• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Will you take the COVID vaccine in 2021?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was not I who brought up anything about trends... or public policy for that matter.
I edited my post because I realized we were already in politics subforum. As I mentioned initially, your explanation was on topic. Since my post will be read by more than you, I provided a more general clarification.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yesterday I got the first shot of my CIA monitoring chip/autism dose.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
how did you feel? I am getting mine tomorrow and a little nervous/excited.

sore arm. Otherwise fine. I don't think the aspergers has taken over quite yet. I did feel a sudden compulsion to spy on my neighbors though.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I got mine!! I am so happy and grateful. They announced that they are going to have stop the 1st dose distribution on friday to ensure they have enough for the second dose. so i am grateful i got mine ( i guess working in retail has its perks!)

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius had his first dose at the start of February as a frontline health worker who works in a psychiatric ward and is due to his second dose this Saturday.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
To tell the truth, at the pace my government is acquiring and distributing vaccines, I don't think I will even get the option to decide any time soon, since it probably won't be my turn until 2022. If I ever do get the chance I will get it.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got my first shot of Pfizer on Saturday. Had a slightly sore left arm, but no symptoms have come up since. We'll see about next time, a lot of people say the second dose is worse.

This was a very easy choice for me. Overwhelming evidence has been gathered on the vaccinations at this point, and the risk they pose (there hardly appears to be any, really) is a tiny fraction of the risk posed by COVID-19, even for a low risk demographic like myself. Furthermore, I've never felt it was really about me, since I am in a low risk demographic. It was more about preventing my ability to spread it to other people, including and especially more vulnerable people.

On top of that, there are many other factors. There are restrictions relating to COVID-19 I'd like to get around. I'm really sick of teleworking, and anything I can do to end that sooner, I will do. I'd like to walk around outside without wearing a mask again, especially since we are approaching summer and I really hated wearing a mask last summer.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am getting my second cia microchip implant shot next week.

I've been having dreams of a naked Bill Gates issuing me commands every night since I got my first shot. It's impossible for me to resist that seductice visage.

Perhaps I should meditate on an image of Donald Trump to counter the malevolent psychic forces.

JLGU22KXABAMHFGWC64NRYPEIQ.jpg

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been having dreams of a naked Bill Gates issuing me commands every night since I got my first shot. It's impossible for me to resist that seductice visage.

I haven't really had any side effects from the shot other than an inexplicable urge to buy a Microsoft Surface tablet to compliment my new Windows Phone. Anyone else having a sudden change of heart on Windows 8? Maybe it wasn't that bad of an OS....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I’m suddenly regretting my recent acquisition of a MacBook and have an urge to fling it from a rooftop.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got my second shot today. 5G here I come!

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I must add that here the COVID situation is bad. Once you adjust for population that is as if US has about 150 000 to 250 000 every day. There are no relevant closings for quite some time at this point, mask mandates in the open were struck down by populists fishing for cheap votes on the right for upcoming elections. Vaccine companies weren't sticking to the contract about deliveries. Local internet is full of nonsense on the topic that got imported form abroad. Health authorities that are made of center right lost most of public respect due to corruption scandals regarding the pandemic. While center left kinda just ignores the pandemic at face value and talks about other problems or random stuff. In many neighboring countries situation was even worse lately and some didn't even start to vaccinate (so infection was spilling over constantly). We are losing just a few dozen people a day but per capita we are quickly advancing on the ladder. What altogether is pretty far from the initial success regarding the pandemic. I would have taken the shot anyway but this really made things to be a clear choice. Especially since locally dominant variant can kill 30 years olds. Everyone on their own and lack of morals: that is likely to be fatal in problems like COVID. It is really a shame that we came to this but everything just got watered down over time. While this approach simply doesn't work anywhere in the world, so I don't see why it would here. I mean if there weren't for certain social programs this would be third world style mess.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got my second shot yesterday. I feel no adverse side effects but I water maxxed before and after. I was concerned the three alcoholic beverages I had yesterday might be an issue, but still feeling okay.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My shoulder is a little sore today. That's about it. :shrug: