• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI type based on writing?

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
I am curious to know if it is possible to guess at someone's MBTI type based on some of their writing. Is this a good idea?

I do not have the necessary knowledge or background in typology to even know how to start. Yes, I have heard it is dangerous to try to type people. But all this information is in the public domain so I feel no compunction discussing it or re-posting it. Maybe someone who is an expert would give me some clues or enjoy the challenge? Personally I find this person a jerk but maybe I am just a jerk myself? :shrug:

If anyone is interested please help me start! I am interested in typology but it is not my thing really. I signed up in order to make a reply about 9/11 but I don't have the requisite 50 posts. So instead of posting to random threads this is something relevant to personality types, right, and maybe I can learn some use of this theory? I've never gone too deeply into the MBTI system and don't really think about it in daily life.

Like I said I don't want to basically doxx someone, but they posted all this stuff in public FIRST so I am not really singling them out in any way!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Machine learning algorithms using deep neural networks with transformer architecture to perform text classification. Thats what I'm trying over the next 2 months. Will see what happens. A few people have tried to use machine learning approaches to predict mbti. More have used it for big 5.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Machine learning algorithms using deep neural networks with transformer architecture to perform text classification. Thats what I'm trying over the next 2 months.
Sounds interesting. Is that something you're going to try to use for the forum? Work or a personal project?

Not specifically any personality system really - I just don't understand this person's motivation. They claim it's a hobby but then they come on to complain about other people using that other site differently than them. There's some definite anger in there I can't place. Obviously English isn't their first language - but it is odd to make so many spelling errors if they have been a dedicated typist for over ten years. Anyhow, I can be satisfied that they have not come after me with their complaints. ;) Over several years . . .

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Sounds interesting. Is that something you're going to try to use for the forum? Work or a personal project?

Not specifically any personality system really - I just don't understand this person's motivation. They claim it's a hobby but then they come on to complain about other people using that other site differently than them. There's some definite anger in there I can't place. Obviously English isn't their first language - but it is odd to make so many spelling errors if they have been a dedicated typist for over ten years. Anyhow, I can be satisfied that they have not come after me with their complaints. ;) Over several years . . .
It's for a class for school. The class is called Natural Language Processing.

AlexSD

I am curious to know if it is possible to guess at someone's MBTI type based on some of their writing. Is this a good idea?

I do not have the necessary knowledge or background in typology to even know how to start. Yes, I have heard it is dangerous to try to type people. But all this information is in the public domain so I feel no compunction discussing it or re-posting it. Maybe someone who is an expert would give me some clues or enjoy the challenge? Personally I find this person a jerk but maybe I am just a jerk myself? :shrug:

If anyone is interested please help me start! I am interested in typology but it is not my thing really. I signed up in order to make a reply about 9/11 but I don't have the requisite 50 posts. So instead of posting to random threads this is something relevant to personality types, right, and maybe I can learn some use of this theory? I've never gone too deeply into the MBTI system and don't really think about it in daily life.

But various reviews and criticism of my idea gave me a reason to write this post on the forum. Usually I am told that I do not understand anything at all in MBTI and at the same time I process other people's personal data to build my statistical model. I even studied justification essays at https://graduateway.com/essay-examples/justification/ to understand how others dealt with such situations and justified their opinions. But now I'm not very interested in it, I want to complete my research. Perhaps someone faced a similar problem and will be able to share a solution. I would be grateful for any ideas.Like I said I don't want to basically doxx someone, but they posted all this stuff in public FIRST so I am not really singling them out in any way!

It seems to me that now it is difficult, if not impossible, to determine exactly the type of the MBTI type. But I think that before the end of this year we will see progress in machine learning that will bring us closer to this.

Several companies have already announced that they want to combine their efforts in the development of machine learning. It's scary and interesting at the same time) But I think that by the end of the year we will have strong progress in this direction.

Last edited: