• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFJ's in popular culture

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTJ. Definitely more of an Fi person than a an Fe person. Also obvious Te.
Depends on which Captain America you're talking about. He seems very SFJ to me in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Leaning ISFJ but I could also see ESFJ.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Depends on which Captain America you're talking about. He seems very SFJ to me in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Leaning ISFJ but I could also see ESFJ.

When Captain America was first written, he started of as an ESTJ sort of person. But as more and more writers started writing his comics, he gradually turned into an ISTJ. And then in the movies he was a complete ISTJ. But theres no way in the world he has Fe instead of Fi. Also no way in the world he doesn't have Te.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When Captain America was first written, he started of as an ESTJ sort of person. But as more and more writers started writing his comics, he gradually turned into an ISTJ. And then in the movies he was a complete ISTJ. But theres no way in the world he has Fe instead of Fi. Also no way in the world he doesn't have Te.
What makes you feel so strongly about Te/Fi? Why so quick to rule out SFJ?

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
What makes you feel so strongly about Te/Fi? Why so quick to rule out SFJ?

Well, first of all "so quick" is an assumption on your part. I actually put thought into what I say. As for my explanation, Captain America is a bod leader. He can command any team. Even the most torn apart of teams (such as the Avengers). His Te is just too obvious in how he is a master strategist. Throw any situation his way and within a few seconds he'll have a plan figured out and a task for everyone. And once he has that figured out, he's not afraid to order everyone around. Not that he likes being in power, but that he just wants to get things done. Where he has more Fi than Fe is where when he has something to say. He says it without reservation. And while passive-aggressiveness is a strong Fe trait, Captain America is straight forward with everything he says.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, first of all "so quick" is an assumption on your part. I actually put thought into what I say. As for my explanation, Captain America is a bod leader. He can command any team. Even the most torn apart of teams (such as the Avengers). His Te is just too obvious in how he is a master strategist. Throw any situation his way and within a few seconds he'll have a plan figured out and a task for everyone. And once he has that figured out, he's not afraid to order everyone around. Not that he likes being in power, but that he just wants to get things done. Where he has more Fi than Fe is where when he has something to say. He says it without reservation. And while passive-aggressiveness is a strong Fe trait, Captain America is straight forward with everything he says.
Delegation =/= Te
Being an effective leader =/= Te
Being unafraid to stand up for what you believe in =/= Fi/Te

It can be easy to fall into the trap of "being vocal about your principles means you use Fi", but that sort of stand-by-your-principles-at-all-cost mentality is a cross-SJ trait. This, in my opinion, is the big difference between ESTJ and ESFJ values and how they are expressed:

personalitypage.com said:
The ESFJ's value system is defined externally. They usually have very well-formed ideas about the way things should be, and are not shy about expressing these opinions. However, they weigh their values and morals against the world around them, rather than against an internal value system. They may have a strong moral code, but it is defined by the community that they live in, rather than by any strongly felt internal values.

ESFJs who have had the benefit of being raised and surrounded by a strong value system that is ethical and centered around genuine goodness will most likely be the kindest, most generous souls who will gladly give you the shirt off of their back without a second thought. For these individuals, the selfless quality of their personality type is genuine and pure.

(link here)

In my opinion, if Captain America had been an ESTJ in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

1) He would have had a much more difficult time dealing with his fellow Avengers -- especially Tony Stark -- when they were irritating him and irritating each other, instead of becoming a harmonizing and uniting force within the team, setting his own feelings aside to focus on the team and the greater good
2) He would have not been NEARLY as warm, open-hearted, and self sacrificing, constantly trying to protect and help his fellow citizens, as he was in Captain America: The First Avenger. His focus would have been more on abstract principles and how they can be reinforced by impersonal action -- instead of on his fellow soldiers as individuals who need to be protected. It's not that ESTJs aren't capable of that level of compassion, but it can make us feel vulnerable, and we generally want to be anything BUT vulnerable.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Makoto Tachibana from Free! (yes I consider the anime a part of popular culture seeing how it attracts a bunch of people wanting to watch hot cartoon swimmers do cute things regardless of whether or not they watch anime)

Also known as one of my #1 anime husbands. :wubbie:

tumblr_static_tumblr_inline_mschyhq2of1qz4rgp.gif

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I may be wrong, but I think Sarah Walker from Chuck is an ISFJ. She sometimes comes across as an ISTJ, because she tries to hide her emotions, but it's clear that it's just an act.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Makoto Tachibana from Free! (yes I consider the anime a part of popular culture seeing how it attracts a bunch of people wanting to watch hot cartoon swimmers do cute things regardless of whether or not they watch anime)

Also known as one of my #1 anime husbands. :wubbie:

tumblr_static_tumblr_inline_mschyhq2of1qz4rgp.gif

I often do this with people's cats on their steps.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
Delegation =/= Te
Being an effective leader =/= Te
Being unafraid to stand up for what you believe in =/= Fi/Te

It can be easy to fall into the trap of "being vocal about your principles means you use Fi", but that sort of stand-by-your-principles-at-all-cost mentality is a cross-SJ trait. This, in my opinion, is the big difference between ESTJ and ESFJ values and how they are expressed:

(link here)

In my opinion, if Captain America had been an ESTJ in the Marvel Cinematic Universe:

1) He would have had a much more difficult time dealing with his fellow Avengers -- especially Tony Stark -- when they were irritating him and irritating each other, instead of becoming a harmonizing and uniting force within the team, setting his own feelings aside to focus on the team and the greater good
2) He would have not been NEARLY as warm, open-hearted, and self sacrificing, constantly trying to protect and help his fellow citizens, as he was in Captain America: The First Avenger. His focus would have been more on abstract principles and how they can be reinforced by impersonal action -- instead of on his fellow soldiers as individuals who need to be protected. It's not that ESTJs aren't capable of that level of compassion, but it can make us feel vulnerable, and we generally want to be anything BUT vulnerable.

The quote you used perfectly illustrates why Captain America has Fi. While Fe cares more about what IS good, Fi cares more about what THEY feel is good. Fe prefers objective moral codes and Fi prefers subjective moral codes. There's a great example of Cap's Fi in The Winter Soldier. The common belief was that Project Insight was a morally great idea. While someone with Fe would have just believed this objective belief, Captain looked toward his internal beliefs and found that he didn't like the idea of Project Insight. And pretty much throughout all of the movies he's in, he ignored external morals and trusted his own heart. Also being a thinker doesn't mean Steve is incapable of high levels of compassion. Actually, I think he is very much a thinker in the sense that he doesn't let his emotions distract him. Sure emotions will strongly influence him. But they won't let him lose his mind. He knows how to keep his mind straight. In the end, I'd say Captain America is an ISTJ. He's a loyal teammate, a strong and firm leader, an excellent strategist, a really stubborn guy, and a successful task manager. He's the rock of the team.

bilbotook

just some guy
MBTI Type
INFP
I've finally found an ISFJ villain. Sandman from Spider-Man. In my opinion, he's one of the most well written super villains of all time.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Belle from beauty and the beast
Piccolo from dbz
Chun li from street fighter

raissaroars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram