• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Type 8] E8s teach me how to use gut instinct

badger055

Permabanned
I watched a video on clint eastwood who is an 8w9 and he said everything he accomplished in life was done on gut instinct so I want to learn this. I think I'm starting to get better with it but it's hard to tell what stuff is gut instinct. For example sometimes I can sense weakness in the position a person is taking in a discussion and I will push them on it before I even know what I did. So what does gut instinct feel like to you? How do you use it?

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I interpret it in two ways--

- First, you can just kind of let your body guide you. Don't think about it much, just determine what you want to do and then do it. Basically, don't think too much.

- Second is where you can feel the right answer "inside your body". Yes, you can. You just have to silence your brain and tune into your physicality. (Every time I've gone against this feeling, I've wound up regretting it, incidentally.)

That's my take. I might be totally off base, though.

VagrantFarce

It's a very deep knowing, but you have to let it rise up on its own. You can't think about it, or intellectualise it. It's connected to everything around you. Breathe into your belly and let it simmer on its own. I hate to be cryptic, but that's kind of the nature of it - it's not about the words you put it into.

I will say this - it's not as alien as you think. It will feel very familiar.

badger055

Permabanned
Thanks for the help. The last couple days I put myself in gut instinct mode. I realized my gut instinct was what I used to play games with so it was easy to tap into. I always wondered what the hell that was. I have to say gut instinct mode is amazing. I don't second guess myself or over analyze anymore. My next action is clear cut and when choosing between two hard choices the right choice is so dumbly obvious now. It's like a different way of thinking I will have to get used to this.

valaki

MBTI Type
SeNi
Enneagram
8+7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for the help. The last couple days I put myself in gut instinct mode. I realized my gut instinct was what I used to play games with so it was easy to tap into. I always wondered what the hell that was. I have to say gut instinct mode is amazing. I don't second guess myself or over analyze anymore. My next action is clear cut and when choosing between two hard choices the right choice is so dumbly obvious now. It's like a different way of thinking I will have to get used to this.

I think the others put it well. The cryptic one too haha lol

Glad you like it.