User Tag List

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Default The way INFJ's should be described imo

This is perhaps the most honest profile for the INFJ I have ever read. It’s a lot easier for me to see myself in this description than those other holier than thou profiles I normally get. It was also easier for me to identify myself by my flaws or short comings than by my strengths because I am very self-critical. Anyway excellent read. I’m interested to see how the other INFJs here feel about this.

http://personalityjunkie.com/07/infj-other-side/
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

WALMART

Seems universally applicable for anyone with an ego.

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

lol What do you mean?
    "Re-examine all that you have been told... dismiss that which insults your soul."_Walt Whitman

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

I found the article posted to be very helpful and applicable to myself. I had to laugh at the description of stubbornness of the INFJ:

"Ne refutations seem to bounce off undeterred INJs like plastic BB pellets launched against a solid steel wall. To many types, particularly those with Ne, this reads as closed-minded and narrow-visioned. But Extraverted Perceiving is not INFJs’ conscious forte; in fact, it’s the weakest of their four primary functions (Se). And if the firm Ni/Fe convictions of the INFJ are going to be changed or overruled, it’s typically through a sensory encounter a la their inferior Se."

I found the bolded part above to be true for myself...food for thought. I am also working on how I deal with disillusionment which can be a real kick in the gut (but I find my Ti helps deal with that).
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

MBTI
    Ni
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by statuesquechica View Post
    I found the article posted to be very helpful and applicable to myself. I had to laugh at the description of stubbornness of the INFJ:

"Ne refutations seem to bounce off undeterred INJs like plastic BB pellets launched against a solid steel wall. To many types, particularly those with Ne, this reads as closed-minded and narrow-visioned. But Extraverted Perceiving is not INFJs’ conscious forte; in fact, it’s the weakest of their four primary functions (Se). And if the firm Ni/Fe convictions of the INFJ are going to be changed or overruled, it’s typically through a sensory encounter a la their inferior Se."

I found the bolded part above to be true for myself...food for thought. I am also working on how I deal with disillusionment which can be a real kick in the gut (but I find my Ti helps deal with that).
    Yeah I agree...it's really hard for me to let go once I start trying to bring something I envisioned to fruition. It almost never works out exactly the way I want. Instead of learning from that I tend to hold on even harder the next time for fear of failing again. lol Gotta stop doing that

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

@iNtrovert: I find that my disillusionment comes from having very idealized expectations of other people or organizations I believed in, but they acted to the contrary. This is the hardest for me because I feel betrayed at my core and start to question my perceptions of these people or groups. I start this loop of introspection and despair until I focus on my Ti to kick me out of that space. But then being the eternal optimist (e9) also helps me deal with disillusionment because I can genuinely see the good in other people and I am always surprised by the kindness I see in other people.

It can be a real rollercoaster at times...
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell