User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

When I think about you, Super, I touch myself.

No wait, I was thinking about me. Man, I'm hot.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

The ENFJs I know...I don't really know i.e. they don't talk about themselves much and they keep up a polite facade so it's difficult to penetrate them fully.

I have only known two enfjs in real life. They both were nice, but very odd for me.

One I knew a few years back just started working with me again. A few years back when I told her that I had been a single mom and worked my way though undergrad and grad school but had receieved scholarships, she said she found single moms who relied on financial aid to be irresponsible and they had stolen her funding.

I had to leave the room and didnt interact w her after that. I was at a loss for words.

So now she works with me again and with my TypeC imparted Fe knowledge I am hoping to have a better second round. Especially since we just got paired up to write a strategic company business plan for an entire division.

Today she stopped by and just kept talking about what the group was doing. I then explained my goals and objectives, and scope of responsibilities and plan for how we could write the report and types of external data and intuition I felt she could offer that would be of value.. Then she just kept talking and talking...

So in my head I stepped through the "Fe steps"

1. Nod and listen politely. Actually listen and pay attention.
    2. Practice sideways Fe eyes.
    3. Try and be soft, open and receptive. focus on her or the group's needs, not mine or specific objectives..

WHAM....Ah she wants me to do something!!! That's why she keeps talking about the group and what they are doing.

"So what can I do to help out?" I then got tasked.

Do I get a gold star????

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

All ENFJs like to talk and take charge of the conversation. The ones I know are hilarious and witty and have great stories so it's fun. I don't see any of them talking about their issues too much - they're so outward focused, typical mother-hens, the menz and the womenz.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    I have only known two enfjs in real life. They both were nice, but very odd for me.

One I knew a few years back just started working with me again. A few years back when I told her that I had been a single mom and worked my way though undergrad and grad school but had receieved scholarships, she said she found single moms who relied on financial aid to be irresponsible and they had stolen her funding.

I had to leave the room and didnt interact w her after that. I was at a loss for words.

So now she works with me again and with my TypeC imparted Fe knowledge I am hoping to have a better second round. Especially since we just got paired up to write a strategic company business plan for an entire division.

Today she stopped by and just kept talking about what the group was doing. I then explained my goals and objectives, and scope of responsibilities and plan for how we could write the report and types of external data and intuition I felt she could offer that would be of value.. Then she just kept talking and talking...

So in my head I stepped through the "Fe steps"

1. Nod and listen politely. Actually listen and pay attention.
    2. Practice sideways Fe eyes.
    3. Try and be soft, open and receptive. focus on her or the group's needs, not mine or specific objectives..

WHAM....Ah she wants me to do something!!! That's why she keeps talking about the group and what they are doing.

"So what can I do to help out?" I then got tasked.

Do I get a gold star????

Yay! Typology pays off!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by SUPER View Post
    I mean everyone talks about themselves to some extent, but with ENFJs it's a bit too much. They're fixated on themselves. First they talk about how amazingly fantastical they are, then they start going on about how lost and depressed they are.

With most other types it's a good convo about anything and everything. With ENFJs the convo is all about them. Anyone else notice this?
    Yes I do talk about myself. I find its a very successful tactic, to talk about how amazingly fantastical I am, and go on and on about it... especially when I can see too much about you and want to avoid prying, or becoming too close, or can see where the conversation may end up if I don't go on and on about myself and don't like it.

So yeah, that's pretty arrogant and self-centered, to want to control the convo like that.

It works super well.

Glycerine

@Afkan: lol, I'm like that. It's like a deflecting tactic, eh? However, for me, it's just more my ideas/ current thoughts than anything really personal.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

I'm referring to super annoying topics, like how amazing and fantastical I am. What reaction do you think an ENFJ like us would be seeking who was bragging forever about themselves?

Anyone? Anyone???
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    @Afkan: lol, I'm like that. It's like a deflecting tactic, eh? However, for me, it's just more my ideas/ current thoughts than anything really personal.
    There's that too.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    I'm referring to super annoying topics, like how amazing and fantastical I am. What reaction do you think an ENFJ like us would be seeking who was bragging forever about themselves?

Anyone? Anyone?
    i love it when people can own their shit.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post

Anyone? Anyone???
    "Get the hell away from me... I'm trying to be as annoying as possible so that you don't bother me again."