• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2017 Oscar Nomination Discussion

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Twitter-trolling Trump.... this will end well.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION]

My stream just got its shit together. I have missed Viola getting her Oscar. I am filled with pho and hope that La La Land gets nothing tonight.

Also, we now live in a world in which Suicide Squad is an Academy Award Winning film, so you know there's that.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7]Totenkindly[/MENTION] [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION]

My stream just got its shit together. I have missed Viola getting her Oscar. I am filled with pho and hope that La La Land gets nothing tonight.

Oh Rexxxx...... shitty timing! :rotfl: [they just announced cinematography]

Also, we now live in a world in which Suicide Squad is an Academy Award Winning film, so you know there's that.

So much for 2017. Wake me up in 2018.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did I miss anything by not seeing Lion? That baby is very cute.

I'm gonna see Hacksaw Ridge, but I think it's going to make me cry ugly "I love 'murrica so much" tears.

Where is [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION]??

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did I miss anything by not seeing Lion? That baby is very cute.

I'm gonna see Hacksaw Ridge, but I think it's going to make me cry ugly "I love 'murrica so much" tears.

Where is [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION]??

Like Jeff Bridges, I expect he is somewhere not wearing pants.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh Rexxxx...... shitty timing! :rotfl: [they just announced cinematography]

Dude...Ryan Gosling has been skating by on the fact that we all cried when we watched the Notebook for close to 15 years now. That movie did nothing for me, and I feel both him and Stone mailed it in (probably because they've been playing the same role [opposite each other on several occasions no less!] for ages). I thought I was being harsh until I saw Jackie, and that just reaffirmed that Stone getting the nod for Best Actress is a mess. I even tend to enjoy the "Hollywood telling stories about itself" genre. I was all in on Birdman. Boogie Nights is one of my favorite films. I can even see myself watching The Artist again. This was just...nah.

The best scene in that movie was the opening number in traffic. Stone is also wearing a really gorgeous gown.

So much for 2017. Wake me up in 2018.

Noooooo! Don't give up on 2017 yet. :(

Meanwhile, what I think of every time John Legend sings:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was glad he was in La La Land, because he can actually sing.

Yeah. I haven't seen the movie but it looks...like normal Hollywood musical but it could be amazing for all I know. He makes preforming look easy, effortless and what he is doing isn't either.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah. I haven't seen the movie but it looks...like normal Hollywood musical but it could be amazing for all I know. He makes preforming look easy, effortless and what he is doing isn't either.
I'm actually not a big fan of musicals and was tentative watching it even through the beginning scenes, but it is really heartfelt and bittersweet. Emma Stone's performance was about 50% of the film's attraction.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is it wrong for me to have hoped Matt Damon was gonna stand up and "Jason Bourne" Jimmy Kimmel right in the face?''

edit: Poor Rex. That's two for L3.

edit2: I need to watch L3 again, because i just didn't notice Stone much on my first pass. I am not sure whether it's because she made it effortless or ... what exactly. Her yellow dress is really cool though.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like Jeff Bridges, I expect he is somewhere not wearing pants.

It's Sunday. We're all doing our best.

John Legend cannot do any wrong. He's never off.

His wife is perfection to me. As is this song:

I want to be Lin Manuel Miranda's friend. He's the most adorable, talented and relentlessly positive person.

...actually maybe like a friend of friend. Like, if we bump into each other at Per Se, we can say hi, squee at each other, and then go hangout with people we're better friends with without any bad feelings.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Poor Rex. That's two for L3

I should never want things. :cry:

OMG SCARJO THAT DRESS YASS QUEEN.

God that's a beautiful woman. :wubbie:

ETA: OH WHAT THE FUCK THEY HAVE TWO IN THIS CATEGORY???

ETA 2: OH FUCK LIN MANUEL TAKE IT HOME

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
DAMMIT REX YOU JINXED EVERYTHING

they weren't winning anything until you posted. ROFL. Now it's THREE.

4803.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Jennifer Aniston might as well be wearing a high-cut one-piece and a towel.

... Bill Paxton just got a call-out.