• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which art medium is your personal fave to both work with and look at?.

Whats your fave media in general?

• Sketching

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Colored pencils

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Ayrlic paint

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Oil paint

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Watercolors

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Oil pastels

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Charchol

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Chalk pastels

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Modeling and crafts (Clay,china,paper e.t.c)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Digital media

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 32.5%

• Total voters

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I paint with menstrual blood

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fashion if my favorite art media to work with at the moment. Television is my favorite to look at.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can food be considered art?

Really really good food can take a lot of creativity and talent, so yeah, I'd consider it a creative outlet for certain types of folks. I'm definitely a foodie / really appreciate goooood food.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like to make sculpture out of duct tape.
Also I like to doodle with pencil drawings, and pottery painting.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i tend to prefer sketching, metalwork, woodwork, and a program called black ink... well, when i am not working with words that is... i prefer to view oil paintings...

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I seriously wish I could use PhotoShop so that I can make my own little webtoons and webcomics and my own cartoon characters.. :wubbie:
So yeah, digital art!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Acrylic, because its so bold and bright!

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I love every single art form there is out there. Watercolor might be my favorite, it's gorgeous visually, delicate, emotive. I also love charcoal sketches. Ink art. Sculptures, carvings, paper art. I really love digital art, I love animation and cartoons, so much so i contemplated learning to draw and go to an animation school. It's underrated but the painstaking work that is animating, I admire and respect animators so much, whether its 2D or stop motion, it's incredible the worlds they create. Kind of rambling now, haha. But art is amazing and unequivocally inspiring to me, in all its breathtaking forms.

Metis

Like this?

That's pretty amazing. It reminds me of the movie Ashik Kerib:

Ashik Kerib (film) - Wikipedia

The movie tells a story using a combination of acted scenes and changing images that gives a similar sense of motion.

It's amazing how the sand artist in the clip you posted can make a couple of lines, in a moment's time, and produce recognizable images--fast enough for the images to depict the story in real time.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It can indeed. Heres some examples of art both your eyes and taste buds can enjoy.

It doesn't really do it for me, i just see lots of sugar and a disguise of diabetes and obesity. But I do love some physical temporary art forms and it made me think of flower floors like this...(though i have a contradiction of thought here with the loss of plant life to create art)

maxresdefault.jpg

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I can not say there's a medium I like to use and look at both. Got to make a distinction because I personally prefer oil paintings but also like acryl to look at. When it comes to art I'm oldfashioned and like to go to galleries, museums, etc.

These days I rarely draw, I mostly spend my leisure time writing, but when I started drawing I used normal pencils, and colored pencils for my sketches or fashion illustrations. Optional I gave the drawing or illustrations a finish with ink pens. There are different sizes available, which was very handy, because sometimes it was better to re-draw your illustration onto a bigger sheet of paper, mostly when you've gotten an illustration with lots of details. We'd then hang them on the walls or cupboards in our craft ateliers at fashion school and go back to it when we were clueless how to sew something or where certain accessories have to be placed. Then you better don't use a small 0.1 mm ink pen to draw the outlines - makes sense, right?

Sometimes I'd still use color pencils after using the ink pen, but sometimes I'd use copic pens (alcoholbased ink) for the colouring instead.
If we wanted to, we also had the option to use water colors but it does soften up the paper and that's not very handy when later you will have to look at your illustrations again and again and therefore pick it up and stress the paper out even more.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Great thread idea my Lord :cheers:

That's not an easy question...to work with I'd say oil paint (because that's the kind I use the most plus I find it easier to paint with this kind of paint) as with acrylic or watercolor it's more difficult to make some changes - which happens a lot with me - or repair mistakes, still I like the effects with watercolor a lot :D Colored pencils/sketching is cool too, I love drawing especially architectural works :D My only issue with pencils is that the colors aren't as bright than with painting... Otherwise oil pastels are cool too even I haven't had the opportunity to use them so much - they're real good for colourful/Impressionistic-like landscapes.

Tbh I guess I could chose all of 'em lol :newwink: Except digital media maybe because I'm more of the "classical" Art type :gleam:

To look at definitely oil painting, but watercolor is a close second.

Mole

Permabanned
All mediums are an extension of our senses, and my favourite is the extension of our proprioceptive sense in dance.

Snow as White

ƃuıǝǝs | seeing
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i love so many different types of art media, i have a hard time choosing.

over my exploration i have delved into:

pottery
oil painting
watercolors
colored pencils
metal sculpture (loved but you need access to all of those tools so sad face)
music
textiles
book binding
writing
photography

some is best for the things you want to keep private, and others are wonderful as treasured gifts to those few who appreciate them. i dont have the patience for the perfection that realism requires so i just do abstract. at least that's my excuse :D