• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

coincidences

gocat

MBTI Type
intp
As a child in junior school my favourite teacher was called Mrs Anderson. My Ex partner and mother of my children, my only friend also has the Surname Anderson. I could never work what the chance was out of interest say compared to winning a thousand pound on the lottery. It's strange how many coincidences can occur. To explain it better i had say so many teachers who could have randomly been my favourite, so many girlfriends who could have had my children, so many friends who could have been my favourite, there are so many names in the world so what are the chances? Just interests me things like that. Another example a bit daft is the first book i was ever given was Norse Gods and Heroes which of course contains the God Thor and my surname just happens to be Thorpe. So many books randomly in the world, so many surnames, i have read so many books etc so what was the chance of it being my first book. And again what are the chances compared to winning the Grand national? If i was better at maths i could use one to determine the other and stand a better chance at roulette i would imagine?

Edit : It's just a chance im not interested in gambling or money but my hunch tells me i'm onto something here. If a coincidence occurs in your life try to get a vague approximation of the chance and try to use it to correlate for instance against a card occurring. the more you do this the better your instinct / intuition will become when playing games of chance. I'm not boasting but i once won a game of risk on the first go so i must be pretty good at this sort of thing.

I have no problem with gambling per say although i have no interest really. My problem is it can become a bit extreme. People dying losing their homes not being able to provide for their families etc. Don't see any harm in the occasional flutter though.

It's not really up to me but if it was a friend i would be trying to persuade him that money is never that important say against life.

When i am mentally ill i have some ideas which i find hard to understand when i am more well. I can't see how you can work anything out about roulette etc and i wrote it.

Last edited: