• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tribalism and TypoC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rav3n

Haha k dudette. We should party together some time. I love everyone
I'll bet.

That said, the chart did reinforce what I perceived as your alt-right pattern, even though I received pushback from assorted others for perceiving such.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll bet.

That said, the chart did reinforce what I perceived as your alt-right pattern, even though I received pushback from assorted others for perceiving such.

I’ll own it. Say what you what about me. I don’t always listen to Phil Collins but when I do, I don’t care anymore

rav3n

I’ll own it. Say what you what about me. I don’t always listen to Phil Collins but when I do, I don’t care anymore
My opinion was stated on the open forum so it wasn't by way of covert gossiping. Don't recall ever gossiping about you. Thought I'd clarify that so you didn't feel paranoid about it.

raskol

I’ll own it.
Show, don't tell, fam.

You haven't owned up to anything. Instead, you keep dancing around every recurring alt-right topic, all the while boomer-posting as if Queen and Phil Collins would grant you plausible deniability. Sad.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Show, don't tell, fam.

You haven't owned up to anything. Instead, you keep dancing around every recurring alt-right topic, all the while boomer-posting as if Queen and Phil Collins would grant you plausible deniability. Sad.

You barely know me. The biggest difference between me and them is I am a xenophile and they are xenophobes. Not that you care to get know me deeper than whatever your first impressions have told you. Good day.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why are people arguing about political alignments in this thread? I thought politics was supposed to be reserved for the blogs. Although, at least this thread is more justified in its existence than Eck's thread, which is pretty much just "me hate feminism" with the thin pretext of discussing a Gillette ad.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One would think so, but you're actually on two strikes for that crowd:

1) 9/11 "truth";.

Also, there's nothing specifically alt-right about 9/11 truth theories, unless we consider Rosie O'Donnell or some of the hippies I knew in college to be alt-right.

I do hate 9/11 "truth" theories, though.

raskol

Also, there's nothing specifically alt-right about 9/11 truth theories, unless we consider Rosie O'Donnell or some of the hippies I knew in college to be alt-right.
As the thread relates to tribalism, the alt-right sphere and Alex Jones' paranormies are sympatico. The far-right conspiracy theory relates to either an exoteric (Israel/ZOG) or an esoteric version ("satanic globalists"/NWO), which both converge around the idea of a nefarious cabal/foreigners/others executing an "inside job" for the sake of political gain.

That anti-Semitic trope shouldn't be confused with either hippies or Rosie O'Donnell criticizing aspects of an official narrative.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As the thread relates to tribalism, the alt-right sphere and Alex Jones' paranormies are sympatico. The far-right conspiracy theory relates to either an exoteric (Israel/ZOG) or an esoteric version ("satanic globalists"/NWO), which both converge around the idea of a nefarious cabal/foreigners/others executing an "inside job" for the sake of political gain.

That anti-Semitic trope shouldn't be confused with either hippies or Rosie O'Donnell criticizing aspects of an official narrative.

I think 9/11 trutherism was probably a gateway to Alex Jones crap for a lot of people. So I don't really separate them that much.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know a blacksmith who makes the sharpest, sturdiest, pointiest pitchforks

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know a blacksmith who makes the sharpest, sturdiest, pointiest pitchforks

I don't know what this means.

While I think people are unfairly ganging up on you here, I also have low tolerance for these sort of coy comments where people get to express themselves without anyone knowing what they are saying. It doesn't inspire trust when I ask someone to clarify what they mean and they just ignore me. It's not like the clarification has to happen publicly.

I suspect you have an issue with my lack of neutrality on some things these days, but you'd rather not just come out and say that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know what this means.

While I think people are unfairly gaining up on you here, I also have low tolerance for these sort of coy comments where people get to express themselves without anyone knowing what they are saying. It doesn't inspire trust when I ask someone to clarify what they mean and they just ignore me. It's not like the clarification has to happen publicly.

I suspect you have an issue with my lack of neutrality on some things these days, but you'd rather not just come out and say that.

It’s just a lame joke, don’t read into it too much. This thread is a bummer, ttyl

raskol

I think 9/11 trutherism was probably a gateway to Alex Jones crap for a lot of people. So I don't really separate them that much.
First things first. It would be anachronistic to claim that 9/11 "truth" was alt-right originally, since the alt-right didn't exist in 2001. Back then, this far-right tribe consisted of lolbertarians who had a crush on Ron Paul and/or Alex Jones. And it took them 10-12 years to grow annoyed with Austrian economics and illuminati esoterica, which they eventually ditched or sublimated into memes. Yet the explicit images of bogeymen like Soros and Rothschild had staying power as avatars of ZOG, and an arm of the modern far-right was born.

With that in mind, feel free to present quotes by Rosie O'Donnell (lol) that would place her in this tribe of far-right extremists. My guess is that you're confusing stupid statements (building 7?) with that of an actual narrative reflecting the paranoid style of American politics, which is the line separating kooky skepticism from conspiracy theory.

Lastly, and out of interest, what's with the impromptu white-knighting? What are you getting at here?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
First things first. It would be anachronistic to claim that 9/11 "truth" was alt-right originally, since the alt-right didn't exist in 2001. Back then, this far-right tribe consisted of lolbertarians who had a crush on Ron Paul and/or Alex Jones. And it took them 10-12 years to grow annoyed with Austrian economics and illuminati esoterica, which they eventually ditched or sublimated into memes. Yet the explicit images of bogeymen like Soros and Rothschild had staying power as avatars of ZOG, and an arm of the modern far-right was born.

