• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Te Worries

winkingsally

MBTI Type
INFP
We have a penchant for delusion and not grasping reality. I feel weak/vulnerable because of this. I am often wrong and slow and unrealistic. I have a high IQ but that doesn't seem to matter. I don't need to be the smartest person in the room but I'm tired of being a moron. I am very depressed and feel useless. I also feel like everything I ever wanted is stupid and people only like me because I seem innocent and remind them of times before they actually understood things.

I'm guessing other INFPs cope with this?
How?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why is this Te worries?

Also, people who are living beyond the bounds of perceptive reality on a realistic level based on self-defined scale of realism over anti-realism have a positive trait in both creativity, imagination, perceptive enjoyment and self-held coping mechanisms of a harshness of the external world. Living perceptively alternate to what you perceive as more realistic is partly a way to deal with such sensitivity so embrace it more and learn to shift emotion based on it's control. I have never really been depressed in my life for as long as I can remember but that's also with the grasp of those shifts. My life has dealt with a lot of things that would make me highly depressed but... well... it's all fun.

Were you depressed as a child? Does the depressing come from the new things life throws at you like responsibilities and because you feel like you're innocent and a child you get depressed because it's all too overwhelming?

winkingsally

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm sorry if I misled you with "Te worries" as the title, I just meant it's worrying that logic is inferior in my stack. It is apparently very primitive and difficult to access. It's like the logic of a child.

And part of being an INFP is thinking about everything being related to values & how those values will achieve an idealistic vision. As an INFP, if there is nothing I believe in there is literally no reason I want to live. As an INTJ you may not relate to this, I've read NTs greatest goals are acquiring knowledge and efficiency: overcoming challenges for the challenges themselves. Those are neither things I am particularly good at nor interested in.

It can all be fun for you, but unless I feel like there is some meaning, some hope for the future of humanity that I can help influence, I am pointless. It's like as children we started to think this way, finding values somewhat arbitrarily, and then they define who we are. But when the smarter INFPs hit their 20s, they realize their values are arbitrary and most of their perceptions are based on a delusional, very shallow worldview and self-image.

It's true many INFPs struggle with growing up and responsibilities. Most Ps do. That is an issue for me but it is not the main reason why I am depressed. I am depressed that people close to me think of me as a child, smart-but-dumb and that I am vulnerable to many things because of the way my mind works. I feel like I have no control and I am incompetent. I also feel much more pessimistic about the world in general.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm sorry if I misled you with "Te worries" as the title, I just meant it's worrying that logic is inferior in my stack. It is apparently very primitive and difficult to access. It's like the logic of a child.

And part of being an INFP is thinking about everything being related to values & how those values will achieve an idealistic vision. As an INFP, if there is nothing I believe in there is literally no reason I want to live. As an INTJ you may not relate to this, I've read NTs greatest goals are acquiring knowledge and efficiency: overcoming challenges for the challenges themselves. Those are neither things I am particularly good at nor interested in.

It can all be fun for you, but unless I feel like there is some meaning, some hope for the future of humanity that I can help influence, I am pointless. It's like as children we started to think this way, finding values somewhat arbitrarily, and then they define who we are. But when the smarter INFPs hit their 20s, they realize their values are arbitrary and most of their perceptions are based on a delusional, very shallow worldview and self-image.
Ah, it is wiser not label me an INTJ and quickly assume the things I may strive to do and it's reasons. I try to empathise with the troubles you hold and hope to come to held ideas about the possibilities of the 'why's, 'how's, 'could's and 'would's in perhaps a novel manner that would not seem like recurring cliches of thought. Needless to say, my troubled moments were not of course fun. It is a word I use to override the troublesome recurrence of memories and a little satirical too.

To recognise delusion is good because it would make you more perceptive of other possible delusions that may arise. Every suffering tolerated only builds up the strength of that tolerance and may work for future occurrences, but only if you keep hold of that tolerance until you are able to remove such troubles by what you can do. I have been deluded many times before but such is what everyone would go through... only some never manage to release themselves from that delusion. It may be blissful at times.

Though the issue when self-respect and self-esteem is lost is to try and redeem what you can of it by noticing the good you've done in the smallest of scales. It should be your first and main focus to rebuild over the other issues you may have. To redesign a formula of allowing yourself the happiness of being purposeful to even the smallest of things. If something is broken you can try to fix it. If someone needs the tiniest bit of help in something you can offer a hand in that small tiny bit of help. If an ant is lost you can bring it back to its ant nest. Think up a short story you think would make an absolutely amazing book, etc. Many tiny things to focus on may help increase your own self-esteem and self-respect. But you should try to identify what it is that would make you respect and be happy with yourself on the smallest scale first... start there. The more you do the greater the snowball of ease it is to heighten you abilities to do more.

It's true many INFPs struggle with growing up and responsibilities. Most Ps do. That is an issue for me but it is not the main reason why I am depressed. I am depressed that people close to me think of me as a child, smart-but-dumb and that I am vulnerable to many things because of the way my mind works. I feel like I have no control and I am incompetent. I also feel much more pessimistic about the world in general.
No control... like will power? I've had issues with this before. What is your environment at the moment may I ask? What kind of people do you speak to? Are you working? College?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We have a penchant for delusion and not grasping reality. I feel weak/vulnerable because of this. I am often wrong and slow and unrealistic. I have a high IQ but that doesn't seem to matter. I don't need to be the smartest person in the room but I'm tired of being a moron. I am very depressed and feel useless. I also feel like everything I ever wanted is stupid and people only like me because I seem innocent and remind them of times before they actually understood things.

How?

I'm not an INFP. Sometimes the best way to get something done is to start small. Don't think about the goal; just be realistic about your circumstances, and accomplish the simplest thing you can given those parameters.

Second, reward yourself when you do accomplish something. Be mindful of what and how much you do each day. If you're stuck in your own head, it's easy to go on autopilot and not recognize how much you get done all the time.

Finally, being productive has a compounding effect, meaning having patient with incremental gains as well as occasional setbacks. If you try something and it doesnt work out the WORST thing you can do is personalize that perceived failure. Doing is not about getting it perfect; its about progress and experience. The only way you can't get where you want to be is to never start at all.

Jaguar

Tell me you have no imagination, then worry.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Hi [MENTION=24819]winkingsally[/MENTION],

Well, first off am sending you this: :hug:

I hear you.

I don't have time for a big reply atm but may I ask your age? It will help me share some thoughts later.

Last edited:

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp

How?
D:< I used to always get bullied because of this. Everyone took advantage of my extreme shyness and passivity. And unfortunately the world runs on Te-dom which is the opposite of Fi Dom-Ne. But our thinking functions are naturally weakest because we're more subconscious of them. However, we INFps usually have high IQs and at least we're the opposite of arrogant, obnoxious extroverts (probably unhealthy EXTJ). Also, we are very independent (Fi-Dom) so we don't seek the need for attention at all. And since you have a high IQ, it definitely matters and I think you just need to focus and work hard. Hope that helps :)

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
...try and try again till something sticks.