MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Ni Fe Ti Se

Some say that under stress, INFJ can behave like an ESTP. I will attest to this, in some ways. I am highly introverted/intuitive, so it sorta comes off outwardly [verbally] like some sort of IxTP. But, anyway - back to Se - my actions in of themselves, especially under stress, are noticeably Se-oriented. Become more physically sensitive in general, if highly fatigued. Will sleep a lot, or - if I'm feeling weighed down, but high energy/restless, I will more readily give in to risk-taking impulses. Or, rather, I have, in the past.

I [mistakenly] justified use of self medicating for a period of a month or two with cocaine back in early 2004, a little after my brother's homicide. I wanted to be aware, still, and engage- distract myself- but be able to think so fast, that, I couldn't feel. Suffice to say, it was effective, in the short term, but it's terrible for your health, illegal, and expensive. And.. you can only run for so long. Everything catches up, in time. This is an example of extreme emotional denial being supported by Se risky behavior. Not saying ESTPs would all do these things, obviously, but in my experience, Se-doms tend to be low on impulse control, which is why I draw the comparison. (I realize that's not fair to healthy SP's, hence my disclaimer.)

I am a thrillseeker, still, these days, but I only seek the thrill for the joy, as a release, not as an escape from emotion. Examples include things like rollercoasters, exploring creepy places, cliff-diving. Most people find this side of me surprising, because I don't share it, or plan it. I just do it.

On the upside, in general, my Se tends to be engaged by enjoying the little things. Warm, long showers. The stars and ocean at night. Breathing in that distinctive musky scent of fall leaves. Driving-I love driving. Traveling/adventuring. Listening to MUSIC.. god, that's my drug. Live or listening to an album. Singing, if that counts separately.

My involvement in performing arts tends to have an Se-feel to it, in some ways. I mean, the imagination, & mental prep for it uses all my functions, but in the moment on a stage, it feels like Se- just an everlasting 'now.' There's no thought, there's just being.
    Interesting...An INFJ under stress can behave like an unhealthy (destructive) ESTP...I'd buy that. Does that mean that under stress I behave like an unhealthy INTJ!? I've never really thought about that, but I suppose it makes sense. I sure can be condescending, under stress! XD

It really does make sense though. We are on the same track here...The functions get all mixed around and we are forced to rely on processes we are not comfortable with.

Se doms indeed struggle with impulse control, even the average-healthy ones. (That is assuming I am average-healthy. Perhaps not. heh) Relying on Se as an Ni user would make it even worse, I imagine, like acting sponteneously and not knowing when to stop.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

It's from the Hartzler book. On the mbti online tests I get about 75%, or less, F over T.....But when I read the cog functions questions, I tend to lean Te over Fe....And in person I'm way more cold-hearted and calculated than my Fe friends.....AND I have this thing I've noticed that NFPs mesmerize me, and have this allure to me. Not in a sexual way, as in sexualoving way, but in a fascination type way, where I could just watch them or listen to them all the time and never get bored. But I don't think I could live with one....

In reviewing Hartzler, I see that I'm very Fe in the realm of getting along with others, even at expense to myself. But I'm not very Fe when it comes to 'cultural' norms. I'd rather do my own thing than worry about society, or what others think of me. I'm slightly more Te in the book because I'm all about objectifying criteria, guesstimating, formulating, and setting realistic goals, for myself and others.

I'm neither a very 'good' intj or infj because I don't do facts like a real intj would, only facts that mean something to me; and because sometimes I can be loyal to efficiency or upholding a system, even at the expense to people.

The other intersting thing is that I've always scored lowest on Ti and Se. I thought it was because my ex was highest in those. But that would make sense if I were more of an intj.....

So how do ISTPs and INTJs get along??? Not so great, huh. Maybe that's what happened. Our personality differences/frustrations finally caught up to us. I really am enjoying my independence more than I realized I would. Though I also dislike being lonely.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Whatever type I am (either I or E NFP), I feel very strongly that Te is my weakest function. It usually manifests as a desire for control over a situation. This is especially problematic with relationships. I want someone who's judgement I can trust and if I end up feeling like I can't trust him, then I want to take over. Or if a situation isn't going the way I want it to, I am very easy going and flexible for awhile... and then boom! I take over and want to be In Charge. I am not really a fan of this aspect of myself, but there it is.
    Like I've been saying, if your inferior function is Te, then you are totally an INFP! That is unless you are actually confusing Te with Si, but I don't think so. They are kind of similar, but Te seems more concerned with controlling actions and processes (enforcing rules and procedures as well as standards of behavior) whereas Si seems more concerned with things staying familiar and proper and comfortable to them. Te inferior will come off as bossy and controlling and Si inferior will be anal retentive and possibly even neurotic, obsessive and/or compulsive.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

My inferior is Fe and it typically manifests as me getting overly emotional and not thinking through something rationally. During inferior Fe episodes, I've been known to yell at others, storming out of the room and stomping my feet. I can also be overly sensitive to perceived slights and feeling like I'm not appreciated enough even though there is no real evidence to back that up.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    My inferior is Fe and it typically manifests as me getting overly emotional and not thinking through something rationally. During inferior Fe episodes, I've been known to yell at others, storming out of the room and stomping my feet. I can also be overly sensitive to perceived slights and feeling like I'm not appreciated enough even though there is no real evidence to back that up.
    Is this a rare occurence? How long do these "episodes" generally last? I like that you referred to it as such too. XD It makes sense that being in the grip of Fe would be referred to as "having an episode". In the grip of Ni is more like being "in a funk".