• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What'cha Reading?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
A handmaids tale. Its interesting enough so far- or more than that really.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Finished Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. Next up is Pat Buchanan's The Death of the West.

Lark

Finished Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil. Next up is Pat Buchanan's The Death of the West.

I'd recommend you better books than that, what did you think of Nietzsche? Can you believe it was groundbreaking once? ;):D

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Why Can't I Get Better? Solving the Mystery of Lyme and Chronic Disease. One of the scarier books I've read.

Tick paralysis is a potentially lethal tick-borne bacterial infection. It can be caused by some 400 different tick species, including the same ticks that transmit Rocky Mountain spotted fever, such as the Rocky Mountain wood tick, the American dog tick, and occasionally the lone star tick, the Eastern black-legged tick, and the Western black-legged tick.

Basically, there are hundreds of strains of ticks that carry multiple types of bacteria can than wreak your life and kill you.

Katherine replied: "I'm here to see what else can be done for me. I've been diagnosed with Lyme disease, and despite several years of treatment, I still can't walk. I have no strength in my legs, and every time I try to stand up I feel like I'm going to fall over, because the room spins. I have constant headaches, and I can't get any relief despite all sorts of pain medications. I'm very sensitive to light, so I have to wear sunglasses most of the time, and I'm also sensitive to sound.

Millions of Americans have tick related illnesses and aren't being treated properly.

Beorn

Permabanned
51IW0v6Zb8L._SY346_.jpg

I started watching American Gods on Stars. I was intrigued, but it's a bit too lubricious for me.
So I'm settling for reading a much more milder story by the author who wrote American Gods.

Lark

51IW0v6Zb8L._SY346_.jpg

I started watching American Gods on Stars. I was intrigued, but it's a bit too lubricious for me.
So I'm settling for reading a much more milder story by the author who wrote American Gods.

Hahahhahaha, "milder", amazing book, there's a great graphic novel, two screen adaptations and an audio book too, all of which are good and worth checking out.

Also, its all real, every single word of it ;)

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The Story of Art by Ernst Gombrich but to be honest, I'm more leafing through it to find passages that interest me the most :D

Lark

Reading a book written in the ninties some irish guy touring "catholic europe" and its more interesting than I'd have guessed, its called the sign of the cross, more autobiographical than anything else, the title ties into a weird therapy session he was involved in relating to the loss of his father when he was twelve.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life", by James Martin, SJ

(Society of Jesus, aka Jesuit, not Sensing Judging - so, not my kind of SJ, but still a lovely kind of SJ. :) I went to a Jesuit university and I miss those jerks and their wisdom.)

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
"Stealing Fire". A book about research of a state of consciousness known as "the flow".

When neuroscientists at DARPA and Advanced Brain Monitoring used a different technique - neurofeedback - to prompt flow, they found that soldiers solved complex problems and mastered new skills up to 490% faster than normal. It's for this reason that, when the global consultancy McKinsey did a 10-year global study of companies, they found that top executives - meaning those most called upon to solve strategically significant 'wicked problems' - reported being up to 500% more productive in flow.

Layfolk call this mental state "the zone" and you frequently hear athletes say they're "in the zone". This is the book to read for self-hacker types.

Mole

Permabanned
"The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything: A Spirituality for Real Life", by James Martin, SJ

(Society of Jesus, aka Jesuit, not Sensing Judging - so, not my kind of SJ, but still a lovely kind of SJ. :) I went to a Jesuit university and I miss those jerks and their wisdom.)

Gosh, who would have thought, the Jesuits have just paid out 3.1 million US dollars to children they have raped in the north west of America and Canada.

Just reread By the Waters of Babylon by Steven Vincent Benet. It was written in 1937. I had remembered reading this short story as a kid. A young man takes a journey to a forbidden place and learns the true fate of the gods.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just finished the 6th book of the Expanse series, Babylon's Ashes. Very enjoyable SciFi series. Currently a tv series based upon the books as well....