User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: My Corruption

My Corruption

When I came here I was incomprehensible but over time I learnt to write like this so you could understand me. But the price has been my corruption.

My language has been corrupted on Typology Central.

It took a long time to find my own language and I am a little surprised to find it is gone.

It is gone but not forgotten, and it calls me back.

So as I go back, I will follow a personal discipline, as well as look for a conducive environment.

I find this a little scary and I am uncertain about how to proceed.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

@Mole I think you're still pretty good on the having your own language part.

I still have to take a good couple minutes to decipher what you're saying

This is cause when u write its similar to poetry...and I'm not good at understanding poetry

What makes u think its been corrupted?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    When I came here I was incomprehensible but over time I learnt to write like this so you could understand me. But the price has been my corruption.

My language has been corrupted on Typology Central.

It took a long time to find my own language and I am a little surprised to find it is gone.

It is gone but not forgotten, and it calls me back.

So as I go back, I will follow a personal discipline, as well as look for a conducive environment.

I find this a little scary and I am uncertain about how to proceed.
    Language is alive and it's evolution is inevitable when one comes in contact with another. It can be very difficult for speakers who are a minority and feel a personal connection to their language. You could start to write down differences between the language you claim and the one others speak. That way you can consciously choose to use words or word order that you feel most connected with. Isn't it amazing how personal language can be? Just think of the Mayans or the Navajo who watched their languages get sucked up by Europeans. The only thing they can do is work to preserve their language. And the first step to that is to write it down. Best of luck in saving your language! Let me know if I can help. I'd love to!
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolita View Post
    Language is alive and it's evolution is inevitable when one comes in contact with another. It can be very difficult for speakers who are a minority and feel a personal connection to their language. You could start to write down differences between the language you claim and the one others speak. That way you can consciously choose to use words or word order that you feel most connected with. Isn't it amazing how personal language can be? Just think of the Mayans or the Navajo who watched their languages get sucked up by Europeans. The only thing they can do is work to preserve their language. And the first step to that is to write it down. Best of luck in saving your language! Let me know if I can help. I'd love to!
    Well, nicolita, language can be extrinsic or intrinsic.

Extrinsic language is practical language, language for a purpose, while intrinsic language is language for its own sake.

So we speak extrinsic language, while intrinsic language speaks us.

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    We were condemned, Saudade, in the Garden of Eden to earn our living by the sweat of our brow, which means we must use language for practical purposes.

But prior to our Fall, we used language just for its own sake, just for the pleasure of speaking. And so in the Garden of Eden before the Fall, language spoke us.

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    @Mole I think you're still pretty good on the having your own language part.

I still have to take a good couple minutes to decipher what you're saying

This is cause when u write its similar to poetry...and I'm not good at understanding poetry

What makes u think its been corrupted?
    I think I have been corrupted because I now write in clichés. Of course I am aware I write in clichés, and so I write in ironic clichés.

However I am being called by the deep down freshness of things, the deep down freshness of words.

Clichés have been in too many mouths, and there are words just aching to be born.

MBTI
    CROW
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I think I have a tendency to assume, because of the kind of language that you use, that you are inviting intellectual discussion.

I think what you're actually doing, though, is something more like creative writing. So when someone starts picking it apart (as someone who believes in the cult of MBTI... the Ti users seem to do this most often) you see them as calling your artwork shitty.

I think if you used a "wetter", "warmer" style of communication, I would be less prone to doing this. (That sounds dirty somehow.)
    [Trump's] rhetoric is not an abuse of power. In the same way that it's also not against the law to do a backflip off of the roof of your house onto your concrete driveway. It's just mind-numbingly stupid and, to say the least, counterproductive. - Bush did 9-11

This is not going to go the way you think....

Visit my Johari:
    http://kevan.org/johari?name=Birddude78

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

If this is about my commenting in that other post that you arent an asshat I could reverse that decision if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    If this is about my commenting in that other post that you arent an asshat I could reverse that decision if you like.
    Don't take a step backwards, Lark.