User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 69

  1. #11
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Eh? Define "older"? I mean I'm older in the scheme of average ages on this forum, but I'm certainly not even middle aged yet... I find as I get older I get mellower and gentler, and the dogmatic and sorta black/white attitude is something I associate with my teens, something I grew out of and can't imagine going back into.
    Just ignore the woman, they are just envious they dont got as awesome boys as we are. How is your wine, btw ? Mine is just delicious
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  2. #12
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Religious ? wtf , Never tell a technocrat that he is religious. We actually have divided from the church a long time ago here over the great Ocean.
    Yeah... not really religious, but I would say ENTP guys get more spiritual as they get older, just more open minded about the possibility of "something out there". Generally. Or perhaps not always more spiritual as much as less hostile towards spirituality.

    I think xNTP's do mellow with age.

    edit - was lovely thanks! am now feeling the hangover
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  3. #13
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Eh? Define "older"? I mean I'm older in the scheme of average ages on this forum, but I'm certainly not even middle aged yet... I find as I get older I get mellower and gentler, and the dogmatic and sorta black/white attitude is something I associate with my teens, something I grew out of and can't imagine going back into.
    I mean older in the sense of developing Fe which, according to Kiersey, happens around 30ish. Girls maybe are more used to pretending to have it and playing with it - using deviousness and manipulation more. But when the males get it, it's kind of head on and not eased into naturally. So maybe that's why I get the "you should" feeling more from the guys? I don't know, still developing the idea, I guess. All in all, I just get tired of a few of the 30+ males telling me what's best for me, what's right for society, etc...

  4. #14
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    I tolerate ENTP males, I like a few too. I never really dislike them.

    I don't know many ENTP women. None irl, so my opinion regarding them is limited to Jenocyde. So I fear I am biased in that regard.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  5. #15
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I mean older in the sense of developing Fe which, according to Kiersey, happens around 30ish. Girls maybe are more used to pretending to have it and playing with it - using deviousness and manipulation more. But when the males get it, it's kind of head on and not eased into naturally. So maybe that's why I get the "you should" feeling more from the guys? I don't know, still developing the idea, I guess. All in all, I just get tired of a few of the 30+ males telling me what's best for me, what's right for society, etc...
    LOL!! You know, back in my mid twenties I made a vow to never give advice unless it was asked for! I see people giving unsolicited advice and it makes me cringe cos I KNOW the person they're giving it to isn't going to listen, and is just feeling patronized and stuff, and I hate it when people do it to me.

    The way I see it, experience is really the only teacher. If someone hasn't seen something for themselves, in 99% of cases it's cos they're not ready to understand it, so pointing it out will only result in misunderstanding and them totally ignoring it or even being hostile to it and deliberately doing the opposite! You gotta leave people to make their own journeys, innit, and if they reach a point where they understand for themselves that they need a leg-up, they'll ask for one and then I'll give one, but only then... well, you know, I'll hold my hand out but if they don't take it I'm not gonna try and pressure them to. If they don't take it, I just see it as it having been a false alarm lol they thought they were ready, but they're actually not, so leave it a while
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  6. #16
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Well I ultimately suck at analyzing myself, therefore I am prolly not of much help here. What I see with me tho, the older I get the more I develop a sort of Te. If I would have come to MBTI just today at that point, I would prolly have scored entj and given me that tag.

    There isnt much room for spirituality or Fe-ness in my job and I like that, I have grown pretty into the shoes of being the one who takes responsibility and organizes a project team. I do get tho the idea about spirituality and although I respect people's belief, I cant really say that I am ever to belief into a thing not explainable by reason. That phase I got, when I was around the age of 18 and took hard drugs. But nowadays that's kinda gone, couldnt even enthuse myself atm about something that could be seen as a spiritual thing.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  7. #17
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Hmm, actually maybe it's because the ENTP girls use/mimic/mirror Fe more often than the boys, or at least earlier in life? Which is also why the girls can be seen as a bit more devious?
    I believe it's the Fe.

    Or more specifically social expectations that place pressure on women to conform to more feeling based behaviour, it's expected by everyone including our peers so we adapt and develop/use that sooner, its expected and results in us being accepted. I believe other NT women have similar experiences.

    ENTP men seem to resist that part and act out with bravado till they're older, 30ish seems about right to me. Again, I think it's out of expectations.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    entp
    Posts
    1,190

    Default

    girls are meanies and guys are good lil boys

    yeah, ive sort of seen that too.

    reason? im thinking that traditionally girls have had more restrictions growing up than guys do. so, guys go through the YEAH-BABY-IM-AWESOME phase much earlier than girls....guys in late teens, girls late twenties...and so guys get over that phase much earlier that the cute girls with pony tails knotted in blue ribbons wearing a frock

    as teens, society expects kids to change and find an identity, guys are much more prone to change (of inner rules/values/such) than gals...girls get usually get more 'control' of their lives a lil later on when they can start making their own decisions and establish that framework for themselves (because earlier, they are running on a borrowed framework of family/society)

    of course there are exceptions to every rule...and whoever said this was a rule

    wow i just puked all over this place, didnt i

  9. #19
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I don't know many ENTP women. None irl, so my opinion regarding them is limited to Jenocyde. So I fear I am biased in that regard.
    Even though no compliment was given, I'll take that as a compliment. I'm an ENTP, after all...

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Well I ultimately suck at analyzing myself, therefore I am prolly not of much help here. What I see with me tho, the older I get the more I develop a sort of Te. If I would have come to MBTI just today at that point, I would prolly have scored entj and given me that tag.

    There isnt much room for spirituality or Fe-ness in my job and I like that, I have grown pretty into the shoes of being the one who takes responsibility and organizes a project team. I do get tho the idea about spirituality and although I respect people's belief, I cant really say that I am ever to belief into a thing not explainable by reason. That phase I got, when I was around the age of 18 and took hard drugs. But nowadays that's kinda gone, couldnt even enthuse myself atm about something that could be seen as a spiritual thing.
    Hmmm, but you can be a little preachy in your posts, dontcha think? You've reprimanded me a few times for stereotyping, when to me it seems obvious that "not all Xs behave like Y" - I don't need to always clarify, it's just obvious. It may not be actual religion or spirituality, but it's the dogma.

  10. #20
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Even though no compliment was given, I'll take that as a compliment. I'm an ENTP, after all...
    You know it was a compliment.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Who wants ENTP women?
    By BlahBlahNounBlah in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 543
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 10:47 AM
  2. [NT] ENTP women's opinion of INTJ men
    By fragrance in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 02:27 PM
  3. [ENTP] entp women - dating
    By velocity in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 06-25-2010, 01:40 PM
  4. [ENTP] The oddest ENTP women ever...
    By sculpting in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO