• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Need help understanding type 7 female

realkewl

Enneagram
I need some help understanding this lady I've been dating for a couple of months now. I'm new to the Enneagram and I'm a type 8. So, I'm doing work on me.

However, not sure how much personal work she has/is doing. So I'm assuming she's a average 7.

Anyway, here's the scenario that I'm really confused with.

We both met on meetup in a motorcycle group. We talked the first night and had a great conversation, and I basically left it like that, because a lot of other guys where trying to get her attention.

Second meeting was also with the meetup group and it was a ride and lunch...we happened to set right next to each other, and upon leaving everybody got up and was heading to pay their bill and she went to the rest room and left her jacket, so I grabbed her jacket, basically because everyone left.

Third meeting again, meetup group and we talked again and played ping pong, again didn't think much of it. Upon me leaving she came over and said to text her and that we should go for a ride. A surprise to me.

So I text her and we text and emailed the whole day. And she invited me to see some art work with her.

First date, art show...we had a great time and felt a connection. She made plans with me about a month out to do flyboarding. I agreed.

Second date...she wanted to go kayaking, so we went had a great time...and she quickly left...which I thought was a little strange. Texted slowed way down and zero phone calls. Oh, and we kissed on this date.

She said she's going house hunting in the mountains this weekend so I'm on my own. Heard nothing from her the whole weekend...which was not a big deal.

Third/Fourth date she wanted to go biking riding/lunch and then a play in the evening...so we rode had lunch another great time...that evening meet a couple of her friends and watched a play. When I dropped her off she was like I had a great time and she wanted to know when she was going to she me again. We kissed several times. She wanted me to see her place so she said she will cook me dinner Thursday. Today is Saturday.

Texted her when I got home...so she knew I made it home...25 min ride. No text back from her until Sunday around 10:30a...and the text was very vague. Nothing heart felt. Like previous text.

Texted her Sunday night and I didn't her back from her until Tuesday night, she said she is out of town dealing with a client. Thursday late afternoon she cancelled our dinner plans because she got a cold, and also we aren't going flyboarding because she going to visit her parents, it's her mother's birthday that Sunday. So she suggested we can facetime 7:30p So we did, but the whole conversation was about her and she said she's going to miss seeing me that weekend and that we could facetime while she's away..

She flew out sometime Friday because she only told me she be back Tuesday. She texted me when said landed, but then I didn't heard from until Monday night and that was only because I texted her to find out how her cold was doing.

When she landed Tuesday then she texted me and was like she really wanted to talk, but I told her I wanted to she her face to face. Plus when she left she knew I was flying out the following weekend and I'll be out of the country not just in another State. I heard nothing from her the rest of Tuesday.

Wednesday morning I called her and left a message that I wanted us to have dinner. Around lunch time I texted her the same message as the voice mail. An hour later she says she would love to see me but she's going to have to take a rain check, but could we face time again. I told her I didn't want to face time because the video can get slow so I asked can we just talk on the phone because I needed to talk to her, basically I wanted to know what was going on, but I didn't say that.

So I have not heard anything from her since, and I fly out tomorrow.

So I'm confused. I thought we where connecting, and we both said we like each other and that we where both looking forward to the future. When I get back we where supposed to go camping the following weekend...

So...Is this how 7's operate...what am I missing?

Thanks,
RW

partyengineer

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Welcome to the mind of a 7

I need some help understanding this lady I've been dating for a couple of months now. I'm new to the Enneagram and I'm a type 8. So, I'm doing work on me.

However, not sure how much personal work she has/is doing. So I'm assuming she's a average 7.

Anyway, here's the scenario that I'm really confused with.

We both met on meetup in a motorcycle group. We talked the first night and had a great conversation, and I basically left it like that, because a lot of other guys where trying to get her attention.

Second meeting was also with the meetup group and it was a ride and lunch...we happened to set right next to each other, and upon leaving everybody got up and was heading to pay their bill and she went to the rest room and left her jacket, so I grabbed her jacket, basically because everyone left.

Third meeting again, meetup group and we talked again and played ping pong, again didn't think much of it. Upon me leaving she came over and said to text her and that we should go for a ride. A surprise to me.

