want success, and seem to place high emphasis on how society views you leads me to think you are some sort of SJ. But you are indecisive and have some other worldviews that lead me away from SJ so I can't be sure.