• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What makes INTP's change their opinions?

Ninneli

MBTI Type
ENTJ
What factor's makes INTP's change their minds? They tend to be very stubborn when they once make decision. How to influence them?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For me, while I might seem stubborn sometimes, I'm not really that stubborn as a character trait (I don't resist other opinions "just to resist them") and am pretty flexible especially on "preference" decisions.

But if I spent a lot of time evaluating a problem and come out with what I think is true, then the only way to change my answer is to provide me with new data that was not considered in the initial analysis. I really think things through before coming to a decision.

If you dump the same data into the same process, you should always come out with the same answer (or the process is broken, or the process is random); so you want to change the data set somehow. Maybe you can expand the problem to include new ground I didn't think of, or provide data I did not have originally. But that's how to do it.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Data. New data. More data. Recent data. Connect things together in a way that shows the necessity of consideration of the data.

It can't be about your preference for any particular outcome, as an INTP will smell that a mile off.

Must use the logic.

Ninneli

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Thank you all for your answers!

It seems the same logic works for us ENTJ's too. More data in every kind of way. Good argumentation and examples as well. That shouldn't be a problem.

But what method to use when INTP has made an opinion of something not based on science? For example like place of living, car brand or something that has to please both in a relationship? Should I just have to compromise all for my loss? Or are those things meaningless for INTP's?

I'm very bossy and have a strong opinion of what kind of environment I want to live etc. Now I've become a friend one INTP, but I don't want to be more involved to a man whom I'll be having a battle in every life area. I'd rather stay single if I don't get things that are important to me. Better stay just friend's if so.