User Tag List

First 2345 Last

I enjoy board games quite a bit, but not just any board game. Monopoly bores the crap out of me.

I love:

Apples To Apples
    Cranium
    Scrabble
    Balderdash
    Catchphrase
    Trivial Pursuit (or any trivia game)
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

I love board games, in fact I'd play one over a computer-based game anyday of the week. I guess I've always found the systems involved in playing a board game fascinating. One game that I've really enjoyed recently is called "Ticket to Ride", I like it because it has a good balance of luck and skill, and encourages the player to analyse their next move/s (much like chess), I'd highly recommend it.
    Good Dog Nigel

Arf, arf, he goes, a merry sight,
    Our little hairy friend,
    Arf, arf, upon the lampost bright
    Arfing round the bend.
    Nice dog! Goo boy,
    Waggie tail and beg,
    Clever Nigel, jump for joy
    Because we're putting you to sleep at three of the clock, Nigel. -John Lennon

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

If we're counting chess as a board game, then I like chess. I guess in my mind I was only thinking multi-player games.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    _NFP

I hate board games. Except for Balderdash. That's fun.

Really, I don't understand the point of board games. You roll dice, you move; your chances of winning depend greatly upon chance. I'd prefer something I have more control over. I prefer social games like Taboo.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Kanerou View Post
    Really, I don't understand the point of board games. You roll dice, you move; your chances of winning depend greatly upon chance. I'd prefer something I have more control over.
    Usually that's my issue too. The more random it is, the less it seems *I* need to be playing, anyone could fill in for me. The more strategy that can be used, the more I enjoy it.

So games like Yahtzee really piss me off. Even with the strategy of where to place points and take losses, there's too much randomnity to please me.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Usually that's my issue too. The more random it is, the less it seems *I* need to be playing, anyone could fill in for me. The more strategy that can be used, the more I enjoy it.

So games like Yahtzee really piss me off. Even with the strategy of where to place points and take losses, there's too much randomnity to please me.
    Generally I like games where there is both randomness and strategy. Most card games qualify as do strategy board games like Risk, Axis and Allies, etc....
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I am a Scrabble lover.
    I never played the game Risk but I think I'd like it- I'm due to play it sometime this summer once I get enough people interested.
    I like playing Poker- unlike Scrabble, it's fun and almost required to be a jackass in the process.

Any CandyLand fans here?
    I personally abhor the game but I hear a lot of cool cats really like Candy Land.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INTP

Connect 4 and Cluedo rock.

Sometimes its more fun to add another dimension to a board game. Recently I was playing an INTJ at Guess Who where you could not ask black and white questions. You couldn't ask "Is your person wearing a hat?" it had to be something like, "Does your person smoke drugs?" "Is your person a dog or cat person?" "Has your person ever taken it anally?"

Though it was my idea, the INTJ wiped the floor with me at this game.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

I always find myself bored or irritably impatient with board games too. Card games also, although the first few times I play/learn such a game it's great, but after that it's "been there, done that, blah"
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I like board games and I enjoy in them.

But I want to know what people here think about Risk 2210.

I think it is a great game but other people think it is too complicated. Even some N people think like this.
    On the other hand why would they want to play the game if it always ends whit my victory. I mean always as always.

I am sure that this is because others don't see all the options and there is a quite large amount ot them in all moments.

I grow up upon Real time strategy games and it looks like, that this knowledge is giving me unfair advantage in this version of risk.

What I am asking is : Is it me or INTJness?
    That board game! That game's ridiculous! It has a moon and commanders and a whole bunch of other nonsense on top of risk. I played half a game of that once because the first game of anything always takes forever. I remember I transported 2 or my 3 commanders to the moon to take it over not knowing I would need a freakin card to get them back! Way too many rules! It had promise though...

I hate to tell you guys but the best game ever is Die Siedler von Catan! Me and my friends have played 200+ games of that in the last two years and we show no signs of stopping. It's so well balanced and suits all personality types and playing styles equally. If you're diplomatic you can get people to make really good trades with you.

Heck we just got another expansion Traders and Barbarians. It's not quite as core as Seafarers and Cities & Knights but we'll see once I've gotten a chance to play more. We also have Das Buch which is a collection of innovative but ultimately flawed variants of Settlers.

We make sure to let everyone we know have a chance at the game. One of my friends got his ESFP girlfriend in on it. She won the first game but I chalk it up to beginners luck. I've won every single other game we've played against her.

For anyone curious

YouTube - Settlers of Catan

Other than that I can't stand board games. Too much competition and I have too little control over it all. I like the fact that in Settlers you have the random element of the dice and cards but you also have the strategic element of trades and building. So good!

Anyway, I especially hate one on one games. "I'm gonna screw you over!" "No, I'm gonna screw YOU over!"

I found it funny that one of the people on here into Apples 2 Apples is an INTJ! What a very unINTJ game! The more you know though right?