• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Thyroid Health

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tried in vain in the UK to buy iodine from my chemists; a couple of chemists I tried hadn't even heard of iodine, which alarmed me slightly, (I mean, how can you not have heard of iodine)?! - little-lone work in a chemist and not know what iodine is?!. I gave up when I found a chemist with someone who had heard of it who informed me they've stopped selling it for a couple of months now (so I'm only a couple of months late Vs. all of human history).. I tried my luck at a health food and food supplement store/Holland and Barrett, who had it; The health food shop (not my chemist/pharmacy) has it and they won't sell it to me/anyone unless I/whoever wants it checks with my/their doctor first; I haven't done that, yet..
I understand why, there is a real window of iodine dosage between iodine deficiency, thyroid health, and having too much is like not having enough; 150μg is the recommended daily dose of iodine, and since I only found iodine in multivitamin pill form, and syrup like supplement; I know what the doctor's going to say knowing I have those (not together, anymore)... as well as iodine from protein shakes called Nurishment (no O in Nurishment, it's a trademarked beverage that has 'grabs a can to read it' 31.5μg iodine).. My multivitamin has 150μg, the syrup has 80μg per 1.6 teaspoon.