• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New type me thread with better formatting

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
people kept saying that the previous thread had weird formatting. So I'm going to make a fresh thread with better formatting so people won't be intimidated by all the other posts til they get the actual better formatted questionnaire

SCENARIO 1 FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE Your significant other just ended your 2 year relationship quite suddenly and with no apparent explanation. Up until this point you had both been talking about marriage and last week you even went to look at rings together. Now he/she won't even return your phone calls or texts. After talking with his/her family you find out that he/she has just been diagnosed with terminal stage 4 cancer.
Describe how this scenario would make you feel as well as what sort of influences and motivations lie behind those feelings. Why do you feel the way you do?

I'll be honest, I don't think I will know how to act. I think I would feel empty inside, some anxiety, so I would go on a walk and clear my mind. Then try to work up the nerve to call my partner. I feel the way I do because I never had to deal with something like that before. If I dealt with someone close to me who had cancer and tried to withdraw, I would be able to react different but since I didn't, I will be quite shocked and feeling empty and all of the stuff I said.

In this scenario what would you honestly say the primary focus of your feelings would be?

I don't really understand the question. I don't look too deep into my feelings. I know I feel this way, and I will know the why but nothing to deep. I guess I would be going between if I want to be with the person I love or save myself from the pain of them dying while I'm with them. Then I would think it's irrational because either way it's painful. I don't really know how to answer this question.

SCENARIO 2* FOCUS ON YOUR FEELING PROCESS HERE You are in college and this semester both you and your roommate end up in the same class together. You and your roommate get along fairly well and the living situation works but you aren't particularly close. You both typically do your own thing and are rather indifferent to each other. As the semester progresses you excel and become one of the top students in the class whereas your roommate is struggling significantly to grasp the material. The professor assigns a fairly challenging take home test that is a significant portion of your grade. He/she makes it clear that while it is open book, students are to work alone. Later your roommate comes to you begging for help after struggling with the test most of the weekend. You have already completed the assignment and he/she isn't asking to copy your answers, just to help tutor and mentor them as they struggle to complete the test, so there is no way your professor would ever know. However, this is the first time your room-mate has asked you for help this semester. He/she makes it clear that how they do on this test could mean the difference between passing and failing this class.

How do you respond to your roommate's request and why?

Only on the questions they have the most trouble on and if they give me something in return. Since we don't do anything with eachother, they better help me with something, too. It'll be quicker to knock out the stuff they do know on the test and I assist them on the ones that they don't know.

What sort of things in this scenario stand out to you as far as having a strong influence on your decision making and why?

The fact that we are roommates. To be honest, they only ask because we are roommates and in the same class. If I weren't there, then I wouldn't have to help them. Let's be honest, I'm only an asset to them because we share two things in common, a room and a class. We also don't share one thing, which is the fact that I'm top student in the class and they are not. So, in reality, they are at a great advantage. What do I get? Nothing. So therefore they will have to give me something in return.
SCENARIO 3 FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE Your boss calls you into his/her office in order to assign you to a new project. He/she gives you a choice between two. Project 1 is a rather broad, expansive project covering multiple areas of company operations. It has the potential to have a very significant impact on company operations but it would require a collective effort and an extensive amount of group work where you would be logically thinking through the project together with the group of individuals your boss has also assigned to it. Project 2 has a much more specific and narrow focus and would require a significant amount of in depth individual analysis to work through the problem. You would be working alone and the completion of the project may or may not have much impact on company operations. However, after complete the process and problem you were working on will be streamlined and fundamentally understood.

- Which project appeals to you the most, as it relates to the way you prefer to logically process information? Why?

Depends on the pay of the project, too. You can't just give me two scenarios without a pay. I much rather work by myself, so probably scenario two. That is because I'm working by myself with one specific part of the company. I don't really think of things as a whole unless it's the beginning or the end. Plus, that sounds like more money than the collective one.

SCENARIO 4 FOCUS ON YOUR LOGIC AND THINKING PROCESS HERE Your college professor has assigned you to a group project with 3 other individuals. All 3 of these individuals have a good strong work ethic and desire to contribute to the overall success of this project. You are at the first meeting of your group and the other members are tossing around valuable ideas as to the nature and direction of this project.

- Describe your behavior in this situation as you process and think about the ideas they are presenting.

I would take the most efficient idea that they gave and put it to work. I am able To give ideas when need be, but I much prefer if other people do it in the group and I put it to work. If it's a two person project, we both talk about it collectively, but if it's a multiple person, then they give ideas and I put it to play in my head. Which ever one is the best fit, I make it happen. Along the way, if I see that something isn't fitting right while it's happening, I will take a different approach. I can be really resourceful in times of need. Something else I should also say is that I will use their strength to my advantage so not all of it is on me. I'll give them tasks so the end results will happen.

