• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] How can I use Fe instead of Fi?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Fe is like some kind of superpower sometimes when you want people to do stuff for you, but you know bossing them around isn't going to cut it. I'm still learning.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's because they've never meant anything in the first place. The functions were defined backwards based on how people with certain letter combinations behaved (SP for Se, NJ for Ni, and so on). But there's no way to know which behaviors are due to which specific functions, so everyone defines the functions differently.

Hi Zeno

I hope you do know Carl Jung preceded Myer Briggs.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi Zeno

I hope you do know Carl Jung preceded Myer Briggs.

I do, but Jung's definitions of the functions were so vague that they could be interpreted any number of ways. Just look at how Socionics defines the functions.

deleted
^ I was just thinking something about the general function orientations of Fe and Fi. Then for some reason I thought of facial expressions:

Fe be all like
UhYlEBA.gif
VArG9dG.jpg

^ see beginning of gif

Then Fi be all like
L0aWJ6f.jpg
Sa8jcRL.jpg

Then Ti dom come in and go, oh hell naw

wMCSWym.jpg

• The Fi faces have this internal expression of universal morality that isn't specifically triggered toward anything external
  • The Fe faces have more of this expression of interactive social play that is specifically situational towards something, not internal or universal (it's easier to see this in action)
  • The Ti dom shares the domain of expression of the Fe type, except she's like, "how bout no" instead
  • Fi expression peers past you (Jungian object) and often into you, or into the subject of its thoughts
  • Fe expression is situational so of course it tends toward the Jungian object instead and
  • More attentive is it to its immediate socialization instead of the internal intention. It's represented as the dynamic gesture, the interaction of empathy, instead the intention for empathy
  • Overall, Fi seems very internally nice, but Fe seems much more intentionally charming, responsive, and tactical, as though it's made for the moment. This is truly what Xe functions are made for