• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I want no bias here...

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No forward thinking. All Ti/Se in the moment stuff. It was nothing for him to drive back and forth many times due to lack of planning.

I can plan very well. So I think I use Te but maybe more as it serves Fe.....I think Ti is in there somehow....hence the analytical side of myself.

:doh: my planning skills can be that bad. Roll the windows down, crank up the radio and I really don't see how it's a waste. I do that when I am bored and just have to get out and about from being couped up in the house or at work to long.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:doh: my planning skills can be that bad. Roll the windows down, crank up the radio and I really don't see how it's a waste. I do that when I am bored and just have to get out and about from being couped up in the house or at work to long.

Ha. Yes. If there is no rush, there is no rush. If I need to be expedient ok. But sometimes I am not so in tuned with expediency. Or I notice it but don't care.

Last edited:

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then you sound like Je.

It isn't Ni though. Ni is hazy, dazy, happy with just the truth, no matter how convoluted or inefficient it might be. Efficiency and organization are hallmarks of Te.

So I like this because I view Ni in a positive way. But I don't think of it as efficient/not efficient. I see Ni as a conglomerate of words unsaid. Words that can't be said but feel/read as true or profound. It is more an epiphany of feeling or truth to me.

Often it is simplistic when I try to verbalize. But I generally don't try to verbalize. I like Ni to be my secret. The way it expresses itself is in me. Not something I care to share. Even if I could it wouldn't translate well. It won't be received the way I view it.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Ti/Se drives one to live in the moment I think. Like Fi/Se would as well.

Yeah but I wasn't questioning that. I was saying that this is why he doesn't plan ahead much. Not that I do either, not too much, just what I find necessary.

Sure I can immerse in sensory experiences like that but if I'm set on some goal I don't care about that as much. I will still be aware of the surroundings but I become more singularly focused and driven.

Ha. Yes. If there is no rush, there is no rush. If I need to be expedient ok. But sometimes I am not so in tuned with expediency. Or I notice it but don't care. That is a good thing tho. It's a different mode.

So you ISTPs are real relaxed folks who just like to amble around, ok. I don't relate to that. I can sometimes be in this mode but it wouldn't be enough to just have this.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
So I like this because I view Ni in a positive way. But I don't think of it as efficient/not efficient. I see Ni as a conglomerate of words unsaid. Words that can't be said but feel/read as true or profound. It is more an epiphany of feeling or truth to me.

Often it is simplistic when I try to verbalize. But I generally don't try to verbalize. I like Ni to be my secret. The way it expresses itself is in me. Not something I care to share. Even if I could it wouldn't translate well. It won't be received the way I view it.

I wasn't trying to relate Ni to efficiency. I was relating it to ability to see ahead. So from that, planning skills will come just as [MENTION=6336]AphroditeGoneAwry[/MENTION] herself said.

The Ni stuff is nice, yes. To me it's not really about feelings, it's more detached. But anyway, I like to try and verbalize as well and share with others. Why not. I like to do that especially when I think I put it into words in a real eloquent way. That's my own perception sure but other people found it interesting too :)

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah but I wasn't questioning that. I was saying that this is why he doesn't plan ahead much. Not that I do either, not too much, just what I find necessary.

Sure I can immerse in sensory experiences like that but if I'm set on some goal I don't care about that as much. I will still be aware of the surroundings but I become more singularly focused and driven.

So you ISTPs are real relaxed folks who just like to amble around, ok. I don't relate to that. I can sometimes be in this mode but it wouldn't be enough to just have this.

It's a we don't really care. Life is to short to get all stressed or irritated or anything at goals. Make the journey fun and when you die you die happy.

If I feel like it I may drive like a bat outta hell to home Depot for fun...so we don't move slow. We just don't care about the goal that much. It's all about the journey.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's a we don't really care. Life is to short to get all stressed or irritated or anything at goals. Make the journey fun and when you die you die happy.

If I feel like it I may drive like a bat outta hell to home Depot for fun...so we don't move slow. We just don't care about the goal that much. It's all about the journey.

I so don't relate to that......

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ

Now this sounds like Enneagram 9 mixed in it.

Though I won't debate that the E9 presents through MBTI functions.

I so don't relate to that......

Haha, I'm with you on this one for whatever reason.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
[MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION]

I'm currently thinking this is the best theory: ISTP with Ni. That's basically the summary you gave on me being like an S version of INTJ...

Here's something on tertiary Ni from funkymbtifiction.tumblr.com:

"Tertiary Ni (ISXP): I love the silence. It allows me to think about my future, and what I want to accomplish. I like to come up with new ways of doing or seeing things. Don’t tell anyone, but I like symbolism, archetypes, and mysteries. I find them interesting. I sometimes feel like I know what is going to happen, before it happens… and I’m usually right. I don’t know how I knew that about you; I just did. I can visualize a goal, and won’t stop until I turn it into a reality. I trust my insights more in my creativity than in life, but am learning to use my random moments of foreknowledge to create long-term goals."

See the last part? That's where I think my goal oriented stuff comes from.

Have you known any ISTPs who went far enough in tertiary Ni? Does that look anything like me?

Also when you said toned down ISTJ, what did you mean by that? Can you elaborate on it please.

And one last thing:

Poki said:
I doesn't take much thorough detailed analysis. It doesn't take much at all for me to see how things work and relevance. I have been doing it my whole life. It's second nature and why I am in the position I am in as technical leader at work.
That part applies to complex topics with a lot of stuff. How about the rest of the statement?

Also, what I described leads me to the ability to see how to manipulate the situation or a system in a way that other people don't seem to be able to do it. Including those Te-doms with their sucky trial and error approach haha

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Have you known any ISTPs who went far enough in tertiary Ni? Does that look anything like me?

I know this was directed at poki but I do know an ISTP that went into Ni like you describe and it looked bad. At least, for him. Very paranoid tendencies. Conspiracy theory type stuff. He wasn't mentally ill or anything but just out there.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Tertiary Ni (ISXP): I love the silence. It allows me to think about my future, and what I want to accomplish. I like to come up with new ways of doing or seeing things. Don’t tell anyone, but I like symbolism, archetypes, and mysteries. I find them interesting. I sometimes feel like I know what is going to happen, before it happens… and I’m usually right. I don’t know how I knew that about you; I just did. I can visualize a goal, and won’t stop until I turn it into a reality. I trust my insights more in my creativity than in life, but am learning to use my random moments of foreknowledge to create long-term goals."

The bolded I relate to very much.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I know this was directed at poki but I do know an ISTP that went into Ni like you describe and it looked bad. At least, for him. Very paranoid tendencies. Conspiracy theory type stuff. He wasn't mentally ill or anything but just out there.

It's ok, anyone can answer lol

I don't relate to that as I reject conspiracy theories by default going by a few simple general principles. I'd have to go real mad crazy to forget how I used to think about things and change my approach that much.

Have you seen my post #186? Not intending to nag, I only ask because I cannot be sure if it was missed accidentally or you just didn't have time yet to say anything on it.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ

The bolded I relate to very much.

That's interesting. Do you not relate to the rest then?

I relate to:

- I love the silence. It allows me to think about my future, and what I want to accomplish
- Don’t tell anyone, but I like symbolism (...) and mysteries
- I can visualize a goal, and won’t stop until I turn it into a reality.
- I trust my insights more in my creativity than in life, but am learning to use my random moments of foreknowledge to create long-term goals

The second half of the last one is what's the newest development to my Ni, it seems. It's really cool, though I don't always trust it.

The most I relate to in that list is the 3rd one, btw :)

I somewhat relate to what you bolded but I don't really trust that part. Also, new ways of ... I mostly relate to new ways of seeing things and it's only subtle perspective shifts most of the time. Though sometimes it's a more profound shift of my view onto a new level. ...I realize I mentioned that before when I described my Ti so maybe that was a Ni part in it :) ...that's when it may result in a new way of doing something, as well.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

This is what I get like as well. I have to double check with my environment to check myself and stop reading into things so much.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. Ni is interesting to me right now. I'm 35 and I realize I am utilizing this in a different way.

When I was younger, I would sometimes be physically ill when I had a sense of foreboding about something. It was really strong. I remember once, I was in the car going to a water park with my family. I told them. "I don't feel good." When they asked me why, I said, "Something bad is going to happen." At the park one of us dove into a pool, and hit their face on the bottom, chipping their tooth. Not the end of the world but still, I was correct. I have so many stories like this. Or even a sense of certainty. Pulling a correct answer out of my ass, that surprised even me. "How the hell did I know to do that?" Then I have to reverse engineer myself. LOL

I have had the paranoid tendencies but being CP6, I'm extra sensitive to that line of thinking because it automatically comes a little naturally for that etype and it is not a good place to be.

I still don't get the goals thing. Maybe that is semantics or maybe I'm just not that ambitious. IDK. long term goals are not something I connect with.

I'll get back to your other post later. I don't have time now to answer that one.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
This is what I get like as well. I have to double check with my environment to check myself and stop reading into things so much.

Interesting. I just need to logically reason against it.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't know. Ni is interesting to me right now. I'm 35 and I realize I am utilizing this in a different way.

When I was younger, I would sometimes be physically ill when I had a sense of foreboding about something. It was really strong. I remember once, I was in the car going to a water park with my family. I told them. "I don't feel good." When they asked me why, I said, "Something bad is going to happen." At the park one of us dove into a pool, and hit their face on the bottom, chipping their tooth. Not the end of the world but still, I was correct. I have so many stories like this. Or even a sense of certainty. Pulling a correct answer out of my ass, that surprised even me. "How the hell did I know to do that?" Then I have to reverse engineer myself. LOL

I have had the paranoid tendencies but being CP6, I'm extra sensitive to that line of thinking because it automatically comes a little naturally for that etype and it is not a good place to be.

I still don't get the goals thing. Maybe that is semantics or maybe I'm just not that ambitious. IDK. long term goals are not something I connect with.

I'll get back to your other post later. I don't have time now to answer that one.

I'm younger than you. Never had this sort of stuff happen to me but I'm gonna bet it was coincidence for you.

As for pulling correct answers out of nowhere - I trust that more than you do, I have a felt sense of "yes I know this" and I know very well when to trust that. I'm always able to flesh out the steps to get there.

The goals thing is meant in a Ni way of looking forward and seeing goals. Ask any strong Ni type and they'll explain to you how it's related to Ni better than I can. But I recognize it in myself for sure.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm younger than you. Never had this sort of stuff happen to me but I'm gonna bet it was coincidence for you.

As for pulling correct answers out of nowhere - I trust that more than you do, I have a felt sense of "yes I know this" and I know very well when to trust that. I'm always able to flesh out the steps to get there.

The goals thing is meant in a Ni way of looking forward and seeing goals. Ask any strong Ni type and they'll explain to you how it's related to Ni better than I can. But I recognize it in myself for sure.

Oh. Don't get me wrong. I trust it very much. I'm confident with it. I just find it cool like in a "wow, that was awesome" sense but it is more of a reflex mechanism than something that I actively thought/think about.

EDIT: It could have been coincidence. Sure but that did nothing to make me distrust that sense when I got it and listening to it has kept me out of a few scrapes. Whether that is Ni or just an intuition of another matter, could be. But it has the same sense of certainty behind it.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Oh. Don't get me wrong. I trust it very much. I'm confident with it. I just find it cool like in a "wow, that was awesome" sense but it is more of a reflex mechanism than something that I actively thought/think about.

I find it pretty natural, tbh

EDIT: It could have been coincidence. Sure but that did nothing to make me distrust that sense when I got it and listening to it has kept me out of a few scrapes. Whether that is Ni or just an intuition of another matter, could be. But it has the same sense of certainty behind it.

Yes, that one was definitely coincidence, the example you gave.

In other cases it may have been real depending on what situation it was, but in that example it was your own mind fooling you. Simply having a sense of certainty does not mean it's a true intuition and not just your mind thinking erroneously.

existence

MBTI Type
ISTJ
MDP2525, Poki as ISTPs, do you find your Ti works like this:

"They are inclined to hold a form of pragmatic, logical relativism, thinking that in some cases this might be true, but in other scenarios, a largely different position may be equally as valid. They may be inclined on occasion to detract any process away from a set order to a steady tinkering with different influences and available methodologies, finding ways that feel right to the occasion and adapting to changes, rather than resisting them" ?