User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 272

  1. #41
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    I disagree that House always solves his cases with Ni, or that even if he did that would make him an ENTJ. I just don't see him as a dominant Te at all. The man drips of Ne dominance to me.

    That's the reason I typed Dr. Cox and House differently: Cox wont directly admit it, but he really does enjoy being the alpha-male figure and managing his underlings and telling them what to do, whereas I don't see House as really caring all that much. To me Cox just has a much stronger NTJ strategic intelligence, whereas House doesn't really care and has the NTP problem-solving interests.

    Other thoughts: I think Fe in the third place makes sense for House, given his fascination with other peoples' personal lives, although that doesn't disqualify ENTJ at all. Also, the way House controls his team and their morale is also extremely reminiscent of Keirsey's description of NTP informative communication style trying to manage people.

    But I agree, ultimately he's impossible to type, but it is apparent that he has high levels of Ne, Ni, Te, and Ti. The question is just what order. (I'd argue Ne > Ni = Ti > Te >> Fe)

    Others: Elliot seems to direct extreme amounts of energy inwards, hence the introversion. But I guess she could just be (comically) neurotic, too.

    And yes -- Molly was the psychiatrist!! She was Heather Graham's character for several episodes. She had the amazing ability to completely read people, was extremely intelligent, but was still very silly/funny and would playfully outsmart others to make her points. I've found one of my favorite subplots of hers on youtube:
    YouTube - Scrubs - My Common Enemy
    Last edited by nemo; 03-03-2008 at 08:16 PM. Reason: for some reason this was double copy/pasted?
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

  2. #42
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    I disagree that House always solves his cases with Ni, or that even if he did that would make him an ENTJ. I just don't see him as a dominant Te at all. The man drips of Ne dominance to me.
    the thing is, it seems like he never seriously entertains two possibilities at once. he'll pick one and go through the steps to test it/treat it until something drastically changes, and then he'll switch to another theory. he acts out his Ni visions through Te -- he wants it to get done as efficiently as possible.

    he feigns use of Ne, but i think that's just so he can be more sure of his Ni vision. he seems to have already thought of everything beforehand most of the time.

    i DO think he's dominant Te because he ACTS OUT what he wants to happen, and forces his way.

    he does have really really strong Ti, though...

    That's the reason I typed Dr. Cox and House differently: Cox wont directly admit it, but he really does enjoy being the alpha-male figure and managing his underlings and telling them what to do, whereas I don't see House as really caring all that much. To me Cox just has a much stronger NTJ strategic intelligence, whereas House doesn't really care and has the NTP problem-solving interests.
    i just think Cox is just a more blatant ENTJ. house is more complicated. seems like House's Ni is stronger than Cox's.

    Other thoughts: I think Fe in the third place makes sense for House, given his fascination with other peoples' personal lives, although that doesn't disqualify ENTJ at all. Also, the way House controls his team and their morale is also extremely reminiscent of Keirsey's description of NTP informative communication style trying to manage people.

    But I agree, ultimately he's impossible to type, but it is apparent that he has high levels of Ne, Ni, Te, and Ti. The question is just what order. (I'd argue Ne > Ni = Ti > Te >> Fe)
    yeah, it's definitely not obvious or incontrovertible. his focus on people does reek of Ti/Fe...

  3. #43
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    he's seems like an ENTJ. he always solves the case with Ni. always. although he's all about Ne generation of ideas among his staff. he's kind of impossible to type actually, since you see him use Ne, Ni, Te, and Ti.
    Do you even watch the show?
    Watch more closely. All of his insights come when he's talking to people.

    Whenever he tries to solve alone, he always comes back with the answer, on calm logical terms.

    Where's the Ni?
    we fukin won boys

  4. #44
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Yes, I'm going to get into this again.

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    the thing is, it seems like he never seriously entertains two possibilities at once.
    ?!?!?!?!?


    he'll pick one and go through the steps to test it/treat it
    Ne is acting. You can kill people by treating several things at once. Just because he hacks things down (which is just thinking, not particularly evident of either attitude) doesn't mean he considers only one. He only voices one at a time 'cause he's one voice.
    until something drastically changes, and then he'll switch to another theory.
    Ah, bending to the objective information.
    he acts out his Ni visions through Te -- he wants it to get done as efficiently as possible.

    he feigns use of Ne, but i think that's just so he can be more sure of his Ni vision. he seems to have already thought of everything beforehand most of the time.
    Please don't tell me you think that's exclusive to Ni. In fact knowing what SEVERAL people are going to say/do at the same time, is as good as entertaining several possibilities at once. It doesn't always have to be possibilities of the same thing.
    we fukin won boys

  5. #45
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Also, Nemo, I think Chase is INTP.
    we fukin won boys

  6. #46
    Occasional Member Evan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    4,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Yes, I'm going to get into this again.

    ?!?!?!?!?


    Ne is acting. You can kill people by treating several things at once. Just because he hacks things down (which is just thinking, not particularly evident of either attitude) doesn't mean he considers only one. He only voices one. Ah, bending to the objective information.
    Please don't tell me you think that's exclusive to Ni. In fact knowing what SEVERAL people are going to say/do at the same time, is as good as entertaining several possibilities at once. It doesn't always have to be possibilities of the same thing.
    you're probably right.

    but i don't think he's easy to type. he has traits of NTP and NTJ

  7. #47
    Senior Member nemo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Also, Nemo, I think Chase is INTP.
    Interesting -- why?

    The vague justification I had for ISTP was based mostly off what I know about the SP temperament and my general impression of him. But you seem to have good reasons/evidence for stuff like this.
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

  8. #48
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    I don't see as much of the laziness to instant adrenaline that I see in the ISTPs I know in Chase. It's kind of in the recipe of them anyway. Plan it in Ti for a long time then put it out with Se.

    He does have more of a flickering debate contingent though. Sometimes he argues with House, sometimes he just takes the command. Not like an ENTP who'll go at it with anyone as long as he wants (people like house ). Indicative, I believe of Ti with supporting Ne.

    Introverted thinking is probably his favorite.
    we fukin won boys

  9. #49
    no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    you're probably right.

    but i don't think he's easy to type. he has traits of NTP and NTJ
    So do I.

    Shit. So do you.
    we fukin won boys

  10. #50
    Senior Member wedekit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    The Golden Girls
    • Dorothy: INTJ
    • Rose: ExFJ
    • Blanche: ESFP
    • Sophia: ENTP
    I think Rose is more of an ESFP, honestly. Probably the best way I can think to support this is how she responds to a lot of people's questions very literally. While we know that ESFP's are not ignorant, we do know that they can sometimes be found to respond to "What kind of books is that?" with a very literal response of "Paperback". To me this identifies with Rose's character.

    I agree with Dorothy as an INTJ without a doubt. However, I don't know about Blanche and I think Sophia has a preference for J since she is a more reserved person. In fact she might actually be an introvert since she does do things on her own when she can. However, I currently can't decide for either of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

Similar Threads

  1. Fictional detectives & MBTI types?
    By alcea rosea in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 08:15 AM
  2. Fictional Characters for each MBTI type
    By wolfnara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-26-2015, 07:39 AM
  3. Fictional Characters MBTI Types
    By Abbey in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 11:35 PM
  4. Fictional characters that perfectly display an MBTI type.
    By Illmatic in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 07-03-2011, 03:19 AM
  5. Some fictional character's types
    By sam988 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 03:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO