User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

My biggest problem with him is that he hasn't made any tolerable music since the War album.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm Bono-neutral and U2-slightly positive. (It goes up to "significantly positive" if we only consider the 80s.) However, I am extremely anti-Henry Rollins.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Sure, and you could argue that unlike many others, he's done something useful with it...
    Hey, the question in the title was HOW COME everybody hates Bono so much, not whether it is justified.
    (removed)

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    Hey, the question in the title was HOW COME everybody hates Bono so much, not whether it is justified.
    Well, I think I meant both "how come" and "is it justified." Sorry if that wasn't crystal clear.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

I'm a fan of him. Less so of the music these days (though there are some interesting elements). I like that he is thinking strategically about things and trying to do something productive. I've seen many, many artists and actors who are far more clueless and airheaded in their charitable side. He has the traits we admire him for, and he has the traits that annoy the hell out of us. I can see past the annoying part to some passion though, and it seems well directed.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP

A lot of Irish people hate him because he refuses to pay tax (and I must admit, myself included). Example of this hate: Make Bono Pay Tax

Besides which, he comes across as arrogant and his music doesn't particularly appeal to me. There's one or two songs I like but for the most part I'm indifferent to U2 as a band.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

Senior Member tastes_like_purple's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX
    Enneagram

I hate him and I'm irish
    seriously though, the man can't sing to save his life
    The only thing i admire is what he does with his money...
    A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes,
    I screamed aloud, as it tore through them,
    and now it's left me blind...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I just think U2 is grossly overrated. Bono should have been pursuing humanitarian efforts from the get-go. Then maybe we'd have less people with AIDS, and the radio wouldn't be plagued with "With or Without You."

Btw: This left-wing fad to hate Bono is probably based off the notion that he's causing humanitarian efforts to be come too mainstream. You know there are some serious pretentious assholes out there whose standards for liking something are based on how "unique" it is or how few people there are that also like said thing. Once something becomes popular, it's bound to suck, right?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Mind you, he is more than a little annoying. He can come across as self-centered, self-righteous, preachy, OTT, pretentious...etc.
    I generally feel this, but probably even milder; I definitely don't hate him or give much thought to him. I like some of U2's old songs, but I'm not a big fan, and the general over-rating of U2 annoys me more than Bono himself. I dislike when a band coasts on their past music; people seem to think everything new they make is above reproach. I'm sure the hardcore fans see the downslide in their music, but the general media acts like any band that has managed to stick around for 20 years can't produce crap after a certain point (when it's usually the opposite - they start to suck after 20 years). Again, this is only mildly annoying, and nowhere near hate.

I agree with JivinJeffJones that it may seem he is a little "too perfect" for some people's tastes, and it makes them feel better to bag on him.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

We don't hate Bono per se, as much as we hate the media culture that prevents us from ignoring him.