• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would Inferior Fi cause someone to have trouble apologizing?

hurl3y4456

MBTI Type
SINE
My Dad is an "ESXJ," and I recalled that when he took the MBTI test, he tested as ESFJ while I was around. When I went to my older brother's place to visit, My Dad mentioned that he's an ESTJ, and I then mentioned that he scored F instead of T....I don't recall his response, but he reiterated aggressively that he was not an F, but a T. ...I thought to myself, "Could it be that he thinks the feeling function is a weakness?" I thought, "perhaps, he acts differently around my older brother and doesn't express his feeling as often as he does with me." Hence, he doesn't want to be seen as "feeler" in front of my older brother, as he associates it as a "weakness" when in actuality it's not. He might have also forgot his type, but still deems the "feeling" function as a weakness. He also has trouble apologizing when yelling at my Mom whereas I have no trouble apologizing because I don't consider it as a weakness, and I never intend to get "angry." My anger is usually short lived and doesn't build up like it does in my Dad.

notmyapples

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trouble apologizing is a sign of immaturity in general, but can often have to do with an unhealthy or weak feeling function as the feeling functions primarily deal with empathy for others.