• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISTP with INFJ tendencies

jimbodine

MBTI Type
ISTP
Just joined. In the last 2 years I've taken MANY of these tests, multiple times, almost as a hobby. I've had several types come up at one time or another. Early in the process there was a definite leaning to INFJ, but it felt like I was answering as I strive to be - or as my work and my family life force me to be. When I relaxed into it and just did it like I really felt, I started coming up ISTP with some consistency. Those two types have the same cognitive functions, just in different order. As an ISTP I've developed a fair amount of inferior Fe skill, not especially mechanically minded (that's the stereotype) and I like the world of ideas (including MBTI) as long as they help me understand actual phenomena and have practical application. Oh yes, and I'm demonstrative with my wife. I reject the notion of ISTP "simplicity". Anyway, this Typology test was interesting and very difficult for me. Seemed like a good test, a little confusing, but I came up ESFP - definitely NOT my type! Rated me low on Ti which I think is my strongest function. Anyone else wrestling with the ISTP-INFJ axis?