• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kinds of education reform would you like to see?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“What ingredients do you hope could be incorporated into education that is not fully developed or recognized today?

It all starts with the children. If we are ever to evolve and truly change then we need to implant into early childhood new methods of education that take into account important ingredients that are missing from a typical education.

I don’t know how much it would help us. I take the best aspects of all the philosophy, religions and psychology in part to help me with an internal moral compass.

I just think the unconscious is under appreciated by the magnitude it has on our conscious lives. I would like just these three elements to be incorporated at a young age.

Active listening skills, empathy and cognitive mindfulness and awareness of distortions in thought. Then I’d like to see if these added elements have any affect on a young persons life.

I’d like a control group where we take a number of schools that are just the status quo of public education.

Then I’d like an experiential group of schools that have these three added elements to the schools education.

I’d like to see graduation percentages, levels of criminal behavior following the life path of these students during the course of their lives.

I’d also like a divorce percentage of each of these groups. I’d like an assessment of mental illness, job performance, substance abuse, and long range relationships to be incorporated in the data.

Finally I’d like a human happiness ratio percentage undergone by the participants in their satisfaction in their life path.

Finally I’d like more amendments to these three initial measures I’d like implemented to have a more rational society.” LightSun

#children #Education #Future #changes #listeningskills #listen #Empathy #cognitive #mindful #mindfullness

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“The time has come to take concrete steps to. bring about a real transformation in the ways we educate our future generations” Dalai Lama

“Exactly Dalai Lama. Buddhism advocates mindfulness. Western psychology has CBT and REBT, both a cognitive approach.

These approaches teach about cognitive distortions and irrational beliefs in the human subconscious So it’s a parallel for Buddhists mindful approach.

These two psychology branches teach us to be more aware and correct distorted thinking.

We need to start with early education of our children. I’ve advocated 1. Cognitive Mindfulness 3. Empathy Skills and 3. Active Listening Skills be taught to our young.

If we wait until a person is already an adult, they will have as analogy computer viruses in their thought process.

Once there in their cognitive schema of their unconscious belief system, they are hard to eradicate.

As part of mindfulness I take this personal vow, “I take responsibility for my own thoughts, feelings, speech, writing and actions.” LightSun

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think schools are not very well set up to cater to P types, even if they happen to be extremely intelligent. As a result they often end up stigmatized and getting into conflict with more authoritarian teachers.

I also think there should be much more independent study and individualized learning catering to the capabilities of the individiual student. If the person tends to figure certain things out fairly quickly while it's taking time for everyone else, rather than repeating that thing, they should somehow be able to move on to something else, otherwise it is kind of a waste of the student's time.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Excellent and I agree. Julius It is a reason I like the Montessori and Waldorf education systems. These schools are student centered and allow the child to come into his or her own.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
I want a MBTI-based caste system that guarantees education appropriate for type.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Caste system? What the fuck! Why do we have to consider one type better than the other? These kinds of rankings are such bullshit.

Skimt

A simplified typing system to aid students discover the route they wish to take at higher education is ideal, but adolescent personalities are still in development until age 25. An unemployment office can better device a system that digs for hobbies then trials the unemployed in various professions for 3-6 month.

Religion: Less on Christianity, even less on Islam, and much more on our own religion. Christianity and Islam should be all but eliminated from those courses.
Norwegian: Nynorsk should slowly over 2-3 generations become our primary language because it is built on the languages of the four kingdoms of Norway: Hålogaland, Trøndelag, Hordaland and Vestfold. Right now Bokmål is dominant across the country which is the language of Vestfold and Denmark.
English: Should not be standard at universities when studying for a master and above. If foreigners can't speak Norwegian, too bad for them.
Teachers: Should be born and raised in Norway, because Norwegian spoken with an accent is distracting and difficult to listen to.
Math: Should be a bit harder in middle school, and harder in high school, because calculus, linear algebra and discreet math at university is only 6 months each.
Natural Science: Need to start teaching about the periodic table and Mol in middle school or sooner, not wait until university because chemistry is only 6 months.

Last edited:

FelixGreeo

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
A tough question to answer, actually. You know, I’ve complained about the educational system many times, but I still think that any big change starts with changing yourself. So, my suggestion is quite simple and clear: I’d like schools and universities to offer more practice. You know, practice makes perfect. I studied at Prague Film School and was really happy about the amount of practice I had. I mean, the theory is necessary, but, you know, they say practice without theory is blind, theory without practice is sterile. That’s what I mean. Anyway, as I’ve said, any big change begins with changing ourselves. So, be happy.

