User Tag List

View Poll Results: What function is attributed to charisma

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ne

    15 46.88%
  • Fe

    15 46.88%
  • Te

    5 15.63%
  • Fi

    2 6.25%
  • Se

    5 15.63%
  • some combination of the above

    1 3.13%
  • other function (please name)

    2 6.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 16

  1. #1
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Question What function is attributed to Charisma

    What function is attributed to Charisma and leadership. Please vote and justify.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  2. #2
    Magical BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,002

    Default

    Se and Te seem to be good leadership functions.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  3. #3
    darkened dreams labyrinthine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    8,584

    Default

    Ne and Fe because these functions have the most insight into other people at the moment of interactions. Fi and Ni do on reflection and analysis.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

    I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

  4. #4
    Nerd King Usurper Edgar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,209

    Default

    My ginormous genitalia is the source of my mighty charisma powers.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

  5. #5
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    My ginormous genitalia is the source of my mighty charisma powers.
    Te is an abbreviation.

  6. #6
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    To me, they're two different questions.

    (This is about functions whose traits can be attributed to charisma and leadership.. not to say that other types can't be leaders..)


    Charisma? Se. Se-dominants tend to make the best salespeople for a reason.. being able to seize immediate opportunities in conversations goes a long way.

    Fi or Fe might also be considered.. there's something about actually connecting with others that makes them like you.


    Leadership? Te. Te mobilizes and speaks with full confidence, and it doesn't necessarily care about being liked. It just.. does. It's a powerhouse when supplemented with Ni or even Ne.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Me - Extraverted Moi

  8. #8
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    To me, they're two different questions.

    (This is about functions whose traits can be attributed to charisma and leadership.. not to say that other types can't be leaders..)


    Charisma? Se. Se-dominants tend to make the best salespeople for a reason.. being able to seize immediate opportunities in conversations goes a long way.

    Fi or Fe might also be considered.. there's something about actually connecting with others that makes them like you.


    Leadership? Te. Te mobilizes and speaks with full confidence, and it doesn't necessarily care about being liked. It just.. does. It's a powerhouse when supplemented with Ni or even Ne.

    Leadership wiuthout charisma is impossible, unless you wanyt to act like a dick and use aggression to force people into submission (ESTJ).

    What I want to know is what type is more likely to have charisma:

    EP or EJ?

    and how is EJ charisma different from EP charisma? Of course IJ can also have charisma like Ghandi, but thats a different catefory.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  9. #9
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    I dunno, Ne, Fe, or Fi.

    Mayhaps?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  10. #10
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    Leadership wiuthout charisma is impossible, unless you wanyt to act like a dick and use aggression to force people into submission (ESTJ).
    My point exactly.. leadership is possible without charisma exactly because of the exceptions that you and I have both described.

    But I digress.. you're asking about charisma itself now, so.. carry on.

Similar Threads

  1. what function is this
    By Chloe in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-22-2010, 08:55 AM
  2. What tool is available to break the hold of apathy?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 04:53 AM
  3. What function is this?
    By NewEra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 09:16 PM
  4. Forum atmosphere: What function is most perceptible?
    By Athenian200 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO