• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an INFP, INFJ, INTJ??

isabelleizzy

Hi! if anyone can give this a brief overview and vote I’d be truly grateful! :) I simply can’t see myself properly.

My own confusion: On the inside I’m imaginative, concept-focused and creative but on the outside I’m reserved. I occupy a separate romanticised inner world however I can’t explain it on the outside, so I actually appear polite, nice (as in socially accommodating) sensible and reserved. I’m not known for being artistic or emotional, but neither argumentative or logically harsh. I’m very emotionally self-controlled. I don’t ‘leak’ my emotions out. I’m independent, in the sense that I don’t let people choose things for me. I’m stimulated by my own thoughts and feelings, and find it hard to ask for help. I consistently follow my own agenda. I’m low-key stubborn (I never feel the need to voice my plans). I’m very future-focused, and I perk up when others talk about their passions and their future plans. I’m not overly detail-orientated about my own future, I just always need a purpose for the present activities and how it will benefit my overall goals (creative fulfilment). I feel drained in concrete-heavy conversations because the concrete world feels harsh and I think ‘great, but I don’t really care.. will this conversation link to an idea?’, but I will never voice it because I’m aware everyone has a different communication style. I’m fuelled by the balance of thoughts and emotion. I become physically and emotionally withdrawn with the world if I don’t feel I’m where I should be or don’t know how to align my present with my future goals. I only feel comfortable with conflict in my inner-domestic circle, and can be argumentative. But with people less close to me, even friends, I’m very careful to avoid conflict. I appear to them as reserved, polite, nice but also very easygoing.. on the inside I’m not, but no one suspects that. The less connected I feel towards a group/person the more likely I won’t engage in conflict, for as long as possible, because I don’t see the point. Also because I find it hard to come back from conflict- I tend to hold a grudge if what they did was purposely done, cruel, narcissistic (even if the behaviour/words was subtly done) and it will permanently taint the way I see a person. Otherwise, I appear very calm. I don’t wear my heart on my sleeve. I wait until i’m on my own to express or experience my thoughts that feel stimulating to me through solo creativity, or music or characters/ideas I find interesting. It something I have to do to feel myself, to collect my own character together, to inform me about what I should be doing for my happiness, for how it affects the thoughts/emotional clash in my mind, to help me build the future I want by what I’m internally inspired by. I’m formal in the way I talk to others. I feel most comfortable and ‘restored’ being by myself.

Words others have used to describe me: reserved, calm, polite and nice/kind (these words are often used), sleek, classy, loyal (particularly to my family), sensible, academic (in a literary, English-literature sense), reticent, introspective, private, observational, lacking confidence, thoughtful, patient, uptight, keep myself to myself, understanding and fair, obsessive (with few things), self-conscious, cautious, and a tortoise🐢 (um yes.. like slow, steady, but achieves what I desire in the end ).

in stress: tend to ‘clam’ even more than usual, isolate, indulge myself with food/YouTube (my brother said he can tell if I’m down if I eat more), inactive, procrastinate, can disappear and appear suddenly with friends who tell me it’s like I’m dead (I reduce contact with my friends when stressed but I feel like I don’t have the energy to focus on their lives when I feel like my abstract plans are going to go wrong and I will end up living the wrong life… so I feel the need to be by myself until I can be my ‘observer, calm’ self around others and deal with their energies), fixate on the problem but can’t seem to solve it, yet I will get particularly irritable when someone gives me their advice, even when my issues remains unresolved, because I know they’re trying to help but I feel like they don’t understand the problem as deeply as I do, and become even more stubborn when they assume the wrong things about me

Anyone who votes thank you! One-word answers are fine. It will be amazing to have some general consensus ☺️☀️

KitchenFly

I only read it once very slowly repeating sentences. You seem to be quite honest about describing your experience its complexities seem to relayered though your narrative description. I sensed different layers like the trinary between your point of stress and point of freedom. Ok so my impression is Self-preservation/ Social (SP),. SP/So INFJ 9w8

I maybe wrong I will reread maybe later I thought someone like a student was drafting a typology from two systems and layering it with different tiers of complexity. So my impression is your a good person feeling the flux and responsible. Reading it reminds me of my 19-26 age time line.

isabelleizzy

I only read it once very slowly repeating sentences. You seem to be quite honest about describing your experience its complexities seem to relayered though your narrative description. I sensed different layers like the trinary between your point of stress and point of freedom. Ok so my impression is Self-preservation/ Social (SP),. SP/So INFJ 9w8

I maybe wrong I will reread maybe later I thought someone like a student was drafting a typology from two systems and layering it with different tiers of complexity. So my impression is your a good person feeling the flux and responsible. Reading it reminds me of my 19-26 age time line.

Thank you for your suggestion, and sorry it’s long. I’m 21 so I’m definitely in that age bracket. I thought if I cut something out it would be hard to discern my character, so I thought as long as I’m anonymous I can also be honest. It’s definitely between INFJ/INTJ. Someone even suggested INTJ 4w5 or INFJ.

KitchenFly

I guess it will boil down to are you vales orientated (F) or logic orientated (T).

Are you more orientated by thinking your head? Or more orientated by your instincts Gut? What feel more comfortable what feels more realistic to you Head or Gut?

Thinking or observation?

I am a INFP I like observation first and thinking if needs be otherwise I rely on understandings established. I think but only about what I need to or want to understand. Thinking was not my natural go to way of focusing my direct cognition.

Last edited:

isabelleizzy

I guess it will boil down to are you vales orientated (F) or logic orientated (T).

Are you more orientated by thinking your head? Or more orientated by your instincts Gut? What feel more comfortable what feels more realistic to you Head or Gut?

Thinking or observation?

I am a INFP I like observation first and thinking if needs be otherwise I rely on understandings established. I think but only about what I need to or want to understand. Thinking was not my natural go to way of focusing my direct cognition.

I think I may orientate around reasoning in my external environment and keep feelings to myself .. it may explain why I’ve thought I was an INFP all this time, because I resonated with fi, but INTJ makes most sense. Would an INTJ 4w5 fit my profile I’ve presented as much as INFJ 9w8?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I sense lots of Fe and lack of Fi, from the description I simply do not see anything that points out to either personal feelings or values (Fi), so I'm going with INFJ. I suspect that your enneagram is either sp/so 4w5 or 5w4.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You aren't an INTJ. INTP and INFJ are both possible with INTP being more likely.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You show the FiNeSiTeFeNiSeTi function order in your post.

You are FiNe.