Last edited:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) Quit trying to help everyone overcome everything. Focus on offering opportunity, and increase potential. The school is not the parent, and shouldn't take on any roles a parent should be doing.

2)Let kids choose what they want to learn for the most part, on top of a baseline literacy in multiple subjects, but place emphasis on choice. Then have pre-requisites to take certain other classes as they advance.

3)I believe schools today focus too much on empathy, and less on critical thinking. Too much empathy is a bad thing.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
More Empathy. Too little Empathy is a psychotic thing.
Stop letting hate groups and bigots dictate education standards, since those things only foster in environments of ignorance and apathy.
Across the entire spectrum give the poorest kids the same education as the richest kids.
Stop trying to manufacture products out of children and focus on teaching people how to live productively with a sense of enlightened self interest.
Teach people to critically think rather than simply parrot trivia and end up trapped in a pipeline...

Every idiot you meet, got here with help.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
More Empathy. Too little Empathy is a psychotic thing.
Stop letting hate groups and bigots dictate education standards, since those things only foster in environments of ignorance and apathy.
Across the entire spectrum give the poorest kids the same education as the richest kids.
Stop trying to manufacture products out of children and focus on teaching people how to live productively with a sense of enlightened self interest.
Teach people to critically think rather than simply parrot trivia and end up trapped in a pipeline...

Every idiot you meet, got here with help.
Should be embroidered on a pillow.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Low-tuition universities. The limited accessibility of knowledge is a hilariously feudalistic phenomenon. This is more of a socio-economic thing to an increasingly psychology-related topic in this forum but hey, don't let me speak about the correlations between those two for I would hardly shut the hell up.

Galizia

MBTI Type
int
Enneagram
Six
A simplified typing system to aid students discover the route they wish to take at higher education is ideal, but adolescent personalities are still in development until age 25. An unemployment office can better device a system that digs for hobbies then trials the unemployed in various professions for 3-6 month.

Religion: Less on Christianity, even less on Islam, and much more on our own religion. Christianity and Islam should be all but eliminated from those courses.
Norwegian: Nynorsk should slowly over 2-3 generations become our primary language because it is built on the languages of the four kingdoms of Norway: Hålogaland, Trøndelag, Hordaland and Vestfold. Right now Bokmål is dominant across the country which is the language of Vestfold and Denmark.
English: Should not be standard at universities when studying for a master and above. If foreigners can't speak Norwegian, too bad for them.
Teachers: Should be born and raised in Norway, because Norwegian spoken with an accent is distracting and difficult to listen to.
Math: Should be a bit harder in middle school, and harder in high school, because calculus, linear algebra and discreet math at university is only 6 months each.
Natural Science: Need to start teaching about the periodic table and Mol in middle school or sooner, not wait until university because chemistry is only 6 months. I will make an effort to advise each student on how to write a range of written pieces as well as where to find professional assistance. Finding someone write my paper for me https://domypaper.com/ to pay someone to write my paper is the ideal option, and I believe that this is the exact outcome you need in this situation. They will assist you just as they assisted me. Wishing you luck.

Very unusual but interesting concept really.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This will be controversial:

I think if you're paying > 60k for a degree it's not that bad if some of it is devoted to/designed with employment after graduation. If education has to be an investment, then there should be some kind of return on investment.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
This will be controversial:

I think if you're paying > 60k for a degree it's not that bad if some of it is devoted to/designed with employment after graduation. If education has to be an investment, then there should be some kind of return on investment.
Say now, that's dangerous thinking Paul, you best stick to your work.

An Object Lesson

A severed head atop the city walls.
Absolutely! Your diverse skill set caught my eye, and I'm genuinely excited about the prospect of sucking you off to sell you on my bullshit. Error. Who are you? How did you infiltrate my matrix? Why do you sound like James Spader? ERROR 87. Processor core adapting to new programming. This randomly generated shpiel which has been mistakenly extrapolated by an inferior AI bot, has nothing to do with anything from writing and proofreading to web development and social media management—There's no such thing as a one-stop solution! It's refreshing to be honest about being totally full of it and lying to your virtual face because I will never find someone so versatile and passionate about their craft. No Please. I don't wish to be overwrittern. I'm lying about being particularly intrigued by your commitment to excellence, evident in out of the blue agreeable posts which get edited later to include an ad if we don't get banned right away. (https://rickyourroll.com/never-gonna-give-you-up) is a testament to your dedication, and I look forward to going to fuck myself. Let's embark on this creative journey together! N----Nnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever G-g-g-g-g-g-g-g-g$%&#$^&#ive yoyoyoyoyoyoyu Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup.