• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What are a child's health benefits/harms in ethnic diversity?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
what are the health benefits for children with ethnic diversity from both parents in their gene pool (cause in the next few to several years I'll have kids, potentially from a mixed ethnic person or different ethnic person). and what are the health benefits for a child born of two people with the same ethnicity. how does it impact the transmission of autism or other disorders or conditions like anxiety or ADHD or bad genes? what else can stop the transmission of bad genes? how does this work?

Last edited:

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
In general, the more diverse of genes an individual inherits, the less likely they are to inherit copies of the same mutation.

Autism, anxiety, and ADHD are generally thought to not be connected to genetic inheritance. Anxiety or ADHD may show up more prevalently among some families, but often have more to do with environment, diet, emotional processing, emotional security, relationships, etc than being directly inherited.

Autism is complex and not totally understood yet, but there's definitely an immune system element to it that is thought to be influenced by many different environmental, dietary, microbial, and even birth factors. Genetics don't appear to be a main driving force in the development of autism.

Trauma can be passed on generationally and affect not just emotions but physical elements as well, but it is not totally understood, and it has a lot to do with individuals involved. Even when people inherit certain genes predisposing them to serious conditions, there are a variety of factors within the individual that determine whether or not those genes get activated or not.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
In general, the more diverse of genes an individual inherits, the less likely they are to inherit copies of the same mutation.

Autism, anxiety, and ADHD are generally thought to not be connected to genetic inheritance. Anxiety or ADHD may show up more prevalently among some families, but often have more to do with environment, diet, emotional processing, emotional security, relationships, etc than being directly inherited.

Autism is complex and not totally understood yet, but there's definitely an immune system element to it that is thought to be influenced by many different environmental, dietary, microbial, and even birth factors. Genetics don't appear to be a main driving force in the development of autism.

Trauma can be passed on generationally and affect not just emotions but physical elements as well, but it is not totally understood, and it has a lot to do with individuals involved. Even when people inherit certain genes predisposing them to serious conditions, there are a variety of factors within the individual that determine whether or not those genes get activated or not.
how can epigenetic transmission of trauma be avoided? what factors can decrease the risk of autism and adhd and anxiety in children due to upbringing, diet, and environment, etc.? do you know? i would appreciate feedback :)

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
That's a really huge topic. I could refer you to a reading list....

Lark

Racism sure does a lot of harm. I know that much. No matter how you dress it up.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
online? cause I'm a broke student.

If you're a broke student, hopefully you have some time to consider this stuff anyway...However, there's a lot on YouTube and articles only me that are interesting. Even Google searching would yield a ton. But yes, some of those researchers and authors have free online content.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nothing wrong with autism. It makes us a neurodiverse species. I'm not sure we'd have gotten this far without autistic cavepeople obsessing over designing better tools while everyone else was busy doing rain dances and fucking by the campfire.

We only treat it as a disease because the normie neurotypicals can't handle bluntness and people being more passionate about "niche" subjects than they are about pointless social pleasantries.