• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Murder of George Floyd & Subsequent Protests/Riots

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my opinion the George Floyd uproar is way out of hand. People are combating a lack of empathy with more lack of empathy, taking things out on people who didn't commit the crimes, or just affecting them as a consequence of inconsiderate and barbaric actions that weren't thought through. That one guy's life's work went up in flames. Cops who don't agree with the crimes committed are being punished for them. I'm trying to have some faith in humanity but it doesn't seem it's going to happen. The condition of the heart is a plague itself, always spreading. One after another, peoples' hearts grow cold and it all just snowballs from there.

Hopefully this restores some of your faith:

A group of guys formed a circle around an officer who was separated from his group to protect him:

xlb412dhc0251.jpg

Another angle of the group of black men protecting the cop who got separated : nextfuckinglevel

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
All the true believers on my FB feed are virtue signaling their lack of racism by condoning then encouraging the mass rioting and looting of the entire country. I don't even know what to say, I just stare at it flabbergasted. I realize the left depends on the existence of racism to justify its very existence, but going out of your way to manufacture it by having a mob of black people destroy towns is just.... wow. I can't even get my arms up for a slow clap. I always knew it was a toxic seed, but even I never thought it would grow into something this bad.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All the true believers on my FB feed are virtue signaling their lack of racism by condoning then encouraging the mass rioting and looting of the entire country. I don't even know what to say, I just stare at it flabbergasted. I realize the left depends on the existence of racism to justify its very existence, but going out of your way to manufacture it by having a mob of black people destroy towns is just.... wow. I can't even get my arms up for a slow clap. I always knew it was a toxic seed, but even I never thought it would grow into something this bad.

I don't think it's even remotely that simple. Regardless of political leanings, violent, stunted people will always resort to & encourage destructive behaviors whenever the opportunity presents itself. The people on your feed are part of the problem, but I don't think they are representative of millions of people with "left" leanings. If that were the case, this country would have burned a long time ago.

Social media and these bandwagon-hopping attention grabbing/virtue signalling morons encouraging violence to stop violence are definitely a huge problem, though.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

isn't America great now, lol? I've heard lots of Trump supporters say they wanted to watch the world burn. I guess they hadn't considered how they would react if things were actually on fire.

Lark

In my opinion the George Floyd uproar is way out of hand. People are combating a lack of empathy with more lack of empathy, taking things out on people who didn't commit the crimes, or just affecting them as a consequence of inconsiderate and barbaric actions that weren't thought through. That one guy's life's work went up in flames. Cops who don't agree with the crimes committed are being punished for them. I'm trying to have some faith in humanity but it doesn't seem it's going to happen. The condition of the heart is a plague itself, always spreading. One after another, peoples' hearts grow cold and it all just snowballs from there.

I'm inclined to agree but for years now the seemingly spontaneous outrage and rioting on the back of incidents, world trade conferences, name it, have had not so spontaneous out of state elements swelling their ranks and engaging in as much vandalism, looting or whatever as they can.

Check any BLM riot and I'm willing to bet you're going to discover guys that no one knows there, anon white guy, who has been primed online by an equally anonymous source and convinced he's part of a secret war in which only he can save anyone he cares about.

Its the same as the ostensibly anarchist black bloc in the nineties demos against corporate sponsored globalization whose loose membership was frequently swollen by white nationalists of one sort of another.

Lark

Doesnt sound like something the political left would find desirable, sounds like something the political right would consider a net gain to be going on.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm inclined to agree but for years now the seemingly spontaneous outrage and rioting on the back of incidents, world trade conferences, name it, have had not so spontaneous out of state elements swelling their ranks and engaging in as much vandalism, looting or whatever as they can.

Check any BLM riot and I'm willing to bet you're going to discover guys that no one knows there, anon white guy, who has been primed online by an equally anonymous source and convinced he's part of a secret war in which only he can save anyone he cares about.

Its the same as the ostensibly anarchist black bloc in the nineties demos against corporate sponsored globalization whose loose membership was frequently swollen by white nationalists of one sort of another.

That's true... there are some reports that something like this is going on. It's not 100% clear at the moment.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The National Guard is in full force in Minneapolis to take out the white supremacist groups. I hope they can be taken out and not just flee. I feel some fear they could go to the smaller communities like the one where I live scattered about outside the Twin Cities to continue damage and make it harder to control if scattered.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Doesnt sound like something the political left would find desirable, sounds like something the political right would consider a net gain to be going on.

Maybe, but I assure you this is not a gain that the right in general desires. Most of us still put property rights and the rule of law above politics.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe, but I assure you this is not a gain that the right in general desires. Most of us still put property rights and the rule of law above politics.

Naw, one right wing member on this site was positively gleeful at the thought of a civil war. There's something to what Lark is saying.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
John Cusack faces police batons, gets sprayed with pepper spray while filming Chicago protests

This actually happened. It's disorienting to scroll through Cusack's Twitter feed.

I wasn't there, so I don't know if the crowds really were moving towards Trump's building (or if it's really the reason most of the bridges in Chicago were raised last night) - but I do know most of the bridges were raised, and earlier in the day there was a large crowd 'taking a knee' there (near tacky gold "TRUMP" sign on building).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In not sure what's more disturbing: this^, or the fact that William Barr is trying hard to sell the narrative that it's actually Antifa and "radical left" forces behind all of it. (Will edit to add links, not working on phone right now).

When Trump or for that matter, Barr, scream ANTIFA, they mean everyone that is against this and/or marching in protest unified and loud. Anyone left of them. But I certainly don't mind being tagged an anti-fascist at all. No one should, unless they are a fascist or support fascist ideas that don't impact them (there is much to read on the history of that fact for anyone that is skeptical that fascism can be supported with dollars and silence). Read about the Three Arrows or other groups that are anti-Stalinist and anti-reactive conservatives - many examples of those people at this point.

But yes it's really disturbing that this administration takes steps to become more authoritarian and more tyrannical as the days pass. Even without protests and unrest, this is simply a more attractive excuse for them and their supporters.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
If we can somehow find a way to blame these riots on white supremacists will this make the riot condoning, Boston tea party comparing, property rights shouldn't exist suggesting, feelings-justify-any-action mentality from the mainstream left suddenly abort itself?

If so, I'm all for it. Fuck all the racists and especially the ones responsible for the riots!! Lets round up all 12 of them and put this shit behind us.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If we can somehow find a way to blame these riots on white supremacists will this make the riot condoning, Boston tea party comparing, property rights shouldn't exist suggesting, feelings-justify-any-action mentality from the mainstream left suddenly abort itself?

If so, I'm all for it. Fuck all the racists and especially the ones responsible for the riots!! Lets round up all 12 of them and put this shit behind us.

Proud Boys dressed as Black Bloc in Portland. Have at them champ.

EZUK0X0UcAAcNpG