User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Did you excel at school?

Yes, though I was never the best pupil for time keeping, homework or behavior. I got good grades but far from the best.Sort of level were in the UK i could go to most Unis except the top ones. That might change if i get my AAA this year though.

Is theory easier for intuitive types?

Yes though it wasn't untill the last 2 years of school that i actually did any theory and even then most of it was this last year and i'll be doing it all again at Uni so it was a bit of a waste of time.

Did you find yourself drifting into your own world, wanting to come up with your own theory's, not really caring about the ones being taught?

Yeah. Though for a long time I was just figuring out the theory behind what was being taugh as it was either taught badly or just memory work. Even when I did get theory i would try prove much to my maths teacher disdain. He made the class applaud me once when I came up with a new quicker and simpler way of doing a question and then came out with "right now you've had your praise do it the normal way because while not as good its the one examiners are looking for"

In your opinion what temperament are schools most geared towards? SJ, SP, NT or NF ?

SJ. The irony is that I don't think SJs actually learn anything from it.

Any other thoughts on school?

Its not - as it claims to be - about learning in the form NTs would use the word. Its about making sure that the majority of people have a way of thinking most useful to society ie I do what I told how I'm told and then I get good stuff.
    While this way of thinking is useful to SJs it useless to other types, and in my humble opinion other types are more useful to society.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Did you excel at school?
    Yes.

Probably.

Did you find yourself drifting into your own world, wanting to come up with your own theory's, not really caring about the ones being taught?
    No.

In your opinion what temperament are schools most geared towards? SJ, SP, NT or NF ?
    No idea.

It was great. Easy, few responsibilities, very little pressure.

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Oh, one thing college did is it forced me to memorize my social security number. That's come in handy.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post
    Did you excel at school?
    Yeah, I mean, I didn't get the maximum grade ever, but always in the top 2 percent or something like that.

Depends; if we're talking about some topic which requires vague theorization, such as philosophy or politics etc, then yes; however, in stricter subjects, I don't think so.

I'm too E to drift in my own world, but I definitely had my own opinion on how to do things, and if I thought an assignment or homework could be done faster than the way the teacher told us to do, I would do it my own way.

It's probably SJ, but I really had an easy time as an NT.

Studying is very boring when there's sunshine outside.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Riva

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Did you excel at school?

- Well, in some ways. I excelled at doing the absolute minimum required to pass each year. :P (So, didn't really excel. But probably would have had it been that important to me.)

Mmh, in school, I disliked the theory part most of the time, unless it concerns theory that I am actually interested in. But theory or written material that I wasn't interested in, I usually had issues with. So, theory is probably easier for J's than it is for P's. As for N/S I do not know.

Oh definatly. Especially concerning physics and mathematics. But that might also have been because I was a rebellious teenager. I never cared too much about what was being taught, as long as I had sufficient grades. And when a topic does interest me, I tend to wonder and mess about with it a lot. Regardless of specifics that are being taught.

The school I've been on was actually pretty damn good concerning this fact. It allowed people to be self sufficient and independant where they could handle it. But also had good counseling for those that need a more personal approach. It was a pretty well balanced system that could cater to each and every individual quite well.

I miss it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    entp

i aced high school. uni, i got fucked because i wasn't used to hard work

depends on the theory and the interest of the NT types...the more abstract the model, the better

somewhat...i always had my own ways of remembering stuff...

public school system in north america is very good to serve to tempraments of all kinds. this is why there exist school for the gifted and programs that encourage higher learning as well as programs that encourage to those not up for the higher learning

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    this is why there exist school for the gifted and programs that encourage higher learning as well as programs that encourage to those not up for the higher learning
    The gifted/talented program saved my life. I would've eaten my own fist in boredom without it. Unfortunately, it stopped after elementary school.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Lucky you guys.

The UK equivelant to the gifted program were grammar school which were scraped last generation i think. They brought some back in england i think but in scotland theres no equivalent. Mind you we are supposed to have an amazing education system prefered to the rest of the UK.

I was still bored to hell most days of the last 13 years
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

videodrones; questions Verfremdungseffekt's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Eh?

Yeah, I wouldn't say that's the case everywhere. I certainly never had the benefit, growing up. I do understand that the school in my home town has greatly improved in the last fifteen years, though.