User Tag List

First 172526272829 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i agree with everything you've said.

overall, i also think the process of Ne-Ni thinking is like a complete thought cycle. the gravity to Ni and the expansiveness of Ne. Ni imagines a center that holds everything together where none exists. Ne is like a rhizome, it spouts off in every direction, exploring new possibilities. Ne types can keep like 10 or 15 threads open at a time, so they are prepared for so many potential meanings when i am being vague and ambiguous, that they can still move along with me without getting lost. or pick up where i get lost or lose my way.

it's obviously an infj-centric position i describe, but the advantages translate to both parties so fluidly and find a perfect balance. i don't know where i am in any given moment, but goddammit, i have a general map and a compass at all times, i can sense the problem and imagine the general direction of where we need to go, but the way itself is often unclear.

MBTI
    ENTP

And I agree with everything you just said. So there we are, the ENTP/INFJ dynamic in action.... ;-)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by kevdod View Post
    Hi all, I am new to the forum but have been a student of type for the past 15 years or so. I am an ENTP and have had a number of romantic and platonic relationships with INFJ's over the years.

If I could sum up the attraction of the ENTP/INFJ, it would be this;
    INFJ's understand themselves, but don't understand the world. ENTP's understand the world, but don't understand themselves.

This yin/yang effect works because both types get utility out of the relationship: INFJ's need to better understand the world, and the ENTP's can help them with that. ENTP's need to better understand themselves, and INFJ's can help them with that.

This is then facilitated by a similar iNtuitive communication style with helps them to understand each other, and supported by a common Fe function (so they are both emotionally oriented on each other) and a common Ti function (so they don't get on each others nerves by talking at each other (i.e. extroverted thinking)).

And not too sure where this fits in, but INFJ's have a strong sense of "soul" or "universal meaning" that is absent in the ENTP. When the ENTP gets discouraged with life (the Ne-primary "beat down") the INFJ can offer up the ultimate support to the ENTP, which is an assuredness that their is actually a point (or meaning) to all of the BS of life. In return, the INFJ get's to be the sharer of this "ultimate truth" with the ENTP, which reaffirms to them their own specialness and meaning-giving in the world.

A win/win - and both INFJ's and ENTP's like that (the common Fe orientation :-) ) !
    This is the most clearly articulated and convincing argument I've seen so far in favor of INFJ-ENTP pairings.
    Welcome to the forum

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kevdod View Post
    Hi all, I am new to the forum but have been a student of type for the past 15 years or so. I am an ENTP and have had a number of romantic and platonic relationships with INFJ's over the years.

If I could sum up the attraction of the ENTP/INFJ, it would be this;
    INFJ's understand themselves, but don't understand the world. ENTP's understand the world, but don't understand themselves.

This yin/yang effect works because both types get utility out of the relationship: INFJ's need to better understand the world, and the ENTP's can help them with that. ENTP's need to better understand themselves, and INFJ's can help them with that.

This is then facilitated by a similar iNtuitive communication style with helps them to understand each other, and supported by a common Fe function (so they are both emotionally oriented on each other) and a common Ti function (so they don't get on each others nerves by talking at each other (i.e. extroverted thinking)).

And not too sure where this fits in, but INFJ's have a strong sense of "soul" or "universal meaning" that is absent in the ENTP. When the ENTP gets discouraged with life (the Ne-primary "beat down") the INFJ can offer up the ultimate support to the ENTP, which is an assuredness that their is actually a point (or meaning) to all of the BS of life. In return, the INFJ get's to be the sharer of this "ultimate truth" with the ENTP, which reaffirms to them their own specialness and meaning-giving in the world.

A win/win - and both INFJ's and ENTP's like that (the common Fe orientation :-) ) !
    Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    This is the most clearly articulated and convincing argument I've seen so far in favor of INFJ-ENTP pairings.
    Welcome to the forum
    Yeah^, seriously. That post is what I was *trying* to get at myself, but Kevdod stated an exponentially clearer/cleaner version of it.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

Thanks for the kind words Intricate Mystic and Z Buck Mcfate. This looks to be a really interesting forum with a lot of knowledgeable "types"!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx

To be quite honest, most ENTPs annoy me. No effence ENTPs, I love you all, but seriously...yeah, some of you guys can be annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    EII

ENTPs... My dad's an ENTP, at least, I think, because that's what he seems to be when he's healthy. When he's not... well... ISFP, it seems... Is that right?...

Anyway, I think ENTPs are great people... I dated an IN probably T P and he was great - though scary how much he had in common with my dysfunctional dad, though it was little things like things that they liked, kind of funny actually... anyway, I guess I'm semi-aware of the fact that I may shut out ENTPs because of their similarities to my dad and having had so many bad experiences with him including some from the INTP I dated. I wish I could give them more of a chance or something...

I guess I just need to meet some ENTPs that don't make me think of my dad.
    NaNoWriMo 2010 [[Nahe: Iveor]]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Definitely NOT an ENTP fan ( at least in terms of a mate is concerned). Main reason: lack of empathy. He was unhealthy tho. I'm not willing to teach a man how to be empathetic anymore. It doesn't work anyways.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    Definitely NOT an ENTP fan ( at least in terms of a mate is concerned). Main reason: lack of empathy. He was unhealthy tho. I'm not willing to teach a man how to be empathetic anymore. It doesn't work anyways.
    you're basing this opinion on one?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think I've known one or two ENTPs, maybe a few more, but overall I'd say not a fan in terms of romantic relationships. Too arrogant and too prone to steamrolling others' feelings...I don't see that working too well with an INFJ. Maybe a relatively resilient INFJ who doesn't taken things too personally, but that doesn't sound terribly INFJ!

I know I'm generalising big time. But I think the whole "INFJ and ENTP are the perfect match!" thing is a bit of a myth.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING