• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are mixed-raced people the best looking?

Billionaires

Jeremy Meeks
mm35.jpg

jeremy-meeks-chlor-greens-dad-will-end-romance-ftr.jpg

Cindy Sirinya Bishop
IMG_8283.JPG

Cindy-Bishop-talks-about-Gigi-Hadid-and-PETA.jpg

Gigi Hadid
gigi-hadid-interview-body-image-lead.jpg

838356-500w.jpg

Zayn Malik
zayn_malik_getty911518552.jpg

1623692-zayn-1517473042.jpg

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? Honestly, it's all a matter of personal preference. For me, I think both mixed and unmixed can be attractive.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this isn't a significant variable... sometimes they look nice, and sometimes they don't... same with those with less recent admixture of "bloodlines"...

Lark

To be honest there's only one race, the human race, although I think I know what's meant.

To which I'd have to say what sort of mixed race idea is meant as I think even if you take for example, say, the Scottish, they are a mix of a lot of different and diverse tribes or ethnicities within the british isles and even the french (the trade routes used to be horizontal comprising parts of the European mainland more than vertically within the UK/scotland, england and wales).

I saw a news story about the northern league in Italy and the way the right wing populists from there had evolved and they had some guys on talking the alt right talk about the UK and the threat of political islam, it was curious given that most of the same factions within the UK want as little to do with Italy as they do Islam, the interviewer on the scene was saying that he thought this was about keeping the UK and Europe "white", which they did not disagree with.

I just thought, hmm, that's weird, I've never really thought of the Italians as particularly "white", the same goes for most of the US that have ideas about "white supremacy", they dont always strike me as that particularly "white", not compared to here, I also dont think here is that "white" compared to parts of Scotland either.

Lark

this isn't a significant variable... sometimes they look nice, and sometimes they don't... same with those with less recent admixture of "bloodlines"...

I think that research has talked about symmetry being important.

It varies from time to time but I find the Canadians are especially beautiful, some parts of the US too and most of the time, without fail, the pale, red headed Scottish. When I was younger and Neighbours was a global phenomenon with prime time slots for broadcast and the rival Home and Away, I used to like australians too but not so much these days.

Tengri

The exoticism of unique facial features or body proportions can definitely be eye-catching, though I wouldn't go so far as to claim they're more attractive. Ethiopians and Melanesians are two groups that come to mind: they embody an amalgam of people's features living around them - blonde hair, blue eyes, and dark skin being the most striking in the latter. Much like the world can be mapped out in varying shades of brown, I think that the concept of 'mixed' is a little redundant and based on memes and stereotypes. I think that there is something else entirely going on with this kind of selection, and it's on a more subconscious level

I do have particular physical traits I find especially appealing. That being said, I haven’t seen a country on this planet that doesn’t have beautiful women living in it. Wondrous variety.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What we traditionally view as mixed race (two contrasting sets of parental features or skin tones) I think can turn out to be extraordinarily attractive, or sometimes quite unattractive. I think there's less middle ground of average looking, compared to the offspring of two parents with more similar characteristics.

But I agree with Lark that really, we are all one blood and one "race". I personally am attracted to the variety that differing genes can create.

Also Lark - Canada and the States have a lot of contrast in appearance within and between regions, I think due to the amount of intermarriage between different groups who settled there from different areas of the world. I find it interesting that in the UK and even European countries, there is a much more distinct look (not just skin and eye and hair combos) among each country than there is between a lot of us who descended from people from a mix of those countries. We're more all over the place.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find all races to be equally beautiful honestly. Some people do have a preference for a certain race (sort of like how one might be attracted to green eyes), but I think there are amazingly good looking people of every racial background.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, that's pretty much a huge reason why ethnically ambiguous people / those of a mixed "racial" heritage are in demand and successful in the entertainment industry. If I had a child with someone of another ethnic background, a.k.a. a non-European person, I could get the child into a successful career early on. It wouldn't be hard. All kids are cute of course, but biracial kids usually get a second glance, because it's not something you see everyday, and the marketability is undeniable. (And please guys, don't come after me about being a "stage mom"; I'd support whatever my child's dreams were - but I'd strongly encourage them in the arts & entertainment.)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To be honest there's only one race, the human race, although I think I know what's meant.

To which I'd have to say what sort of mixed race idea is meant as I think even if you take for example, say, the Scottish, they are a mix of a lot of different and diverse tribes or ethnicities within the british isles and even the french (the trade routes used to be horizontal comprising parts of the European mainland more than vertically within the UK/scotland, england and wales).

I saw a news story about the northern league in Italy and the way the right wing populists from there had evolved and they had some guys on talking the alt right talk about the UK and the threat of political islam, it was curious given that most of the same factions within the UK want as little to do with Italy as they do Islam, the interviewer on the scene was saying that he thought this was about keeping the UK and Europe "white", which they did not disagree with.

I just thought, hmm, that's weird, I've never really thought of the Italians as particularly "white", the same goes for most of the US that have ideas about "white supremacy", they dont always strike me as that particularly "white", not compared to here, I also dont think here is that "white" compared to parts of Scotland either.

A lot of white Americans have African and Native ancestry.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally, I think Iranian women tend to be among the most beautiful.

Polynesians too.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Personally, I think Iranian women tend to be among the most beautiful.

Polynesians too.

I agree. Persians are very attractive. I think Lebanese women (and men) are amazing looking, they don't look like anyone else on earth.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Chances are...

Two good looking people of a different race will have a good looking mixed-raced kid.
Two ugly people of a difference race will have an ugly mixed raced kid.

Yeah, that's pretty much a huge reason why ethnically ambiguous people / those of a mixed "racial" heritage are in demand and successful in the entertainment industry.
The reason ethnically ambiguous people are in demand in the entertainment industry (especially in commercials) is because the executives believe they have a wide audience appeal that crosses racial boundaries.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The reason ethnically ambiguous people are in demand in the entertainment industry (especially in commercials) is because the executives believe they have a wide audience appeal that crosses racial boundaries.

That too.