• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why does Malort exist?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I had it for the first time last night. It reminded me of an awful tasting anesthetic I had as a kid that I had classified as the worst thing I ever drank.

Pikaqiu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Well, I thought the same for bitter gourd, which led to the answer of, people have weird tastes sometimes. Either that, or it does have other benefits other substitute does not have.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, I thought the same for bitter gourd, which led to the answer of, people have weird tastes sometimes. Either that, or it does have other benefits other substitute does not have.
Bitter gourds?

Pikaqiu

MBTI Type
ENFP
1639016442340.png

It's this little thing that taste bitter, but in Asian cultures, it has a lot of cooling effects and has a lot of vitamins. But I personally hate it.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
I haven't had malort yet. I'm not sure I want to try it.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
I had to google Malort to see why the interest. One article listed humorous advertising slogans generated by drinkers of the beverage. Among the winners:

Malort: The champagne of pain.
Malort: Tonight's the night you fight your dad.
Malort: These pants aren't going to sh** themselves.

Link: https://www.thrillist.com/drink/chicago/malort-liquor-facts

Last edited:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
is this one of those liberal designer foods that is only sold at yuppie grocery stores, therefore the dumbasses who buy it assume it's special since it's not widely available to the hillbillies and troglodytes?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
is this one of those liberal designer foods that is only sold at yuppie grocery stores, therefore the dumbasses who buy it assume it's special since it's not widely available to the hillbillies and troglodytes?
No. It's unique to Chicago which is probably why you haven't heard of it. But it dates back to the 30s.

According to the wiki it " it has gained increased relevance among bartenders, bikers, and Chicago's Hispanic community, "

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No. It's unique to Chicago which is probably why you haven't heard of it. But it dates back to the 30s.

According to the wiki it " it has gained increased relevance among bartenders, bikers, and Chicago's Hispanic community, "
oh ok. so it's on its way but not there yet. i give it another year till it's all the rage among my wife's yippie friends.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
oh ok. so it's on its way but not there yet. i give it another year till it's all the rage among my wife's yippie friends.
Haha, considering what it tastes like, I doubt it. It's not just meh, it's actively terrible-tasting.

What does your wife do for a living?

Last edited:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, considering what it tastes like, I doubt it. It's not just meh, it's actively terrible-tasting.

What does your wife do for a living?
she has an "internet business" meaning she piddles around the house and once in a while makes a few bucks from shit she sells on ebay, in other words, unemployed. she's also an "activist" XD

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
she has an "internet business" meaning she piddles around the house and once in a while makes a few bucks from shit she sells on ebay, in other words, unemployed. she's also an "activist" XD
Oh... that's gotta be annoying if she's always railing against the patriarchy alongside that.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Often time foods like that exist, because you can eat it. Because when you're starving, taste is the last thing on your mind.