First 25333435363745 Last

Thread: NTs and God

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    So. What I'm thinking?

What if what the scientists discover is actually what everybody has been calling "God?" Because it is, you know. Whatever it is that makes everything run.
    I suppose if you were inclined to refer to physics and quantum mechanics as "God", you could certainly do so, but people would think you had a few bats in the belfry.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INTP

So. What I'm thinking?

What if what the scientists discover is actually what everybody has been calling "God?" Because it is, you know. Whatever it is that makes everything run.
    So, I suppose you worship kinetic and potential energy, then.
    Hands in the air, it's a robbery.

MBTI
    INFP

Nope, Jack. I'm saying that something, which is at present mysterious, but which we hope someday to know what, is fueling the Universe and everything in it. When we find out what that is We will kn9ow what simple men have been calling "God" for millenia.

You get stuck on your stereotype of what an INFP can be and is and that's why you can't understand what I'm saying. It's not about magic at all. That's a silly notion you have about all Idealist types that fogs your thinking. It's about what science maybe/maybe not will be able to prove. Just like you "scientists" aver.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTP

Nope, Jack. I'm saying that something, which is at present mysterious, but which we hope someday to know what, is fueling the Universe and everything in it. When we find out what that is We will kn9ow what simple men have been calling "God" for millenia.
    Where's your evidence of this mysterious and elusive "thing"?

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I suppose if you were inclined to refer to physics and quantum mechanics as "God", you could certainly do so, but people would think you had a few bats in the belfry.
    Hey, if there were one thing I were going to worship, it would be quantum mechanics.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Mycroft, you're missing the point. What is the origin of the laws of physics? What caused the Universe? What great force set it in motion? That is what Scientists will declare the ultimate authority if they can discover it.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Banned
    MBTI
    type

But that's exactly what I'm talking about. There is no fundamental mystery. There is that which we don't know, which is less and less every day because of science.

You get stuck on your stereotype of what an INFP can be and is and that's why you can't understand what I'm saying. It's not about magic at all. That's a silly notion you have about all Idealist types that fogs your thinking. It's about what science maybe/maybe not will be able to prove. Just like you "scientists" aver.
    Hey, this isn't about INFPs, it's about you saying consciousness is ethereal and mysterious when it's explained by rational phenomena.

MBTI
    INFP

Ack. I forget that you guys can't get your mind around something that exists outside of your conception. Same as Christians. . .

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    But that's exactly what I'm talking about. There is no fundamental mystery. There is that which we don't know, which is less and less every day because of science.

Hey, this isn't about INFPs, it's about you saying consciousness is ethereal and mysterious when it's explained by rational phenomena.
    Where is it? What does it weigh? How do you know you are using it in the same way that I am?

MBTI
    INFP

I'm not trying to win anything here. Just offering a different way to look at things besides right/wrong way.

MBTI
    INTP

Ack. I forget that you guys can't get your mind around something that exists outside of your conception. Same as Christians. . .
    Actually, Christians base their entire belief around something which is untestable. Or is that not what you were talking about?

Now I'm confused...