• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please Help

Hopeful

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
I kindly ask for assistance in my MBTI typing.
I should give some details before I launch into the meat of this post. I am not a teenager and the on the wrong side of Twenty Five. I have been doing lurking and researching and I believe I have come to the point I am seriously overthinking the issues. I am very sure of my Ennegram type, Big Five and socionics, results I list at the end.

0. What's making you unsure of your type? What research have you already done to determine type?
The most common results I get as I/E NF P/J. As for research, I have looked at the functions mainly and trying to asses what I use. This is what is making me go round in circles. I swear that my pertinacity to compare and contrast is Ne, then I have heard that it is similar to Si at work. I could for that same thing, say that I defiantly cannot have Fe high as Fi, as I cherish individualism amongst all things. I don't know if I mimic emotions or absorb them, and every statement about it is confusing. In other words I know one thing. My NF is certainly higher then my ST traits.

1. Establish a "baseline mood"--when you're at home with nothing to do, where are you at mentally and emotionally? What do you notice in yourself? (Note, this is not a mood you inhabit "frequently", but your psychological baseline).
Nothing to do is something I tend to avoid. When I’m stressed, having nothing to do starts to send that part of my head which goes over things again off. I know that part of me then looks for reasons why something went wrong and which parts of myself I have to fix.
Not only that, I got way too much to do. Even when I’m not stressed my imagination kicks into gear and I start working on ideas for stories to write or plot lines for the RP’s. My emotions then follow in suit in whatever I’m thinking. I notice that I feel first and then put a name to it, especially in sorting out my characters.
And just to add a third to it, if I’m not feeling in the mood, for one reason or another I will find sleep the best option. All in all I try and keep my time busy. Though procrastinating on the wrong sort of busy happens.

2. Describe yourself--
a. What's it like to be you?
Awful? Imagine a world where your emotions are the sea, and you’re the tidal break that they break on. Most of the times its stemming back that tide. Along with putting everyone off the scent of who I am. Well, having one hell of a imagination as well. It goes dark places. The main driving force that I mostly feel that there is something missing in me and I have no idea what it is. I guess it's self-esteem.
b. What have others said about you?
The ones that don’t know me say I’m a two year old. I’m energetic, talkative and the one that can’t sit still. The other that do know me, say I’m individualist, idealistic and damn well to emotional. Some have said that I follow my own path.
c. What do you think of yourself?
I still don’t who am I. That’s what’s annoying. I acknowledge what people say about me, and all the levels I have. But I don’t know whats the mask and whats the core yet too well to say what’s one and what’s the other. I do know that I am the quiet one that has a perhaps too strong moral convictions on life. I am, as one song put it, the great pretender.

3. What are the issues you've dealt with in life? List some recurrent themes, and tell us a little about each one.
Control. As a child I was controlled in everything, from what colours I wore to what I should think and behave. When it comes to authority figures I have been under strict control and that includes of my work bosses who decided to humiliate me in front of the public. I have lot of problems with trusting authority figures.
Trust. I have problems with trust, when it comes to co-workers. Since of them decided that getting a bus home was more important than me potentially having an asthma attack, and then saying later when I caught up with her, those words. I don’t trust people. I have told by my mother that I have trust issues ever since I was a child and long before my earliest memories. She says that I would imagine the worst possibilities of seeing people walk down the street.
Blaming myself for every problem that goes awry and the need to fix my personality. That includes denying a good portion of myself that goes along with. Also to go along with that doubting myself constantly. My parents wanted me to be very different to what I was. For years I was a child that wanted to play video games, watch classically 'Boy' films, and read books. I was always called a freak, and that I should be interested in fashion or this or that. Not cars and sports. I tried to act like I was genuinely enjoying the more girl aspects but honestly, I couldn't. Until my parents started to see I wasn't the only one that liked the things I do, then they calmed down and respected that I am not like them at all.

4. You're not good at everything--
a. What personality traits and/or ways of being are impossible for you to adopt?
Taking a leash to my emotions. Not expressing my anger and just letting it build up and then explode in a spectacular fashion usually not aimed at the right person or for the right thing. Not be so emotional. Trusting people, if that's considered a trait. Getting whats in the my head to come out into reality.
b. What are qualities you'd like to have, but can't seem to develop?
Those before. Being able to look at things rationally and able to internally seeing the inconsistencies. Having a good handle on my emotions. Not being so procrastinating on things I really don't want to do.