Describe what major influences drive this Behavior

The fact that others are throwing ideas and I'm able to make it happen. Also, I'm pretty adaptable and able to make whatever they plan work while taking a different approach when need be to make their end result. I'll be the maker, they are the idea people. I can still lead while making it happen so the project isn't all on me. It'll work out.

SCENARIO 5 FOCUS ON THE SOURCES YOU DRAW NON-PHYSICAL ENERGY FROM HERE It has been a very long week and you feel mentally and emotionally drained, but good news! It is Saturday and you have nothing significant that needs to be done. You FINALLY have some free time to yourself to recharge your batteries and do whatever you want.

Ah! Time to do things that I started and never finish. That drawing that I started earlier, time to finish it. That chapter I started writing, time to finish it. Hm maybe I will read a chapter or two of that book. Then after that I can go on a walk to the store and buy new art supplies.

SCENARIO 6 FOCUS ON THINKING VS FEELING HERE You have a meeting with your college career counselor to discuss potential careers that interest you. He/she offers you a list of the following careers and asks you to pick your TOP 3. He/she asks you to take money out of the equation. Imagine all of these careers received equal compensation. Focus instead on where you would truly feel most happy and fulfilled. Artist, Scientist, Actor, Engineer, Musician, Lawyer, Counselor, Entrepreneur, Teacher, Manager, Psychologist, Computer Programmer / Analyst, Clergy, Child Care, Medical Doctor

What were your top 3 choices and what aspects of these careers appeal to you?

TAKE MONEY OUT OF THE EQUATION! Oh lord!!! (Personally DONT like any of them, but I guess I will try) 1) artist - because I'm good at it and have been doing it for years 2) entrepreneurs - I thought about starting a music company of some sort. Like what Peyton did from One Tree Hill. I'm not good at music, but I like to manage musicians. 3) Teacher - because I have also thought about being an ASL teacher or teach English as a 2nd language.

(There is a scenario 7 but the image didn't work.)

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
Sorry for it turning bold halfway through. It did a weird thing and I didn't know how to change it. But I hope that helps y'all read it better. I normally don't think about how others would read/look at it, just how I do, which is something else I think goes in with my personality.

skimpit

I'm not good at typing, but I figured I give back since some people were offering to help me.

You know you can edit posts, right? You don't have to keep posting over and over to correct the formatting. That's what the 'edit' button is there for.

You can fix the bolding (though I know it's unlikely you will) by changing where the 'bold' tags wrap around the text. They look like this: [ b ] [ /b ]. The first tag should set off the part of the text you want to bold by coming before the first word of the section you want to bold. The second tag should come after the last word you want to bold. You have to repeat this for each section you want to bold. It works in a similar fashion to an old-fashioned word processor, but you can't see the results of your formatting work unless you 'preview' the post or submit it.

Anyway, I'm definitely getting IXXP vibes here but the answers provided in the initial post are a little scant. My first instinct was ISTP, for some reason. I tend to just assign types based on feel first without justification. I was reading the part about the projects and how you'd like to be the person carrying out the idea. The struck me as more of a practical type like a thinker or a thinking-judging combo.

But then I thought it might be Ne and Si working together... Hmm. Take of that what you will.

SigningBeast

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not good at typing, but I figured I give back since some people were offering to help me. You know you can edit posts, right? You don't have to keep posting over and over to correct the formatting. That's what the 'edit' button is there for. You can fix the bolding (though I know it's unlikely you will) by changing where the 'bold' tags wrap around the text. They look like this: [ b ] [ /b ]. The first tag should set off the part of the text you want to bold by coming before the first word of the section you want to bold. The second tag should come after the last word you want to bold. You have to repeat this for each section you want to bold. It works in a similar fashion to an old-fashioned word processor, but you can't see the results of your formatting work unless you 'preview' the post or submit it. Anyway, I'm definitely getting IXXP vibes here but the answers provided in the initial post are a little scant. My first instinct was ISTP, for some reason. I tend to just assign types based on feel first without justification. I was reading the part about the projects and how you'd like to be the person carrying out the idea. The struck me as more of a practical type like a thinker or a thinking-judging combo. But then I thought it might be Ne and Si working together... Hmm. Take of that what you will.

Thank you! I'm not very tech smart and I didn't realize I could edit my posts.
I know that sometimes I get a one track mind. Thank you for telling me, it was stressing me out reposting and reediting.
Sometimes when I have a goal in mind, I just think of that and not know a different way until it's presented. Even then I can get stubborn and still go my old way. It happens. Majority of the time I do pay attention to everything, I just didn't do it in this case.
also am kinda embarrassed for not realizing that so that's probably why I don't you all of that heh.