User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: 3w4

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by gigi_xo View Post

I mostly just get frustrated, almost introverted, a bit irritable when this happens.

I WANT to speak my mind more. I really wish I knew how, but I'm too nervous. maybe I just need more confidence for this

but in this mode, I'm certainly no shoulder to cry on
    This last 'assertive' bout I've had over the past few months was the result of a decision I made to take on a more assertive mindset. I practiced it in subtle ways until 'a little bit of selfishness' became a habit.

With 'a little bit of selfishness' comes an attitude of 'screw it; I'm going to take my fair share of the conversation airtime, and I'm going to say what I want to say'.

I figure.. since I'm people-pleasing and courteous by nature, that's going to temper my assertiveness naturally, and, as a result, my 'a little bit of selfishness' is barely comparable to what most would consider selfish or hurtful.

It's a balance, though.. it always is.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by briar View Post
    i see christian bale as a perfect example of how i understand istp 3w4 sx/sp. same with the other two.

i think we see e3 differently, i think of focusing on it within the heart triad. driven by shame. in that way, the achievement, the specific form of achievement, is less important than the way that achievement creates the opposite of shame. trying to win love by others, force them to love you.

i don't see any Te in those people you mention. one example of a possible 3 could be kobe bryant, who i can see as istp 3 or istj. if he's an istj, however, he could very easily be a 6. athletes are more often stps because of Se, the ability to be in the moment, spatial awareness, sense of physical space and territoriality, etc. Ti is the ultimate in-game strategizer. the SiTe people are more dilligent practicers, they master a skill and over-prepare. they rely on perfect methods/form to become excellent at something specific.

as far as etjs, they want to do something. they have energy to make something happen. they either want to take charge (boss, e8) or fix problems (e1). i'm yet to meet e6, e7, or other entj types. their motivation is less focused on what they think will make them happy, whole, complete. if they are running from anything, i see it as e6 anxiety/fear, e1w2 imperfection/shame, or e8 Fi inferior vulnerability and just projecting it outward trying to control the world around them before it controls them.

MBTI
    ENFj

Well I am a 3w4 ENFj. Can someone give a quick description as to how that would "effect" me as an ENFj?
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i've heard of enfp 4w3 but i have difficulty in understanding how enfp can work the 3 or 3 wing. i can see more easily how Se, Fe, and Ti play into the 3 project.

i've heard of enfp 2s as well, but i've yet to see it, and i can't even speculate how that works.

there's some stuff about 7w6 and 4w3, but i haven't figured it out. i thought walt whitman was a 4w3, and song of myself feels 4w3, but then i started shifting and seeing him as 7w6 sx/so. the sx pushes someone in a similar direction, the desire for individuation, completion, expression.
    I think 3w4 can look like a 7 and it's not hard to see an ENFP be a 3w4 if you're used to seeing the more ambitious/career focused ENFPs. They do exist.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Interesting thread- just to add....

I'm an INFJ and a 3w4. To explain the Introversion- I score like, 52% intro vs 48% extro. But that slight leaning to introversion does come into play with my four wing.

As far as all the other stuff- it's important to remember that Enneagram and MBTI are two completely different typing systems that are very difficult to correlate. Plus, E3 is the most difficult of all the E types to match up to MB since it really doesn't. Threes could be any of the MB types.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AllPersonality.com blog
    INFJ 3w4 sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I'm supposedly 3w4, honestly I have alot of issues with enneagram as a whole, but if any type matches me on it, I'm 3w4.

Had a long discussion on this awhile ago with BlackCat who came up with the type for me XD

After doing more research on my own, it seems descent enough a fit I guess, but not really perfect. None of the enneagram ones really fit, bits and pieces of 3, 4, 5, 7 all seem to apply here and there, but the 3w4 seems to be the most predominant the vast majority of the time.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i think i just have a conspiracy theory style connections map to people i know, ego concepts, behaviors, language describing motivations, and an analysis of values from the different enneagrammatic perspectives. maybe i'm just a lunatic.

i think there's a level of finesse i do not see yet regarding how to approach enneagram/mbti correlations. i don't want to argue that a particular mb type can or can't be a particular enneagram type. i would like to see some examples that we can discuss and make sense of collectively.

i have extreme difficulty in really grasping the nuances of 3w4 and 7w8. i think 3w4 is perhaps more introverted.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

<----------
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i have extreme difficulty in really grasping the nuances of 3w4 and 7w8. i think 3w4 is perhaps more introverted.
    3w4 is more introspective than other 3's. I find I'm more into understanding and improving myself than my 3w2 friends. As far as introversion- it varies... I think deep down if I'm being truly myself I am an introvert, but, combined with the 3's ability to adapt to situations, if you see me in a social setting I seem very extroverted. 3's know how be 'on' when needed. And it becomes a bit more of a burden to maintain so many relationships in my day to day life, because I can burn out without time alone. Whereas the 3w2 can go a lot longer time period without hitting that burn out.

Personally, I really like being a 3w4 because the 4 wing means I'm less shallow and a little more in touch with my feelings. Not as much as a Four, but more than a Three.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AllPersonality.com blog
    INFJ 3w4 sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    <----------
    You're funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    AllPersonality.com blog