User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 40

  1. #1
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default Independent Enneagram Project

    Hey fellow typology nerds, studiers and enthusiasts! I started an independent photo and interview based project on the Enneagram about 9 months ago and am now wrapping it up. I'm very happy with the way it's turned out, but because I'm more of a big picture person, I never really solidified what I would use it for. Friends have suggested everything from a seminar, to putting the images in a gallery to show.

    Do any of you have ideas as to an outlet for my project? I've been trying to think of people/groups in the Enneagram community that might be interested in it. I'm hesitant to post my images here (you know, the internet and creative infringement), but I'm glad to answer questions about the project.

    Thoughts? @Sanjuro @Lady_X @Animal @Jennifer @brainheart @OrangeAppled @Halla74 @highlander @skylights @Starry @Fluffywolf @decrescendo @ayoitsStepho @cafe @JAVO @Honor @Lexicon @Mal12345 @PeaceBaby @Urarienev @wolfy and anyone else with ideas! Thanks guys!
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  2. #2
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Hey fellow typology nerds, studiers and enthusiasts! I started an independent photo and interview based project on the Enneagram about 9 months ago and am now wrapping it up. I'm very happy with the way it's turned out, but because I'm more of a big picture person, I never really solidified what I would use it for. Friends have suggested everything from a seminar, to putting the images in a gallery to show.

    Do any of you have ideas as to an outlet for my project? I've been trying to think of people/groups in the Enneagram community that might be interested in it. I'm hesitant to post my images here (you know, the internet and creative infringement), but I'm glad to answer questions about the project.

    Thoughts? @Sanjuro @Lady_X @Animal @Jennifer @brainheart @OrangeAppled @Halla74 @highlander @skylights @Starry @Fluffywolf @decrescendo @ayoitsStepho @cafe @JAVO @Honor @Lexicon @Mal12345 @PeaceBaby @Urarienev @wolfy and anyone else with ideas! Thanks guys!
    Contact Jack Labanauskas on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jack.labanauskas.9
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  3. #3
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Hey @Mal12345, thanks! Could you fill me in a bit on who he is and his relationship to Enneagram Monthly (I just googled the publication, so my awareness there is pretty green)? Just so I know who I'm messaging.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Hey @Mal12345, thanks! Could you fill me in a bit on who he is and his relationship to Enneagram Monthly (I just googled the publication, so my awareness there is pretty green)? Just so I know who I'm messaging.
    I've known and trusted Jack for years. He's good with ideas for projects and may get you published somehow, perhaps in the EM which has been in business for over 20 years. He built the EM from the ground up.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  5. #5
    So she did. small.wonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    I've known and trusted Jack for years. He's good with ideas for projects and may get you published somehow, perhaps in the EM which has been in business for over 20 years. He started the EM from the ground up.
    Wow, I'm very thankful for your suggestion then-- thank you, really! I'll send him a message for sure.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨

  6. #6
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Wow, I'm very thankful for your suggestion then-- thank you, really! I'll send him a message for sure.
    Good luck to you!
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  7. #7
    Don't pet me. JAVO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,052

    Default

    That sounds like an awesome project!

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Friends have suggested everything from a seminar, to putting the images in a gallery to show.
    Those are both good suggestions. Maybe publish your own e-book, including both interviews and images. Do a bit of a teaser blog and youtube video, and create a Facebook page for it.

  8. #8
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Hey fellow typology nerds, studiers and enthusiasts! I started an independent photo and interview based project on the Enneagram about 9 months ago and am now wrapping it up. I'm very happy with the way it's turned out, but because I'm more of a big picture person, I never really solidified what I would use it for. Friends have suggested everything from a seminar, to putting the images in a gallery to show.

    Do any of you have ideas as to an outlet for my project? I've been trying to think of people/groups in the Enneagram community that might be interested in it. I'm hesitant to post my images here (you know, the internet and creative infringement), but I'm glad to answer questions about the project.

    Thoughts?
    It depends on what your goals are and what your project resulted in. I think it is hard to make any money publishing stuff about something so specific, even if it's incredibly good. If you're looking to share what you learned with the world and get exposure, you could publish it on the forum. There was a suggestion about a video - I think that is an excellent idea. One example is the visual reading of cognitive functions that these guys did. The issue with videos though is that not as many people see them as written material. The reason is that search engines can't read video. You might considering both writing up an article and doing a video.

    Can you tell us more about the project, what the results are and why it would be valuable to people?

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  9. #9
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    I would suggest a website. If you're looking to make money, then I suppose enough traffic could lead to ads. IDK, I'm not a practical person either & tend to do stuff for its own sake & not have a "use" for it either, sooo...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sanjuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None
    Posts
    822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by small.wonder View Post
    Hey fellow typology nerds, studiers and enthusiasts! I started an independent photo and interview based project on the Enneagram about 9 months ago and am now wrapping it up. I'm very happy with the way it's turned out, but because I'm more of a big picture person, I never really solidified what I would use it for. Friends have suggested everything from a seminar, to putting the images in a gallery to show.

    Do any of you have ideas as to an outlet for my project? I've been trying to think of people/groups in the Enneagram community that might be interested in it. I'm hesitant to post my images here (you know, the internet and creative infringement), but I'm glad to answer questions about the project.
    That sounds great! I'd love to take a look at it, thanks for the mention!

    I think some sort of copyrighted website is the best place for it. Speaking from experience, you are right to hesitate putting it on an online community, because there are many who will mercilessly rip you off and claim credit for your ideas.

    Unfortunately, I don't know of a better community for it as I am a bit uprooted at present moment. Could you present it to the folks at church and/or ask them about their ideas there?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-05-2016, 12:28 AM
  2. [Enne] The Enneagram Prison Project
    By highlander in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-20-2015, 08:58 AM
  3. [Enneagram] The Enneagram - Understanding Yourself and Others in Your Life (Helen Palmer)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-08-2014, 09:01 PM
  4. [Enneagram] The Wisdom of the Enneagram (Riso and Hudson)
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM
  5. [Enneagram] Enneagram Instinctual Subtypes
    By highlander in forum Typology and Psychology Book Reviews
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-16-2014, 08:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO