• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Does it ever hurt your head to think?

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, at times when I'm playing chess and consciously forcing myself to think through a high number of contingencies really quickly plus, trying to dominate the other person (psychological effect), I can feel the blood pressure increase between my ears. The gears are turning and my head swelles up. If the game is really intense my face might even turn red. But in the 84-85 world chess championship match between Kasparov and Karpov I know Karpov lost a lot of weight. Indeed, there are times in a chess match where one's pulse gets as high as 160 bpm. Needless to say, it is very taxing on the nervous system when a lot is at stake (money, prestige, ego, or all of the above).

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
It's not a sensation of hurt, it's the same sensation as when you are exterting while playing sports.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
It's not a sensation of hurt, it's the same sensation as when you are exterting while playing sports.

Oddly enough, I have never experienced anywhere near the same pressure from sports as I have from a chess match. Shrug. I guess I just don't give enough of a shit about sports to feel completely taxed by having to focus so intensely on it.

sunset5678

MBTI Type
XNTJ
lol.....how about missing the idea thinking of part of an idea when it's time to
put an idea into action? that can make your head hurt! But like they say the
show must go on. (how i determined i was entj...lol because I can do somethi
ng anyways if I think there's even a grain of rice sized chance that it might wo
rk.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Oddly enough, I have never experienced anywhere near the same pressure from sports as I have from a chess match. Shrug. I guess I just don't give enough of a shit about sports to feel completely taxed by having to focus so intensely on it.

It's not easy to feel it in sports like soccer, or basketball. But cycling uphill can be really, really taxing on certain slopes :shock:

Ace_

MBTI Type
TNT
Only when I'm alone for a long period of time. Then I just want to have fun.

When I'm thinking to solve someone's problem it actually feels good.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
i miss my brain, its a real floater these days, definitely some sort of frontal lobe interference.

yes, yes it hurts to think, especially when i have to do complex mathematical calculations. and trying to be creative too, that went along with my imagination. now that is subjective since that comes and goes like growth spurts here and there but it sure feels odd.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I get a headache when I think about the idiocy of the world

This is probably somewhat in jest, but it's actually really true for me. I get on these trains of thought where I just keep thinking, "But why?" Why do we more or less only hear one perspective on history or current events, what happens to all of the other perspectives when enough time has passed, how we as a society can be so accepting of things at face value?...etc., etc. Or when any one thing is blatantly illogical and the people involved are unwilling to make changes. My head literally does hurt if I think about it too much.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
When I put my brain together with my INFP counterpart for hours on end, the conclusions we come up with sometimes burn my brain out. I can fall too far into revelation and at some point I just want to bring about an end to it.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
When I put my brain together with my INFP counterpart for hours on end, the conclusions we come up with sometimes burn my brain out. I can fall too far into revelation and at some point I just want to bring about an end to it.

Know a good way to put an end to the pain?

revolver.jpg

Ezion

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
If I work a lot of logic (programming/mathematics/complex science/etc) for more than about 3-5 hours a day, my head hurts a little. Not really that noticeable, but a slightly fatigued feeling.

Considering that 70% of my time is programming and mathematics, it's a pretty constant feeling.

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If I work a lot of logic (programming/mathematics/complex science/etc) for more than about 3-5 hours a day, my head hurts a little. Not really that noticeable, but a slightly fatigued feeling.

Considering that 70% of my time is programming and mathematics, it's a pretty constant feeling.

That is interesting, because I am the exact opposite. The more math and logical things I do, the better I feel overall.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
That is interesting, because I am the exact opposite. The more math and logical things I do, the better I feel overall.

I'm like this too. Math = Advil for me.

wastrd

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
yup, while thinking (always) i become oblivious of my surrounding and hit my head into anything and everything on my way. fucking hurts every fucking time.

Chloe

my head hurts when i think... thats why i avoid thinking at all costs.

and how does it feel? when i try to think (which is 90% failed attempt) it feels as if my head is bleading internaly :( :(

Antimony

You're fired. Lol.
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
my head hurts when i think... thats why i avoid thinking at all costs.

and how does it feel? when i try to think (which is 90% failed attempt) it feels as if my head is bleading internaly :( :(

Does it hurt your heart to feel?

Assuming hearts feel?

Last edited:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Best medicine to keep the thinking at bay :D

tempx_alkohol_sucht_g.jpg

DAZ89

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Never get headaches while debating / thinking / etc, though I occasionally get these weird 'brain shivers', or something like a sensation in the right front chunk of my brain...

.__. I might wanna get that/those checked out ...