5. Why have you left friends and other relationships in the past and/or why have they left you?
The only time I leave friendships is if they manage to break my honour code. In an above example I stated about a co-worker who walked off on me when I was having a choking fit. Luckily it was nothing serious. That and when I questioned her motive and realised that she was not who I thought she was, I pulled away. Most of the times, I have to feel someone completely out before I let them come close. If I feel threatened I close the book and wall away.

6. Which types do you identify with most?
I/E NF P/J
a. How do you relate to these types?
I am outgoing and hardworking. I can read people and because of the circumstances that I was brought up with learnt not to make waves and keep the harmony of the group. I am feelings heavy the fact that I constantly complain about my emotions. I have an wonderful world that is my retreat and my imagination is my safety. I live in my head when managing to auto pilot the outside world, I don’t notice it at all. I hate crowds. I procrastinate upon which I can;t say enough. I do make to do lists, and though I'm fine with chaos. I'd rather make a schedule. Most of the time in my life it how I feel. Once I start adding in other people, I take responsibility in getting the stuff done.
b. How do you NOT relate to them?
The nuances are the devil in the details. For ENFP/ENFJ, I'm not that much of an extrovert. I do know them in my workplaces and can only deal with them in extremely small doses. They overwhelm me so much, that I just wish they would bug someone else for more then a moment. Sure I can do the keep everyone feelings happy, but that starts to bug me when it gets in the way of getting something done. As for the organising part of the J stuff. I actually have lists but have little successes in making them an actuality. Making them real and tangible is something I'm working constantly on. The other must be the fact that I am not sure whether I mimic emotions in a person or absorb them. I heavily beginning to suspect I do absorb emotions, but because of the battleground my own emotions normally are, I just don't notice it. I should make a clear note here that I actually don't rely on Intuition alone. If my gut says something, anything at all. I will look for the logic, facts and anything else before making a decision. For example I see a Video game that looks good. Before I buy it of the off chance if it good, i check reviews. Gut reactions can be wrong after all.

7. Which types are least like you?
Anything Sensory dominant and Thinking dominant
a. Why specifically do you not relate to these types?
Sensory is simple. I don’t really look at the world and remember specific details of things that are mundane. I can barely remember what a person looked like. In that way I remember obtuse things like what they’re order was. I can't be bothered keeping up with the latest trend. I don't see much of a point in this whole keeping up with the Jones's superficial absurdity. Did I mention I have zero spacial awareness and completely a klutz. I put something down and then spend the next five minutes looking for it.
Thinking heavy is because I get caught up in thinking in circles and need to write them down to get my thought in any sort of coherent order.
b. What points (if any) DO you relate to?
If Ne is Si or not. For example recently I got told of a anime was 'dark and edgy' The first thing I did was compare it to what I already know and have seen. Such as listing of experiences. I know that I can use logic and reason much like anyone else. Where it's Ti or Te I wouldn't truly know. I do when say learning about a subject I read the instructions manual. I do like taking an idea part to its core basics and then pulling it back together with different principles in place. Oh and can study something so much I forget that my brain refuses to stop working, even when the rest of my body wants to go sleep.

8. They claim enneagram type is a hidden love need. What are your attitudes toward finding love?
Not actively seeking it. Since I’m so cautious on just letting anyone become my friend, I think that any match of mine would be based on personality. I want that deep connection; I want someone that I can talk to about anything. I want someone to support me and not suffocate me. And as work acquaintances call it, being too much of a romantic.

9. What is the message your superego tells you?

Consider a time when you felt poorly about yourself--this means your ego (i.e. YOU) is receiving negative feedback from your superego. Write a conversation between the two of them--what is your superego telling you about how to be? (Note: this obviously is very personal and may be better done privately. Report your findings).

I would get banned if I wrote the actual wording since swearing is heavily dependent. My Superego, I guess that’s the nasty little voice in my head – would tell me how I did something wrong. I was too little of X, or too much of Y. That’s why it failed, that’s why it’s my fault. I need to change that X and Y. Then depending on what it is ways to flagellation I into achieving that state. Any deviation form it is meant with yet more way to punish myself. I have talked back to it before, but usually it wins. It’s got all the rationale for starters compared to my feelings. Most of my childhood was in a perpetual state of this.

For the following, rank the issues in the order they apply and give a brief description of why and how you relate.

10. Determine your ego ideal--the way you strive to be and want others to perceive you. (Note, you may be consciously aware of failing at this, and you will be hard on yourself if you do. If someone else tells you you're NOT this way, it may make you feel hurt, violated, or angry.)

