• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survey about celebrities

I read about celebrities

• I read everything I can get my hands on about most celebrities.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on the celebrity but yes I will read about them.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • I only read about them when I'm bored.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but when it's shoved in my face sometimes I read about them.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Only when something of interest to me happens to them.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • No, never. I could care less.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anonymous poll.

Who here is interested in celebrities lives? What makes people interested in their lives?

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I liked Celebrity Survey on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. :D

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I answered "No, but when it's shoved in my face sometimes I read about them." (which probably works out to be about once every couple of months for 15 or so mins - damn yahoo mail).

To be honest, I would be fine with never reading about them again, but today I am pondering what makes a person even interested in them? I have read/watched them with interest before but I can't quite pinpoint what it is that made me interested. I think it's a little bit more than your run of the mill nosey-ness or boredom.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"Only when something of interest to me happens to them."

I like a few celebrities whose talents I appreciate, who do good humanitarian things, or whose style I would like to emulate. Sometimes I flip through the magazines when I'm in line at the supermarket and they have articles about celebrity weddings, since I have a pet interest in wedding planning. So I'll look them up and read a little when I'm drawn to something related to them.

But for the most part celebrities seem fairly irrelevant to my life.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Cheating and partner changing episodes sometimes get me interested, but my primary interest is human behavior.

Nicodemus

I read about people I am interested in for as long as I am interested in what I read about them; and if they are not celebrities, I talk to or stalk them.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I answered "Only when something of interest to me happens to them", i.e. if a headline catches my eye, or if a celebrity of interest is wrapped up in something that piques my interest, to the extent that I want to see how the saga ends.

Generally, what makes me more interested in particular celebrities is 1) them being crazy/messed up/in a bad situation; or 2) them being really cool, down-to-earth people. Re: #1, I followed Joaquin Phoenix, Amy Winehouse, and Charlie Sheen, during their respective downward spirals, because I wanted to know if they'd get better (or, in Joaquin Phoenix's case, to see if it was a publicity stunt -- which it was, in the end). Re: #2, I think Jennifer Lawrence is awesome and I find her extremely refreshing.

Edit:
To be honest, I would be fine with never reading about them again, but today I am pondering what makes a person even interested in them? I have read/watched them with interest before but I can't quite pinpoint what it is that made me interested. I think it's a little bit more than your run of the mill nosey-ness or boredom.
I've read that it has something to do with a clan/group instinct, where we feel personally invested in those who are prettier/more athletic/more charming/generally "superior", because they're like our leaders? Or at least, our gut tells us that they're our leaders, and we should keep track of them.

Dunno where I read that, though.

G

garbage

Many celebrities become celebrities and maintain celebrity status because they're celebrities. I don't know how that makes any sense, but that's what happens--they're self-sustaining systems.

There are multiple shows about celebrity diving contests. Y'know, literal diving.

Couldn't give a damn.

To be honest, I would be fine with never reading about them again, but today I am pondering what makes a person even interested in them?
+1