With that in mind, feel free to present quotes by Rosie O'Donnell (lol) that would place her in this tribe of far-right extremists. My guess is that you're confusing stupid statements (building 7?) with that of an actual narrative reflecting the paranoid style of American politics, which is the line separating kooky skepticism from conspiracy theory.

Lastly, and out of interest, what's with the impromptu white-knighting? What are you getting at here?

I don't think I was claiming that Rosie O'Donnell was alt-right? I was using it to take issue with the implication that 9/11 trutherism is exclusive with the alt-right. I don't think that it is. Although, I can see how it might be a gateway to Alex Jones, and could perhaps, through that channel, lead people to the alt-right. I suspect 9/11 trutherism boosted the popularity of Alex Jones.

Drapeaux

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I don't think I was claiming that Rosie O'Donnell was alt-right? I was using it to take issue with the implication that 9/11 trutherism is exclusive with the alt-right. I don't think that it is. Although, I can see how it might be a gateway to Alex Jones, and could perhaps, through that channel, lead people to the alt-right. I suspect 9/11 trutherism boosted the popularity of Alex Jones.

It seems likely that anyone who still believes in 9/11 trutherism after all this time, especially since it's been so thoroughly debunked, is being intentionally dense or obfuscatory or choosing to blind themselves to reality in order not to deviate from their understanding of politics. Lefties who were confused about 9/11 back in the day were likely just that - confused - and odds are they've rectified that confusion by now with a little critical thought. If not, they're just bandwagon hoppers, and don't really deserve to be associated with any ideology.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If not, they're just bandwagon hoppers, and don't really deserve to be associated with any ideology.

Being the cynical fuck I am, I suspect there are a lot of bandwagon hoppers.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, without a doubt. I wish they'd pick a seat. Life isn't supposed to be a game of musical chairs.

It just bugs me, because I'm suspicious of people who don't seem to know why they believe what they do.

raskol

I don't think I was claiming that Rosie O'Donnell was alt-right?
Without presenting any evidence, you claimed that she was a 9/11 truther, i.e., someone who adheres to the aforementioned cabal narrative, which would tie her in with the far-right. That's the key.

I was using it to take issue with the implication that 9/11 trutherism is exclusive with the alt-right. I don't think that it is.
Since 9/11 "truth" relied on the aforementioned cabal narrative, it was exclusively far-right from the get-go. However, since 2016 it is exclusively alt-right. And the narrative no longer involves "shape-shifting lizards" and "Satan-worshiping globalists," but Mossad and the Deep State conducting an "inside job" in order to justify "wars for Israel." This is what it means today, a narrative that is as intrinsic to the alt-right as that of measuring IQ scores between races.

Although, I can see how it might be a gateway to Alex Jones, and could perhaps, through that channel, lead people to the alt-right. I suspect 9/11 trutherism boosted the popularity of Alex Jones.
The libertarian-to-alt-right pipeline captures the formation of a greater far-right tribe, which is why Alex Jones has come under greater scrutiny than ever before. But I'm assuming you're still in that early millennial mindset, thinking that this is all about marketing and clickbait; if that's the case, you need an update.

Lastly, what is presented in this thread is a basic algorithm that captures tribal identity, and a certain someone is not responding well to it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Evil and a Heathen
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Without presenting any evidence, you claimed that she was a 9/11 truther, i.e., someone who adheres to the aforementioned cabal narrative, which would tie her in with the far-right. That's the key.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...he-official-911-story/?utm_term=.b1bcadc31e88

Might be a paywall.

I brought her up because her and Donald Trump have feuded for a long time, at least back to when Trump had his stupid TV show.

Since 9/11 "truth" relied on the aforementioned cabal narrative, it was exclusively far-right from the get-go. However, since 2016 it is exclusively alt-right. And the narrative no longer involves "shape-shifting lizards" and "Satan-worshiping globalists," but Mossad and the Deep State conducting an "inside job" in order to justify "wars for Israel." This is what it means today, a narrative that is as intrinsic to the alt-right as that of measuring IQ scores between races.

It doesn't. It depends on who they think planned it. A lot of the truther's thought someone like Cheney or Rumsfeld is responsible, ignoring the fact that they could just be opportunists who exploited the situation to get what they wanted anyway. Which actually makes more sense, because if they faked it, why did none of the hijackers come from Iraq? That would have been a lot more convincing to more people.

The libertarian-to-alt-right pipeline captures the formation of a greater far-right tribe, which is why Alex Jones has come under greater scrutiny than ever before. But I'm assuming you're still in that early millennial mindset, thinking that this is all about marketing and clickbait; if that's the case, you need an update.

Perhaps, but I have no clue what the bolded is supposed to mean or why it is significant. Alex Jones came under scrutiny because he's become more popular and because he's had a larger impact on the political scene as a consequence. I'm not sure what the existence of a "far-right" tribe is supposed to mean.

I tend to ignore usage of the labels "far-right" or "far-left". It's not because they don't exist, but because it's usually used more to influence the opinion of the reader than actually describe something.

I'd maintain that someone who voted for Gary Johnson because they like pot and don't like taxes, Hillary, or Trump is different from the incel and Proud Boy wannabe-stomtrooper dipshits. Not that I agree with the former; it's just that lumping them into a " greater far-right tribe" doesn't actually describe anything. They don't associate with the same people or even vote the same, so why is it a useful description?

Lastly, what is presented in this thread is a basic algorithm that captures tribal identity, and a certain someone is not responding well to it.

?
I'm not in the algorithm, because I haven't liked a single post for at least a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.