• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

new user ! really lost about my mbti type (questionnaire)

spycist

Hi !! Ok so i don't know how to start this but here's the deal: I've been trying to figure out my type for a long time, and it became frustrating because I still don't know it. I have been typed as many different things: INFP, ENFJ, ENFP and INFJ. There are two thing I'm sure of, I'm an intuitive and a feeler. But the rest remains a mystery as I'm a huge ambivert and most of those types resonate with me in some way. I would be SUPER thankful if you could help me solve this puzzle! here's a questionnaire to help you understand me better:

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

picture here

Ok so, while I'm assuming the caribou is standing on rocks, my first thought was that it looked to be floating on a cloud of smoke and that somehow made me think of christmas.... like, you know, one of the reindeers pulling santa claus' sled (yes, I keep in mind now that it's a caribou, but hey... it works) another thing I wondered for a moment was if this picture was made using photoshop or if it was naturally taken this way. Another question that arises just now is.... how did the photographer get there to take it? the animal seems to be alone. but there could be more nearby or right behind this one. It could also be that it accidentally got away from his group. It's a good picture though it feels like there's something kind of missing, I don't know how to explain it. I like how simple and minimalistic it looks, gives me a feeling of peace and quiet.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I would be very frustrated and worried for several reasons: I really love concerts and if it was my favourite band, I would be very sad if I was to miss it. But I would also be very concerned because well.... to be stuck in the middle of nowhere can never be good. I think I'd try to see if my phone has signal in case whoever is in charge or knows more about vehicles can't fix the problem. If that was the case, I would use it to get a hoist or something and hope it doesn't take too long for it to get to our location. Talking about location, I'd have to talk with my friends to get a clear idea of where we are, I don't think anyone can come for us if we can't be located. I admittedly might look anxious on the outside, but I'd try to keep a calm mind. I would probably still ask too many questions, though.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I would go, I don't mind it at all as long as close friends are there. I don't have many close friends but I try to spend as much time with them as possible when given the chance. I don't drink though. so if the driver can't keep his promise, I'd be the sober friend. Idon't drive either, so that would be another problem... I'd have to make sure SOMEONE other than me that can drive stays sober because even if we can take a cab, the car can't be left abandoned.

wow this answers are all over the place, aren't they?

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I think I'm slightly prone to non-aggressive arguments. I wouldn't say much at first, but if the person insisted on it I would voice my own opinion. Though I think I'd analyse if it would cause conflict within us or not. If I feel like it would, I would maybe still speak but not say much unless I feel like it would be welcomed and not taken the wrong way. Though even then, if it manages to touch a sensitive spot, I can be quite blunt. I can easily turn it into a debate, I love seeing other points of view, but I admit I can get worked up because I tend to have very strong opinions.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

I guess it depends on what it was. But I'd try to learn from it. Try to see things from the different perspectives. This doesn't necessarily mean my opinion will change (though it could, it depends) but i'd have a broader vision of what else is there and how others see the world. Even if i deeply disagree, it's always interesting. Even if certain situations may make me upset, in the end it still is a way to learn. I'd try to see things the way they see it, just to understand where they are coming from.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Oh wow, this is a difficult one. Compassion, integrity, hope, tolerance.

I think most of these things define me in some ways.
Compassion is important to me, given that I've learnt that we usually don't know as much as we think we do about others. This is why to be compassionate and kind despite of your circumstances is important. You won't ever truly know what others are going through. This comes hand in hand with integrity. We are all fighting something but our past doesn't really matter. What's important is what you do with it. Again, this may go hand in hand with hope. To keep your integrity, one needs a dosis of hope. Hope that things will turn out alright one way or the other, and that you are where you are for a reason, nothing less. Tolerance though, is a very important one to me, as ironically, I cannot tolerate intolerance. Specially not towards what's different. whether is race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. I like to feel like we all our own potential regardless of the differences.

and i really got carried away there...

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I mean, I'm not sure... but I'm very strong-willed. This can be both good and bad because just like I don't get overwhelmed by most obstacles, I don't back down easily. Perhaps not even when I should. This probably makes me seem stubborn and prideful. I have to say they are both most likely true. I would use a little less pride. It's confusing though because I have a lot of pride but lack confidence terribly. These are probably the things I would change.

Other than that, among friend and family groups, and even when caught in a sticky situation, I tend to be the positive minded friend that though she might be terribly anxious on the inside, tries to ease the anxieties and fears of those around her using optimism and playfulness. Not everyone seems to like this optimism as they sometimes deem it silly. But often, to look at the bright side of things prevents me from getting trapped in my own worries for too long.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I think I tend to trust them. But if I can, I'll investigate on the subject to see if I can find more information to make a decision about it. To get a feel of if i could be wrong, or if I'm most certainly right.

9. a) What activities energise you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

things such as paying the bills, having to think of what to cook for myself, having to clean the house. Those very simple things usually make me dread the idea of living alone. Don't get me wrong, I would love to move out and live all by myself because I would be able to behave however I wanted and it gives me feeling of freedom. But the usual is boring and I kinda feel like I would struggle to deal with these responsibilities.

I'm the most energised when i get an idea that makes me feel enthusiastic. Mostly for my writing, sometimes art, and the thought of spending time with my friends. Daydreaming also makes me feel strangely energised, so I have a lot of trouble falling asleep at reasonable hours at night. Sad part is, many times when I have an idea, im too lazy or feel too tired to get to it. Many ideas I forget about. Some others I start much later. Rarely do I start things right as I think of them. This makes me a great procrastinator.

10. What do you repress about your outward behaviour or internal thought process when around others? Why?

feelings. I'm aware of the fact that I feel very passionately about everything and a lot. But I don't want to seem overbearing to others or to bother so I often hold myself back when it comes to that unless I'm really comfortable with the people around. Sometimes when I can help but show a lot of emotion, like when i get really really angry (which luckily doesn't happen very often as i'm patient with people) or when I'm very nervous or scared, I feel embarrassed or frustrated. I feel a lot and I think about my feelings a lot but I keep some things inside of myself and don't like how reactive I can be.