Which of the following ideals resonate with you the most, and why? Rank them.

To be sensitive, Original, unique and creative.
To be devoted to and loyal to a cause.
To be knowledgable.
to be "okay", having it together
to strive to become/behave like a good person
to be a loveable person
to be loving and benevolent
to be accomplished and successful
to be powerful, strong, unassailable

First I want to be me, and it hurts me to be defined that I am ordinary. That I am asleep at the wheel and not aware of my own personalty and how my mind works. My friend coins people who are not aware as sheep. After that I would says it loyalty. I am loyal person, something I can't help either. After that then the usual to be a good person and to treat people with respect. To treat others politely and not be rude. I don't care much about power it just corrupts anyways. Physical success I don't much care about. The only success I really care is improving myself and those i care about.

11. Determine your "felt sense" of life. To do this it may help to look at how you perceive events. Another way to do this is to look back at your childhood and think of all the things your parents did to you. How did you/do you feel about these events?

Here are some common "felt senses" of life:

- I must do everything to maintain my world
- I have a sense of being unimportant, insignificant, and underving of attention
- I feel imperfect, not (good) enough
- I have been abandoned and I am inherently flawed
- I'm outside the natural unfoldment of things
- People have wronged and messed with me
- I feel isolated, cut off, and ultimately separate
- I have felt weak and/or vulnerable to attack
- I've had a sense of being rejectible

The first thing that comes to mind is that I never felt good enough. My parents would say that they should do it, since I obviously couldn’t. When I was given any decision I would bubble over with the possibilities of it, and I couldn’t decide. I wanted my room to be all sort of blank and purple and pink and red and blue and- Then one of my parents would take the decision away from me because I was taking it too far. I felt useless, worthless and being bullied then let down by people. I felt as if they is no hope in life and goodness in me. I felt like I was the worst person in the world and any other then me, had a second chance. I didn’t deserve one. These feeling were then ammo for my super-ego to start with the 'Dissection of the soul' I spent too many years reforging and suppressing part of myself, bottling emotions and well. I'll leave it there.

12. Core fears. You may have been aware of these fears even as a very small child, before anyone did anything to influence it. You'd be mortified to be in this position or have others perceive you this way.

Discuss which fears have played the greatest role in your life:
- Creating conflict by making myself or my needs too obvious
- Rejection, being needy, and not being loved
- Weak and not being on top of things
- Failure
- Being abandoned, sadness, feeling lost
- Entanglements and losing what I have
- Something is basically wrong with me--I'm not good enough
- Boredom, grunt work, and being exposed as a charlatan
- A lot--everything and everyone to one degree or another. It's very generalized.

Being exposed as a charlatan. I’ve been playing at keeping everyone but me happy, then letting it slip I’m not happy is the worst offence I could have created. When that control slipped, it was most certainly letting the mask slip and seeing past those control. I have the core fear of being labelled an idiot. Then course comes the fear of knowing that I have with my anger. Its just descends, and everything is utilised in doing as much damage as possible. I'm incredibly vengeful. The fear that I will fail, I will never find that missing part of me. Heh.

For making it through all of that.
Ennegram: 4w5
Socionics: INFj - EII
Big Five: RLOAI
Function tests: These were taken within minutes of each other
K2C - ENFP with
Se - Limited Use - 18.3
Si - Average use - 25.2
Ne - Excellent use - 40.5
Ni - Limited Use - 24
Te - Average use - 27
Ti - Average use -25.3
Fe - Excellent use - 40.2
Fi - Excellent use - 39.5

Contrast INFP Similar Minds
Se - 20%
Si - 55%
Ne - 70%
Ni - 50%
Te - 40%
Ti - 65%
Fe - 75%
Fi - 95%

Jung Function test:
Fi > Ne > Fe > Ni > Si = Ti > Te = Se (INFP)

I thank you for your assistance. As for intent of this, I want to research how to strengthen the other traits in my head other then the heavily dominant NF part. What I got associate what actions go with what, then I become the best of my potential.
Thank you.

Hopeful

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4W5
Thank you for responding.

I just looked into the Fi-Si loop and that sounds exactly like me, and when I get into one of these moods. It explain a lot of my can easily miss the forest for the trees mode, which I get commented on. Its also shows where my self-destructive tenancies start to develop. The site I went to shows the Fi-Te which is I call work mode.

Thank you again for bringing some clarity to this.