• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

-

maygaw022

MBTI Type
INFP
Just in my opinion, I think the MBTI officials who make those descriptions need to realise that no one is gonna fit those descriptions 100%, my issue and concern with those online descriptions is how they can affect a person negatively when the descriptions of their personality type feels very unappealing and somewhat unfitting or negative, not only that, it creates this false narative about the types which massively influences the perception of the personality type by the community it'self, so thus more and more stereotyping and circle-jerking occurs, I dont think ignoring it will magicaly solve it, It's like an Ostrich putting It's head into the sand because it thinks it will help it to hide from danger; newsflash it wont, as it wont change the tbias that occurs in the typology sphere around the personality archetypes and eventualy bullying that would occur from the result, such as being called dumb because I am an INFP and my opinion does not matter because Fi cannot think.
I hope you've read my messages, I've told you something so that you can look at this type of personality more broadly than simple descriptions. I hope I could help you?

maygaw022

MBTI Type
INFP
Just in my opinion, I think the MBTI officials who make those descriptions need to realise that no one is gonna fit those descriptions 100%, my issue and concern with those online descriptions is how they can affect a person negatively when the descriptions of their personality type feels very unappealing and somewhat unfitting or negative, not only that, it creates this false narative about the types which massively influences the perception of the personality type by the community it'self, so thus more and more stereotyping and circle-jerking occurs, I dont think ignoring it will magicaly solve it, It's like an Ostrich putting It's head into the sand because it thinks it will help it to hide from danger; newsflash it wont, as it wont change the tbias that occurs in the typology sphere around the personality archetypes and eventualy bullying that would occur from the result, such as being called dumb because I am an INFP and my opinion does not matter because Fi cannot think.
if they call you stupid because you are an infp, then know that a person in this position is not so smart himself if he evaluates intelligence only according to these criteria. 🤣

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Describe your strong use of Fi, though.
His Fi comes from the fact that he is highly focused on his personal identity.

Then he focuses highly on stereotypes (Si I believe) and idealises Te traits,
Such as saying that NiTe is a superior type because it has high Te, instead of being superior because it has high Ni.

FiNe is one of the better types that one can be. Just ditch the stereotypes.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
he is highly focused on his personal identity.

Why that has to be Fi specific? I'm pretty sure everyone is focused on their own identity as long as you are living breathing human, and unless you are a robot or some alien/Eldrich creature that works in ways that are beyond human comprehension. It's kinda dumb to assume that other Non-Fi users dont have identity because Introverted Feeling = Identity, It's an extremely simplistic and both false description of the Introverted Feeling.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Te traits

And not only Te. Ni is seen as idealistic, imaginative/creative, draws meaning, sees the long-range future, while Fi is like a downgraded or watered down version of Ni (Tries to adopt the creative and meaning of Ni but ends up being very fabricated and self-absorbed, which in turn makes it dull and meaningless). Ti is also great because having the capacity to cultivate personal logic and thus gathering objective understanding and observations of the world is very usefull, Fe is also great because It's socialy active and literaly united many tribes together and built communities for many people, Ne and Se are great functions (Especialy when they are Dom) because they help you see the world in a very objective way and be present, assertive or openly consider many perspective that will help you navigate the world.

Tell me what uses does Introverted Feeling have? Is it good only with building some Identity? It has not practical use aside from being self-absorbed, or self-focused or something, you know as if it is not possible for every human being regardless of being an Introverted Feeling dominant or not.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
And not only Te. Ni is seen as idealistic, imaginative/creative, draws meaning, sees the long-range future, while Fi is like a downgraded or watered down version of Ni (Tries to adopt the creative and meaning of Ni but ends up being very fabricated and self-absorbed, which in turn makes it dull and meaningless). Ti is also great because having the capacity to cultivate personal logic and thus gathering objective understanding and observations of the world is very usefull, Fe is also great because It's socialy active and literaly united many tribes together and built communities for many people, Ne and Se are great functions (Especialy when they are Dom) because they help you see the world in a very objective way and be present, assertive or openly consider many perspective that will help you navigate the world.

Tell me what uses does Introverted Feeling have? Is it good only with building some Identity? It has not practical use aside from being self-absorbed, or self-focused or something, you know as if it is not possible for every human being regardless of being an Introverted Feeling dominant or not.
Emotional intelligence is a very useful thing. It's not worse than the other functions.

