• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RBF is real

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Wait... there are people who don't think resting bitchface is a real thing? And that you should just trying smiling to fix it??

I mean... my resting bitchface is just my neutral expression, not because I'm upset or anything. It's my "I'm content" face. It takes constantly active attention to smile. I've gone through whole job interviews without smiling because if I'm not constantly thinking about it, I slip back into my neutral resting bitchface. (Still got hired though because I am friendly :wink:)

Interesting read though. I don't know if I believe it's inherited or whatever. My sister has it too, but not my parents.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another thing to worry about. :| <- That's a mean face, not neutral. :dry: :mellow:

View attachment 15429

#foreveractuallyhasapictureagain
#restingbitchface
#dontmesswithme
#iamonlytryingtobesincere

09-bitch-faces-2.w529.h352.2x.jpg

á´…eparted

passages
I don't have resting bitch face, I have resting stereotypical INTP face (as I explain it anyway). My face gives away my underlying feeling waaaay too much. It is annoying!

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of course it's real, I remember reading an article few months ago about its connectivity to the lack of certain nutritions, I know that some people find it so hard to smile, I've heard of a man with a blank face who had been transferred to the hospital after suffering of some cramps in his chest because he laughed, so of course he decided to never do that again.
I'm a smiley face, my husband have fallen in love with me because of my smile, when I see my face in the mirror the first unconscious reaction is that I smile, if my eyes accidentally have a contact with a person my immediate reaction is a little smiling then looking away, although it's not a big smile or else it'd be weird..
And my face is way too expressive..
Edit: try to smile people, seriously, it's better for your health it's illuminating, if you can't then just fake one! it's so awkward for me at least to deal with someone who can't smile and have a dead facial expressions, specially if they keep annoyingly glowering at my face analyzing it , when I sense that I just run away..

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I have a resting sad face. It's like I always look like I'm in some sort of melancholy haze. Then people are like, "What's wrong?" And when I say nothing, they say, "I know it's not nothing."

It's nothing.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a resting depressed/sultry sort of expression. My face is pretty intense.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Honestly, this is hardly an issue unique to women. A lot of men have neutral expressions which give off unfortunate vibes. I have mentioned in the past how people often think I am feeling sad, presumably because I have very liquid eyes. My way of countering that is to smile when I talk to someone. And of course, people just like people who smile more. Why? Because if somebody smiles at you, you feel affirmed and accepted.

RBF isn't some incurable disease, so let's show perspective here. The victimhood is strong.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Oh man, I hadn't seen that clip since it first made the rounds- funny that one of the women in it is that super adorable chirpy AT&T spokeswoman. I actually love her, she's like the non-annoying version of Flo from Progressive. It's funny to think of that character having RBF.

For the record I have this, big time.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Kullervo, I guess you haven't watched the video, there's a male version called resting asshole face.

Edit: Or read the article, which talks about both men and women. (Kanye is the patron saint of RBF!)

Or realized it's supposed to be funny and nobody actually considers themselves a "victim" of it.