So I text her and we text and emailed the whole day. And she invited me to see some art work with her.

First date, art show...we had a great time and felt a connection. She made plans with me about a month out to do flyboarding. I agreed.

Second date...she wanted to go kayaking, so we went had a great time...and she quickly left...which I thought was a little strange. Texted slowed way down and zero phone calls. Oh, and we kissed on this date.

She said she's going house hunting in the mountains this weekend so I'm on my own. Heard nothing from her the whole weekend...which was not a big deal.

Third/Fourth date she wanted to go biking riding/lunch and then a play in the evening...so we rode had lunch another great time...that evening meet a couple of her friends and watched a play. When I dropped her off she was like I had a great time and she wanted to know when she was going to she me again. We kissed several times. She wanted me to see her place so she said she will cook me dinner Thursday. Today is Saturday.

Texted her when I got home...so she knew I made it home...25 min ride. No text back from her until Sunday around 10:30a...and the text was very vague. Nothing heart felt. Like previous text.

Texted her Sunday night and I didn't her back from her until Tuesday night, she said she is out of town dealing with a client. Thursday late afternoon she cancelled our dinner plans because she got a cold, and also we aren't going flyboarding because she going to visit her parents, it's her mother's birthday that Sunday. So she suggested we can facetime 7:30p So we did, but the whole conversation was about her and she said she's going to miss seeing me that weekend and that we could facetime while she's away..

She flew out sometime Friday because she only told me she be back Tuesday. She texted me when said landed, but then I didn't heard from until Monday night and that was only because I texted her to find out how her cold was doing.

When she landed Tuesday then she texted me and was like she really wanted to talk, but I told her I wanted to she her face to face. Plus when she left she knew I was flying out the following weekend and I'll be out of the country not just in another State. I heard nothing from her the rest of Tuesday.

Wednesday morning I called her and left a message that I wanted us to have dinner. Around lunch time I texted her the same message as the voice mail. An hour later she says she would love to see me but she's going to have to take a rain check, but could we face time again. I told her I didn't want to face time because the video can get slow so I asked can we just talk on the phone because I needed to talk to her, basically I wanted to know what was going on, but I didn't say that.

So I have not heard anything from her since, and I fly out tomorrow.

So I'm confused. I thought we where connecting, and we both said we like each other and that we where both looking forward to the future. When I get back we where supposed to go camping the following weekend...

So...Is this how 7's operate...what am I missing?

Thanks,
RW

Welcome welcome welcome

this sounds eerily familiar, picture her like a freebird, she is going to do whatever the hell she wants when she wants always. period. for very little regard for you or anyone else, not because she doesnt care! but because she doesnt realize shes doing it. alerting her to this would highly offend her too.

im sure she cares very much about you but she doesnt stress or really notice all the things you are. texting stuff? your going to have to get over that if you want to be with a 7. alerting her that this is a problem for you will only make you seem needy and us sevens flee ASAP

your an 8, if you can stand on your own two feet show her. your independance is sexy and key to her seeing you as low maintenance and fun. things us 7 require in anything besides a one night stand.

We dont deal with negative emotions.... like at all. you wanna talk about something serious and important? I'm gonna go for a jog and be back never. we kinda know we suck at this, but not really because were generally happy 100% of the time. if avoiding negative feelings keep us happy why would we stop? (theres tons of answers to this but none readily visible to us 7's lol)

on the bright side im sure shes a beam of light in your life. active, hilariouos, smart, optimistic. Those are things we can be counted on always. a relationship with a 7 is a blessing, if you can deal with the fact that everyone is attracted to our charm and we totes know it.

recommendation? show your independance, be as low maintance as possible, show her your playful fun active side thats open to trying new things. she'll come to value your loyalty and power in social situations. be patient, i know if the guy can exhibit these things for a few months and i really start to like him ill look past some of the negative stuff.... unless that comes up in the first few interactions.

we basically chase happy, be the happy active exciting person she desires. also plan something unique and fun! shell be sure to show up :)
good luck
-liz