Plus, association with morality.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Surely you KNOW that Fi is just as good as the other functions, right?

Like, you don't know the reasons for it, but you don't ACTUALLY think it's inferior, do you?

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Surely you KNOW that Fi is just as good as the other functions, right?

Like, you don't know the reasons for it, but you don't ACTUALLY think it's inferior, do you?
He does, this is his point for years already.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Emotional intelligence is a very useful thing. It's not worse than the other functions.

Plus, association with morality.

I dont think I am a person with such great Emotional Intelligence, I always have been kind of an overreactive hot-headed person, not really emotionaly intelligent.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I dont think I am a person with such great Emotional Intelligence, I always have been kind of an overreactive hot-headed person, not really emotionaly intelligent.

Well, emotional intelligence is the strength of Fi.

"Hot-headedness" can be emotionally intelligent. It depends on the situation. Just realise, that being emotional is not a bad thing. It can be a very good thing.

However, I question your motives. The way you do it is probably wrong. Not to single you out, a lot of people do it wrong. But look at this thread. You're showing signs that you greatly don't understand things if you think that Fi is inferior. Just ditch the fucking stereotypes!

FiNe is my favourite type, and you're making it out like it's the worst type to be. It's not the best either, but it's one of the best.

One thing to realise is that the types that are superior tend to have a hard time getting ahead in this world. It's often the inferior types that do best. Te primaries do the best in particular and they're on the lower end of the spectrum. Fi primaries do poorly but they're on the higher end of the spectrum.

You're judging by what the world says and not what's true absolutely. In absolute terms, FiNe is a superior type. NiFe is more superior, and so is NiTe, but FiNe is one of the best.

The problem is that you're too much of a hateful individual to see it. You need something to hate, and you have decided to hate your own type. I doubt that you hate yourself. I'm sure your self esteem is great. But you hate the type you are, to an irrational degree. Your type is fine, the problem is YOU. The problem is that you have decided to have all of these cognitive biases and to hate that which isn't detestable. To hate that which you, and so many others are, based on stereotypes that you should have thrown out a long time ago.

Well, I for one, see you as a fool.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
His Fi comes from the fact that he is highly focused on his personal identity.

Then he focuses highly on stereotypes (Si I believe) and idealises Te traits,
Such as saying that NiTe is a superior type because it has high Te, instead of being superior because it has high Ni.

FiNe is one of the better types that one can be. Just ditch the stereotypes.
My son is probably FiNe and I would not change a thing about his personality

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"Hot-headedness" can be emotionally intelligent.

Not really, this sometimes led me to anger issues; Breaking my own stuff out of frustration, getting into fight/arguments with my father, being an overall rager that led to self-destructive behaviour, this is the opposite of emotional intelligence, I had trouble controling my emotions and actualy applying them on the correct situations, they tend to come and go but when I need them they are just not there to support me in a situation, it feels like I am not in control or in charge of myself, hence why I am so overreactive and hot-headed to an uncharacteristic degree.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Not really, this sometimes led me to anger issues; Breaking my own stuff out of frustration, getting into fight/arguments with my father, being an overall rager, this is the opposite of emotional intelligence, I had trouble controling my emotions and actualy applying them on the correct situations, they sometimes come but when I need them they are just not there to support me in a situation.
That's not unemotionally intelligent.

I used to break stuff, and I would get into arguments with my parents, but it was always very emotionally intelligent.

I hate the new idea that anger is a bad thing. Anger can be a very good thing. It's just about whether or not you're in the right.

If you're in the right in the situation, by all means, GET ANGRY.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Fi cuts past bullshit pointless social conventions (many of which are born of Fe tribalism). Fi is a necessary catalyst for compassionate change and can be a trend setting tool. Every so often a Fi user comes along in any given field or sphere of society and leads people to question if the way things have been done and the popular consensus isn’t worth reconsideration

junathan

Wait so are you still contemplating on whether you're Fi, or have you settled on ISTP?

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Art is the meaning of life

Most places and descriptions though make ISFP's look like the type of people to non-stop consume art for the sake of it, like making and consuming art is their entire freakin' personality, similar like to Squidward from Spongebob. Not something that I particualry find attractive, just looks extremely fruitless and comical.

Last edited: