User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

yes, very rational like the intj but less morbid.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Oh! Forgot to reply to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaptorWizard View Post
    Ah yes, a challenge!

Some of that stuff I just said for the sake of being a dick, and it was good fun too.

Also, although I believe in the existence of functions, I have found that if we start obsessing over them too much, we begin to lose touch with the overall personality of a type.

Functions or not, it just seems to me a general pattern what I wrote in the other post.

Still, I'm sure there are plenty of very smart and high leveled Te doms, as well as some very stupid and low leveled Ti doms, and perhaps not all Te seconds are just in the middle.

To be frank though, I really don't know what I'm talking about. I just like to attack things for the thrill of it.

Feel free to provide counter-arguments in your defence.
    One thing that I will concede is that IxTx types are more patient and more willing to spend time looking through the necessary data before acting. ExTx types are more likely to get bored with that and just want to get started, already! (Especially ESTx.)

However -- and maybe this is a cop-out argument -- I think that which types are the most "rational" would depend on which definition of "rational" you're using. If you're thinking of rationality as pure reason/logic, separate from, and transcending, the concrete/worldly, then I'd say xNTPs are the most rational. But if being rational means being sensible or reasonable, then xSTx definitely win out. After all, the reason why ESTJs are always the supervisors or bosses is that they can quickly and easily make decisions, when faced with any number of options, and they can do so without any of those decisions being arbitrary. Additionally, the way that STJs experience/apply reason is pure mathematics, inherently: X equals Y, Y equals Z, therefore X equals Z. (There's a reason why STJs are stereotyped as being like number-crunching machines!)
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    xxTP

Depends what you mean by "rational".

They could be rational in everyday usage, but they are not Rationals -a NOUN NOT AN ADJECTIVE - in the sense of the MBTI temperament.

Whenever people try to conflate MBTI terminology with everyday terminology, it leads to misunderstanding.

A_priori

Great question, yes absolutely in my opinion

Glycerine

My iSTJ brother seems fairly rational but on certain customs, he comes off like an emotional brat. He will complain the whole time about the fact we don't have a "real tree" so I convinced my mother to buy a real tree so we don't have to hear about it this year. He's 25 almost 26. hah!

While ISTJs are very good at thinking objectively, they're not too into abstract thinking. They're practical and sensible most of the time. They are not Rationals in terms of Keirsey temperaments but they are fairly rational.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Delta223 View Post
    This is what I figured as well.

Would you guys go as far as to say that ISTJ's fit better under the Rationale archetype than Guardian? They certainly seem that way to me.
    Nope. While they are rational people, they are NOT like NT's. I think Rational is a bad word to describe NT's because all humans are rational, just in different aspects.

Most ISTJ's I know are not real big picture thinkers like other NT's are. The S/N type is the one that is the most differentiating type letter in my opinion and ISTJ's have more in common with ISFJ's or ESTJ's in my opinion than they do with INTJ's.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Depends what you mean by "rational".

They could be rational in everyday usage, but they are not Rationals -a NOUN NOT AN ADJECTIVE - in the sense of the MBTI temperament.

Whenever people try to conflate MBTI terminology with everyday terminology, it leads to misunderstanding.

Why assign labels if they admittedly don't work into the lexicon? How SJ.

I think ISTJ's to be incredibly rational people, if there were a universal measurement of such a thing.

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Why assign labels if they admittedly don't work into the lexicon?
    IDK what this means.

Isnt that Sherlock Holmes type? And wasnt Holmes a paragon of rationalism?

I think there's a lot of people on this forum dont understand Sensing as opposed to Intuiting if its considered to eschew rationalism, at least they dont understand it like Jung forumulated the idea.