User Tag List

Thread: probing some*

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default probing some*

What kind of stuff you use to probe some community / person for what they are?

I go wild & uninhibited and ask stuff like travel destinations, politics, taste on the opposite sex, whatever.. and listen what they answer. Gives a revealing insight of what they come from.

So.. what do you think are the most probing questions or topics, that aren't trolling or baiting at the same time?

WALMART

you wanna get a person to open up? ask them about their home land.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    What kind of stuff you use to probe some community / person for what they are?

I go wild & uninhibited and ask stuff like travel destinations, politics, taste on the opposite sex, whatever.. and listen what they answer. Gives a revealing insight of what they come from.

So.. what do you think are the most probing questions or topics, that aren't trolling or baiting at the same time?
    Do you mean what type they are? Usually I just watch them. (Introvert's response?)

Asking people what they do for a living, what they enjoy about it, why they do it, etc may also be useful, though I am personally ambivalent about asking that question because I think we put way too much stock in profession/livelihood as identity.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Do you mean what type they are? Usually I just watch them. (Introvert's response?)

Asking people what they do for a living, what they enjoy about it, why they do it, etc may also be useful, though I am personally ambivalent about asking that question because I think we put way too much stock in profession/livelihood as identity.

yeah, i'm sure my cousin could make his telemarketing job sound like a sweet fucking deal

what kinds of things would you be looking for?

MBTI
    INTP

Ask them the question: "If your life were to be made a movie, what couple-word title would you give it?" If you're willing- be introspective and try to answer it for yourself! How would you define everything about you and your life in a couple of words?

It takes some thought, but it can tell you a lot about a person.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I like asking people what their strongest, deepest motivations are. I think it is extremely probing but also the most interesting thing in the world, and the most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Thurman
    Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.