• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please Help Me Figure Out My Type

A Demonic Lover

MBTI Type
xNxP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I was talking about being confused about what MBTI type I am and someone asked if I had made a Type Me thread, and I realized it would be a good idea.
Okay, my confusion lies in multiple things.

1. I am not sure if I am an extrovert or introvert. As a kid, I used to spend all my time on the Internet watching YouTube videos, daydreaming 24/7 about anime, writing about fictional characters, and I hated talking to others. I never interacted with the other kids because I found them boring and annoying. I also was (and I still struggle with this) insecure about my appearance and my lack of social skills (they are not as bad as before). I withdrew because I thought I would have gotten rejected. But I felt miserable with no friends, and once I made some, I was much better (until drama crap). I often used other people's criticisms in order to validate my fears and insecurities. But when I am with my friends and/or people that interest me, I feel energized with them. While I can be alone, I always have to be doing something. Either typing on my phone, listening to loud music, or writing, or playing the piano. Just sitting alone makes me bored, horribly bored. Most of my thoughts and imaginations come from things I have seen online and what I think they CAN become. I remember when I was eight years old, I ran around in circles thinking about if Spongebob had a collaboration with a bunch of anime characters. But like an introvert, I'm naturally private and I often don't share my thoughts because I feel like no one around me is interested or I just lose interest. But when I am in a supportive environment, I'm blunt and forthcoming in my thoughts and I can be very vocal about my thoughts and opinions. Though I try to be open-minded.
  2. I am not sure if I use Ti as a dominant or auxiliary function. I once wrote to an MBTI blog about how I think I am an ENFP but I realized throughout the entire piece, my reason for Fi was because all the things I am into are people-centric systems. I was trying to apply the principles (aka Core things about Fi) and trying to see how it applies to me and my life. I also suck with comforting people. I realized that I was constantly thinking about how something works and I often simplify it, while Ti descriptions seem like they are trying to overcomplicate it. I see Ti as "figuring out how things work and using it to help you". At least, that is what my understanding is. I thought I was an Fi user because I am a generally honest person and don't really care too much about what other people think. But I don't have a defined moral code and I often struggle with being indifferent. My morals don't seem to come from "within". I also lack Te because I don't organize my external world unless I am forced to. I can use Te in school (for assignments) but outside of it I don't. I don't abandon something if it isn't productive in the real world.
  3. I am pretty sure I am not an Ni/Se user. I lack the single-mindedness and I don't get "aha moments really. I also have very little awareness of my environment unless if I consciously force myself to do so.
  4. I believe I have Ne as either my dominant or auxiliary function. I constantly think "what if?" and I'm good at understanding multiple perspectives. I can easily connect things together to form a possible narrative, though I may not care to make it into a reality. I often have a multitude of ideas which I easily get bored from and I struggle with fully completing those ideas when I get bored of them. I believe Si is lower in my stack because I can forget to take care of my physical needs when I get invested in something, I either overindulge or utterly forget to do so. I am terrible with details and get eventually bored with repetitive tasks.

noname3788

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTP

Looking at extroversion as "simply having lots of friends" or "going to parties 24/7" is too simplistic. Extroverts can be like that, but don't have to. In your case, you're energized by taking in new ideas and ideally bouncing them off others to refine them and get more input. Also there's clear evidence of Fe-like behavior as well ("I'm naturally private and I often don't share my thoughts because I feel like no one around me is interested [...]", "I felt miserable with no friends"), and it seems to be quite common for struggling extroverts to mistype as introverts.

I guess I don't need to add anything for N and P preferences. Also, your focus is clearly on thoughts, not on relationships or humanities, although you do care for your friends and having people to talk with. So there's the T over F preference.

A Demonic Lover

MBTI Type
xNxP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENTP

Looking at extroversion as "simply having lots of friends" or "going to parties 24/7" is too simplistic. Extroverts can be like that, but don't have to. In your case, you're energized by taking in new ideas and ideally bouncing them off others to refine them and get more input. Also there's clear evidence of Fe-like behavior as well ("I'm naturally private and I often don't share my thoughts because I feel like no one around me is interested [...]", "I felt miserable with no friends"), and it seems to be quite common for struggling extroverts to mistype as introverts.

I guess I don't need to add anything for N and P preferences. Also, your focus is clearly on thoughts, not on relationships or humanities, although you do care for your friends and having people to talk with. So there's the T over F preference.

Thank you so much! I did begin to wonder if I was an ENTP during/after writing the post. Perhaps I am.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Whats your current age and whats was your age when you typed yourself as INTJ?

There are controversy over the internet and academics about when a person is "mature" enough to be typed.
The only big agreement is mostly that people below 10 year old are too young to be type. Some exception are made by typing community for fictional characters.
Between age 10-19, the controversy really starts. Im a little lazy to quote what I read about that.

Using childhood memories in age below 9 isnt that much useful because of that. Child experiences much things, can have some temporary "phases" and "swings".
In my own opinion, the best age for typing is in the starts of 20´s if there is no significant trauma.
If there is trauma, then the age before the trauma, which is hopefully an age after 10 years old.

A Demonic Lover

MBTI Type
xNxP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Whats your current age and whats was your age when you typed yourself as INTJ? There are controversy over the internet and academics about when a person is "mature" enough to be typed. The only big agreement is mostly that people below 10 year old are too young to be type. Some exception are made by typing community for fictional characters. Between age 10-19, the controversy really starts. Im a little lazy to quote what I read about that. Using childhood memories in age below 9 isnt that much useful because of that. Child experiences much things, can have some temporary "phases" and "swings". In my own opinion, the best age for typing is in the starts of 20´s if there is no significant trauma. If there is trauma, then the age before the trauma, which is hopefully an age after 10 years old.
I'm 15, almost 16 years old. I am aware there is controversy but I do think 15 and a half is old enough to figure out the top two functions at the very least. I first got into MBTI right before middle school, so I did one of those letter type tests and that was the result. I just recently got back into mbti after several years of just not being into it... so I mostly just did this thread out of security. I have not had any childhood trauma that I am aware of. With the exception of the SpongeBob thing, 99% of the stuff I describe is me currently.

A Demonic Lover

MBTI Type
xNxP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
*curiosity not security that was a typo, I am writing on my phone right now.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
While it's far from a deep analysis, I'm going to say INFP! I only say this because of the fact that you admitted to having pretty significant childhood insecurities. In my mind, INFPs/ENFPs (another possibility) exhibit these tendencies when younger, and can carry them into adulthood as well.

Like I said, I'm far from saying INFP is a certainty for you, just something to consider!

A Demonic Lover

MBTI Type
xNxP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
While it's far from a deep analysis, I'm going to say INFP! I only say this because of the fact that you admitted to having pretty significant childhood insecurities. In my mind, INFPs/ENFPs (another possibility) exhibit these tendencies when younger, and can carry them into adulthood as well. Like I said, I'm far from saying INFP is a certainty for you, just something to consider!
Maybe but... insecurities are something pretty much everyone has dealt with as a child. You haven't really included any evidence that confirms I am a dominant Fi user.

batteries included

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Maybe but... insecurities are something pretty much everyone has dealt with as a child. You haven't really included any evidence that confirms I am a dominant Fi user.

Well sure, it's just been my experience that those insecurities are expressed differently with T types.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Is there more info you can post?
Because of that its still isnt enough.