• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Recommend and audio book for an upcoming trip

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
we're driving to pittsburgh on wed, and i want to get an audio book for the time we're on backroads which will be between clarksville and bowling green anyone have any recs, my mom likes mystery i like almost anything. if not that's cool

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I decided on "Murder on the Orient Express" but do i want the audio book or the BBC radio drama?

Lark

I just donated three different titles to the charity shop Prpz, if I'd know I could have mailed you them, one was lost connections, another was about kirkegaard, it was a biography, the final was about phishing. I mainly like to listen to non-fiction audiobooks, there were MP3 DVDs which is a single disk but it can carry the content of a bunch of separate CDs.

You can get them for less than twenty pounds on amazon. The quality varies a bit, even when its the author themselves making the recording, like the Lost Connections book. I recently ordered Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court narrated by Nick Offerman because I like both the story and Offerman's character Ron Swanson, in the Parks and Rec show.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The best audio book I've listened to would be either Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov or Gravity's Rainbow by Thomas Pynchon. They're a bit long, though, so, if you like horror, you might prefer to try listening to some recordings, available on Youtube, of short stories by H.P. Lovecraft.